PDA

View Full Version : 'Young Calgunner' and 'Mentor'... How?

CHS
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
First off, I think this sub-forum is a great idea. I sometimes get so focused trying to get women into the shooting sports, that I forget about what's even more important: Kids!.

I've read the rules and they state there will be two different usergroups, the 'Young calgunner' and 'Mentor'.

Is anyone who's not already a 'young calgunner' automatically a 'mentor'? How does that work?

Just curious! I'd like to consider myself a mentor, or a mentor-in-progress. I would also gladly donate time, ammo, and range fees getting kids hooked on such an awesome and fun sport :)

jcaoloveshine
09-12-2008, 1:01 PM
I'm 19 and a poor college student, do I still qualify as a kid? :D

ar15barrels
09-12-2008, 1:12 PM
Dude, 2/3 of calguns belongs on this specific forum.
All your paintballers and airsofters can live here now.

rkt88edmo
09-12-2008, 2:02 PM
Dude, 2/3 of calguns belongs on this specific forum.
All your paintballers and airsofters can live here now.

no no no no no no no no no

steadyrock
09-12-2008, 2:09 PM
FYI, if you live in OC I and a few other dads are starting a shooting sports club in the Trabuco Trailblazers club of the Orange County 4-H. I think the Huntington Beach chapter has a club as well. If you live near Trabuco Canyon or RSM, and are interested, PM me and I can help get your kids involved.

CSACANNONEER
09-12-2008, 4:59 PM
Well, for now, my stepson has choosen to live full time with his father so, I could use a new shooting partner. It's his loss. While shooting with me, he has met an Olympic Gold Metalist, several members of the USA shooting team, several past and present 1000 yard world record holders and even shot a 1000 yard match all between the ages of 11 and 13. Presently, his picture is even featured in a FCSA recruting handout that is also several manufacturers include with the purchase of every new .50 caliber rifle they ship out. I'm interested in mentoring kids of any age how to shoot safely and responsibly. Of course, I will ONLY do this with the parents being present at ALL times! If anyone knows of a young one who wants to learn to shoot better, feel free to contact me and we'll see if it could work out.

ar15barrels
09-12-2008, 5:55 PM
I'm interested in mentoring kids of any age how to shoot safely and responsibly. Of course, I will ONLY do this with the parents being present at ALL times! If anyone knows of a young one who wants to learn to shoot better, feel free to contact me and we'll see if it could work out.

Will you take 33yr old kids as well?
I don't think I can arrange for my parents to always be present, but I'll get them to write you a note that it's ok...

Fantasma
09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Nice forum, i think i will be living in this one.....

AHAHA

Also whats young? below 21?

M. Sage
09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Nice forum, i think i will be living in this one.....

AHAHA

Also whats young? below 21?

Under 18. This section is for the next generation.

palakaboy
09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
whoops!

21 and just posted an intro....

talk about young at heart fail!

Fantasma
09-13-2008, 1:10 AM

I think its better suited for anyone under 21. Whats the final word?

palakaboy
09-13-2008, 1:13 AM
i agree....hehe.

CSACANNONEER
09-13-2008, 8:06 AM
Will you take 33yr old kids as well?
I don't think I can arrange for my parents to always be present, but I'll get them to write you a note that it's ok...

Randall,

Although your maturity level may be that of a minor (I'm not saying that is a bad thing), I have a funny feeling that you could teach me a lot more about shooting than I could teach you.

Jonar
09-14-2008, 3:02 PM
whoops!

21 and just posted an intro....

talk about young at heart fail!

ah crud. I did the same thing too :(

Patriot
09-14-2008, 3:10 PM

:iagree:

Moonclip
09-17-2008, 1:41 AM
I plan on letting a 20yo calgunner shoot some of my firearms if he buys some of the ammo and rangetime for himself. Of course when I was in my early 20's I already owned like 30-40 firearms:)

This guy has never even shot a revolver!!!

Moonclip
09-17-2008, 1:48 AM
I have also been helping a 18yo friend, a non calgunner, he has seen all of my extensive collection,shot some of it, and I have given him a Armscor Ak22 and a Polish Mosin Nagant M44 and got him some great deals on other guns as well as given his dad some handguns.

CHS
09-17-2008, 9:30 AM
I plan on letting a 20yo calgunner shoot some of my firearms if he buys some of the ammo and rangetime for himself. Of course when I was in my early 20's I already owned like 30-40 firearms:)

This guy has never even shot a revolver!!!

My experience has been that most people think revolvers are kinda lame.

That is until they get a chance to shoot one!

Moonclip
09-17-2008, 4:56 PM
My experience has been that most people think revolvers are kinda lame.

That is until they get a chance to shoot one!

Especially a magnum with hot ammo.

dsinger09
02-04-2009, 7:53 PM
My crutch is not knowing anyone with cool guns... I haven't shot anything more powerful than 9mm.