PDA

View Full Version : Would this meet the Calif Compliant Rifle Requirements?

Hitman
09-12-2008, 6:37 AM
Would this meet the California Compliant Rifle Requirements.

Gripless so as the mag release still works the way it should.
Fake shroud pinned so it meets min barrel length requirements.
Non collapsable stock.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/ar15hitman/HK/DSCF1361.jpg

SC_Chewy
09-12-2008, 7:01 AM
I believe the web between your first finger and your thumb cannot "align" with
the trigger so no, it would not be legal. doesn't matter how long the grip is....
maybe you could figure out a MMG style add on?

domokun
09-12-2008, 9:33 AM
For it to be legal, I believe the area between the stock and the remainder of the pistol grip protruding from the lower receiver must be filled in to be CA compliant.

Hitman
09-12-2008, 9:36 AM
Ok.. I guess the other option now would be to get a bullet button/RADD kit.

But since I have a functional paddle mag release I need to replace that part also to make it non-functional. Dammit:mad:

radd
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok.. I guess the other option now would be to get a bullet button/RADD kit.

But since I have a functional paddle mag release I need to replace that part also to make it non-functional. Dammit:mad:

If it is an compensation.......Raddlock is not a permanent modification. Everything is reversible. Cutting that grip will cost you another 60.00~100.00 in lower receiver replacement.

"It doesn't matter how many buns comes in a bag for your pack of hot dogs.... Just be glad you always have hot dogs"
~Bullet Proof Monk~

;)

Radd

Guntech
09-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Fake Barrel shroud?

radd
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Fake Barrel shroud?

If the barrel is does not meet the 16" Barrel requirement, then you must do a permanent barrel extension to reach 16". So you plan on pinning a Fake Can then it best be a blind pin and welded.

But to meet the 30" OAL CA requirement, then it does not need to be permanent.

I just don't see a good solution to mod this MP5K Clone. You might as well just find a MP5 Clone that is CA legal already. Unless you own this MP5K already.

Radd

Hitman
09-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Fake can is blind pinned and welded over..just confirmed it.

Plus I can get a hold of another lower frame so that would not be an issue. Looks like the simple solution would be a RADD kit and be done with it. ;)

aplinker
09-12-2008, 2:34 PM
You can make a "wing" of kydex between the PG and the stock. Works well and prevents a pistol style grasp - so you can drop mags.

Radd locks are great if you want features, but this is featureless.

Hopi
09-12-2008, 2:43 PM
I think this config is close to the line, but if you were to cut off a tiny bit more of the og grip, you should be good to go. I run one of my ARs like that.

A problem might arise if you can rest the web of your hand below the imaginary line in a "pistol style grasp". Although, you will technically be grasping air.

I've been working on a solution....

What do you guys think of this "shelf grip" for the AR?
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n446/equianous/untitled.jpg