PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday night is Ladies night at Bullseye Range

DedEye
09-12-2008, 8:59 PM
Well, this seemed like a good place to post this information...

Every Wednesday night from 6pm to 9pm, ladies pay only $5 per hour for range rentals and $5 for gun rentals.

Come enjoy a comfortable, friendly store and range with none of the stereotypical attitudes people associate with the shooting sports.

Bullseye Range (http://maps.google.com/maps?client=opera&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&q=bullseye+range+san+rafael&fb=1&cid=0,0,343753923691088622&ll=37.95281,-122.497773&spn=0.008138,0.013797&z=16&iwloc=A)
1281 Andersen Dr # K, San Rafael, CA - (415) 453-7465

M. Sage
09-12-2008, 9:17 PM
Just want to add my +1. I've taken my wife and her cousin there, both had nothing but good things to say. The cousin wound up buying a Glock 17 there because the staff treated her so well.

DedEye
09-12-2008, 9:40 PM
Just want to add my +1. I've taken my wife and her cousin there, both had nothing but good things to say. The cousin wound up buying a Glock 17 there because the staff treated her so well.

Good to hear :). Any chance this could be made a sticky?

M. Sage
09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Maybe when there are more threads. :p

grammaton76
09-13-2008, 3:18 AM
If Bullseye gets a sticky, then Iron Sights in Oceanside should also get a sticky for their every Tuesday night ladies night (NO lane fees, just targets+ammo... bring your own and it's completely free). And so on, and so forth. Doing this, the forum will rapidly become littered with stickies and the real posts will drift to the bottom.

There should be ONE and ONLY ONE stickied thread with this type of information, or else it's opening up vendor favoritism because sooner or later folks will get tired of stickying every single range with a ladies' night. I recommend that whoever does this, edits the summary/top post as needed whenever new information needs added to the summary of ladies' nights. There should be no preference for any given vendor, since (like with Iron Sights for instance) it's not like they've only just started having a ladies' night or something... they've been supporting the female shooting community since before I started going in 2001.

So... whoever is "riding herd" on this board, preferably one of the ladies, would ideally start the official thread (because if one of us mods creates it, it can't be readily editted when new ranges are made known to the community), and that thread would get stickied. The person who starts the thread is more or less in charge of keeping it up to date, but folks could always use "report post" to let us mods know to insert new info if the thread creator isn't around. Sound good/fair/non-board-littering to all?

DedEye
09-13-2008, 4:07 AM
If Bullseye gets a sticky, then Iron Sights in Oceanside should also get a sticky for their every Tuesday night ladies night (NO lane fees, just targets+ammo... bring your own and it's completely free). And so on, and so forth. Doing this, the forum will rapidly become littered with stickies and the real posts will drift to the bottom.

There should be ONE and ONLY ONE stickied thread with this type of information, or else it's opening up vendor favoritism because sooner or later folks will get tired of stickying every single range with a ladies' night. I recommend that whoever does this, edits the summary/top post as needed whenever new information needs added to the summary of ladies' nights. There should be no preference for any given vendor, since (like with Iron Sights for instance) it's not like they've only just started having a ladies' night or something... they've been supporting the female shooting community since before I started going in 2001.

So... whoever is "riding herd" on this board, preferably one of the ladies, would ideally start the official thread (because if one of us mods creates it, it can't be readily editted when new ranges are made known to the community), and that thread would get stickied. The person who starts the thread is more or less in charge of keeping it up to date, but folks could always use "report post" to let us mods know to insert new info if the thread creator isn't around. Sound good/fair/non-board-littering to all?

Fair enough. Perhaps someone will start a thread listing the various "Ladies Nights" at all the ranges in CA then?

grammaton76
09-13-2008, 1:01 PM
Fair enough. Perhaps someone will start a thread listing the various "Ladies Nights" at all the ranges in CA then?

That's what I'm hoping. Bueller... Bueller...

Saigon1965
09-13-2008, 1:03 PM
Guys, I read somewhere but can't remember a guy is sueing because of the "ladies night specials". Just a heads up, can't remember where though. Might of been at a bowling alley. I'll try to find some details.

Moonclip
09-13-2008, 3:38 PM
Guys, I read somewhere but can't remember a guy is sueing because of the "ladies night specials". Just a heads up, can't remember where though. Might of been at a bowling alley. I'll try to find some details.

It happened both at a Firing Line and at a defunct indoor range in LB. Guy was known for making junk lawsuts in the early 2000's.

nicki
09-13-2008, 8:03 PM
I run a monthly shoot from 10am to 12pm the 3rd Sunday of every month at the 10th street range at 1580 south 10st in San Jose.

I keep the group open for members of the LBGT community, attendance varies. Typically I will have 5 to 8 shooters at the range. We could handle 15 to 20 shooters.

Since I run the event, I make the rules:eek:

Actually, I'm not to rule happy, as long as things a safe, I just want people to have a good time.

I will waive range fees for first time guests. This event I will be bringing 22cal pistols and I will cover the first 500 rounds of ammo for new shooters.

I usually bring extra guns. Since space is limited, I ask that people contact me so that I know that they are coming, especially if they don't own their own guns.

Typically I will bring 5 to 8 pistols with me, mostly 9mm.

If interested, send me a PM.

KKBB
Nicki

Moonclip
09-14-2008, 1:39 PM
At a range I used to go to that is no longer in business, before the Pink Pistols were started I think, I asked the people if they could do a LBGT night but they would not go for it in addition to the Ladies night they used to have.

Nemo
09-16-2008, 3:04 PM
I've been going (infrequently) to the Bullseye Wed. night women's shoots for a while...great stuff, fine range, and great employees.

Jackson Arms has a women's night also; it's Mondays, I believe.

Vectrexer
09-16-2008, 4:17 PM
Yup. At Jackson Arms Monday is half price for Ladies:

http://www.JacksonArms.com/Rates.htm

(Scroll down to the bottom in the "Nightly Specials" section)