PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 1 Takedown dent spring ...locally

speeddreamz
09-11-2008, 11:39 PM
In san francisco, just need

Takedown Detent Spring / Pivot Detent Spring

mine got snagged I tightened it down while it was hanging out and now its not really much of a spring...

Any shops or people in the area? I saw one on a website but they wanted 4 dollars for shipping on a less than 1 dollar part. Anyone willing to mail one with a regular stamp?

C9X19
09-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Use a BIC lighter spring. :)

joelogic
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
that's an excellent field repair.

speeddreamz
09-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Use a BIC lighter spring. :)

The mini lighters, or the regular sized ones?

BP88
09-12-2008, 12:32 AM
The mini lighters, or the regular sized ones?

I think a pen spring will work, too. Make sure it's about the right diameter then cut it down until it holds properly.

domokun
09-12-2008, 12:36 AM
If all else fails, call up Irvington Arms, they have most of the AR parts in stock at the store.

Lateralus
09-12-2008, 12:37 AM
If you want, I keep extras lying around, PM me your address and Ill get one out to you.

A fellow calgunner helped me out once when I needed a small insignificant part, so now's my chance to return the favor.

DedEye
09-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Riflegear.com sells parts individually too.

DedEye
09-12-2008, 12:38 AM
If you want, I keep extras lying around, PM me your address and Ill get one out to you.

A fellow calgunner helped me out once when I needed a small insignificant part, so now's my chance to return the favor.

+1 to Lateralus. A Calgunner did that for me once, I just wish I had the spare to offer up now :).

Lateralus
09-12-2008, 12:43 AM
+1 to Lateralus. A Calgunner did that for me once, I just wish I had the spare to offer up now :).

Gotta keep the circle going :)

aplinker
09-12-2008, 12:48 AM

mine got snagged I tightened it down while it was hanging out and now its not really much of a spring...

Any shops or people in the area? I saw one on a website but they wanted 4 dollars for shipping on a less than 1 dollar part. Anyone willing to mail one with a regular stamp?

Just force it in... If it's near the edge it won't make a difference... the expansion offsets the loss of springiness from that section... I've run detent springs that look disgusting in a pinch. You can then buy at leisure

Rust
09-12-2008, 8:59 AM
Pretty sure I have some spares. I'll be back in the city Sunday evening. Geary/Masonic area.

bonjing
09-12-2008, 4:07 PM
i've got a spair also let me know, i'm at jackson on tues.

speeddreamz
09-13-2008, 9:17 AM
Thanks for all the support, I will definitely return the favor to someone =)

Lateralus
09-13-2008, 1:31 PM
Thanks for all the support, I will definitely return the favor to someone =)

Remember CalGuns is a community more than a forum.

Oh yeah, its in the mail. Sent it out yesterday. I had it in my hand as I got out of my car and it went flying out. I had one of those "oh ****" moments and I thought there was no way I was going to find it. Luckily i did haha...

speeddreamz
09-13-2008, 3:08 PM
I know what you meant, when i built the lower I dropped 2 of the springs and the part that goes infront of the spring which is barely visible.

Guntech
09-13-2008, 3:18 PM

Theres your problem lol.

Lateralus
09-13-2008, 3:56 PM
I know what you meant, when i built the lower I dropped 2 of the springs and the part that goes infront of the spring which is barely visible.

The detent? Yea, theres an old joke: "The first thing an AR will shoot is a spring across the room."