PDA

View Full Version : Panoche Open to OLL??

whitey
09-12-2008, 8:48 PM
hey everyone I am confused is Panoche Open to OLL or open at all to shooting. Sept 2008

Thanks

NiteQwill
09-12-2008, 9:03 PM
??

All shooting generally

C.G.
09-13-2008, 7:25 PM
Most of Panoche is closed during fire season April 15 - October 15. As to where to shoot, here is the info:
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/hollister/panoche_tumeys.2.html#recreation

CACitUP
09-13-2008, 8:16 PM
Besides....Panoche is usually frequented by hunters like myself from Oct through early Nov. Lots of people wandering around the bends with dogs. Best shooting there is in the latter part of Winter or Spring.

Turbinator
09-14-2008, 7:32 AM
I think I understand what the original poster is asking. OLL's are good to go at Panoche. Take 'em, have fun, be safe, and be sure to clean up your mess when you're done. Thanks!

Turby

Standard
09-14-2008, 9:08 AM
I shoot mine there semi-frequently. Never a problem.

TonyM
09-14-2008, 9:14 AM
I got slightly hassled out there on closing weekend this year. First time in years that I have had contact with a Ranger other than a wave. Seems the same Ranger was asking everyone that was out there that day, from the posts we had here about it.

He didn't know the laws at all, and it really seemed like he was trying to bait me into admitting I was breaking the law. Hopefully this is not going to become the new normal experience. Keep your guns legal, and be prepared to explain your configuration. Keeping a copy of the laws and maybe a couple of the AW flowchart with you would be a good idea as well, IMO.

Turbinator
09-14-2008, 4:39 PM
I got slightly hassled out there on closing weekend this year. First time in years that I have had contact with a Ranger other than a wave. Seems the same Ranger was asking everyone that was out there that day, from the posts we had here about it.

He didn't know the laws at all, and it really seemed like he was trying to bait me into admitting I was breaking the law. Hopefully this is not going to become the new normal experience. Keep your guns legal, and be prepared to explain your configuration. Keeping a copy of the laws and maybe a couple of the AW flowchart with you would be a good idea as well, IMO.

Did you get his name? There are two rangers I've dealt with - one is Leslie and the other is Jason. Both are non-shooters but gun friendly. They are more interested in talking about Panoche as a wildlife preserve than they are about talking guns and hunting, but they were certainly not gun-unfriendly at all. I've never been questioned by either of these two, nor were any others in our large group when we were out there with Leslie and Jason present.

Turby

TonyM
09-14-2008, 4:55 PM
Did you get his name? There are two rangers I've dealt with - one is Leslie and the other is Jason. Both are non-shooters but gun friendly. They are more interested in talking about Panoche as a wildlife preserve than they are about talking guns and hunting, but they were certainly not gun-unfriendly at all. I've never been questioned by either of these two, nor were any others in our large group when we were out there with Leslie and Jason present.

Turby

Didn't get his name, We were on our way out when he, a younger guy (28-35ish) stopped me. He questioned what we were doing, and if we had been camping or hunting. After telling him no, he wanted to see my guns, so I obliged. He kept trying to get me to admit that my ACOG had "nightvision in it" and kept asking exactly when and where I bought my lower. Also didn't seem to believe that the bullet button was not a regular detachable magazine. There was another Ranger in the vehicle (think it was one of the newer uglier small Jeep things), but they didn't get out. I think the only thing that kept him from pushing me was that I presented my facts with confidence. I could easily have seen it going the wrong direction if I hadn't been as confident with my answers.