PDA

View Full Version : gun slings

things that go boom
09-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Does anyone else have problems with gun slings?

Any solutions?

smokingloon
09-13-2008, 10:13 PM
The only problem I have is finding some GI slings for the AR.

shellyzsweet
09-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Does anyone else have problems with gun slings?

Any solutions?

what kind of sling??
Like a shoulder sling/holster set that under cover cops wear? or like a rifle sling??

What seems to be the problem?

Annie Oakley
09-14-2008, 1:10 PM
My husband put a sling on his shotgun, and it also holds 20 rounds I think. The problem is, it makes the shotgun very heavy to hold, so I just don't use it.

things that go boom
09-15-2008, 4:21 PM
I need a rifle sling that either I can wear comfortably over one shoulder, I can't seem to wear one across my back without moving everything out of place... which makes me cranky.

Meplat
09-21-2008, 6:21 PM
I need a rifle sling that either I can wear comfortably over one shoulder, I can't seem to wear one across my back without moving everything out of place... which makes me cranky.

I think it is safe to say every one who actually carries a rifle for any amount of time, like hunters, has the same problems. That's why you always see them with a thumb hooked under the sling to keep it from slipping.

I believe shoulder straps on military uniforms are descended from early attempts to solve this problem. If you can figure this out you will be doing us all a big service.;)

redcliff
09-21-2008, 9:33 PM
Try a Butler Creek Stretch Sling if you just want to use it for carrying the rifle over your shoulder, or for a hasty sling when shooting offhand.

http://www.butlercreek.com/products/comfort_stretch_slings.html

DedEye
09-23-2008, 4:47 PM
As I recall I had a conversation on this very topic with a female Calgunner (Shelly I think) at Sunday's BBQ. I mentioned seeing a sling once that used an H harness design and was completely modular, I'll look to see if I can find it.

Moonclip
09-23-2008, 6:37 PM
Interesting thread, I have heard of issues with ladies and holsters, they generally need a different type for some types of carry, but not with slings, makes sense though.

Men actually can be bugged by shoulder holsters at first, we are not used to having shoulder straps go around our backs all the time.

shellyzsweet
09-23-2008, 11:19 PM
As I recall I had a conversation on this very topic with a female Calgunner (Shelly I think) at Sunday's BBQ. I mentioned seeing a sling once that used an H harness design and was completely modular, I'll look to see if I can find it.

yup....what your forgetting was that I said "ohh that was you? what was the problem?" and she replied "yea! whats your solution?"
-Which sparked the whole harness thing
Her name escapes me tho....I think she is the gf of M. Sage tho....IIRC

alex00
10-04-2008, 6:11 PM

Chalker Sling?
http://www.uscav.com/ZoomImage.aspx?CatID=548&ImageURL=/prodinfo/enlarged/25996L.jpg

Moonclip
10-06-2008, 1:24 AM
My husband put a sling on his shotgun, and it also holds 20 rounds I think. The problem is, it makes the shotgun very heavy to hold, so I just don't use it.

Yes, I generally don't reccomend those types of slings, especially on a shotgun. Actually if the gun is just for home defense purposes, I'd leave the sling off in some cases, it can get tangeled or in the way or caught on something.

DedEye
10-07-2008, 6:12 PM
Chalker Sling?
http://www.uscav.com/ZoomImage.aspx?CatID=548&ImageURL=/prodinfo/enlarged/25996L.jpg

Nah not that one, similar to it though.