PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone...

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 3:58 PM
Ever puchased an AR15 from Irvington's Arms in Fremont? I don't know much about that place (But then again, I don't know much about AR's as well) and was wondering if they're reliable when it comes to buying an AR15

ar15barrels
09-11-2008, 3:59 PM
I doubt that anyone has ever purchased an AR-15 from them.
Colt AR-15's are banned by name.

elSquid
09-11-2008, 4:09 PM
Ever puchased an AR15 from Irvington's Arms in Fremont? I don't know much about that place (But then again, I don't know much about AR's as well) and was wondering if they're reliable when it comes to buying an AR15

I've bought a bunch of OLLs from them. They're good guys.

-- Michael

nobs11
09-11-2008, 4:11 PM

Come on, you know what he meant.

He clearly meant an AR series OLL. Someone who has purchased from them should chime in. If you can't help him, why bother? They are thought to be a reputable dealer here.

gcvt
09-11-2008, 4:11 PM
I shop there and they are great! You'd be hard pressed to find a better bunch of guys in the gun industry.

nobs11
09-11-2008, 4:12 PM

Come on, you know what he meant. Why are you such a smart *** always?

He clearly meant an AR series OLL. Someone who has purchased from them should chime in. They are thought to be a reputable dealer here.

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 4:13 PM
Ok... I was just there yesterday and I was looking at their ARs and I felt skeptical about the place. But they seemed like good guys. I don't know... Just want an opinion about the place if anyone has bought an AR there. Thanks

ghost
09-11-2008, 4:13 PM
+1 theyre good guys there at irvington arms:)
they`ll answer all your oll questions and they also do builds for customers.i try to make it there once a week myself.

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 4:15 PM
Come on, you know what he meant. Why are you such a smart *** always?

He clearly meant an AR series OLL. Someone who has purchased from them should chime in. They are thought to be a reputable dealer here.

Ahahahahaha...

jchen76@gmail.com
09-11-2008, 4:15 PM
I have purchased a spike's tactical ar lower from them which they built up. Didn't buy the full rifle, was waiting for my spike's .22 upper to on it. I've also had them convert my ar 9mm oll from pistol grip/w bullet button to featureless with U-15 butt stock.

Good guys.

ar15barrels
09-11-2008, 4:18 PM
Come on, you know what he meant.

You make an assumption that I knew what he meant.
You know what they say when you assume something... ;)

gcvt
09-11-2008, 4:18 PM
Ok... I was just there yesterday and I was looking at their ARs and I felt skeptical about the place. But they seemed like good guys. I don't know... Just want an opinion about the place if anyone has bought an AR there. Thanks

What in particular made you feel skeptical about the place?

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 4:19 PM
+1 theyre good guys there at irvington arms
they`ll answer all your oll questions and they also do builds for customers.i try to make it there once a week myself.

I see... Well the guy (I forgot his name) showed me a Bushmaster Carbon 15, I think. But I know it was a Bushmaster, not the 9mm. It has a bullet button and a 10rd mag for $900. Not sure if that's a good price. Cause what I was looking for is what he had, something just simple for now. But not so sure about the AR and the place

ar15barrels
09-11-2008, 4:20 PM
Why are you such a smart *** always?

He clearly meant an AR series OLL.

Someone has to correct and educate the un-informed.
By assuming that someone knows something, you never teach them anything.
He did not clearly state he wanted an OLL.
He clearly is interested in an AR15.
By my correcting him, he will further research the whole OLL situation and be more informed.

What have you done today?

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 4:21 PM

By my correcting him, he will further research the whole OLL situation and be more informed.

He made a point

sorensen440
09-11-2008, 4:22 PM
I see... Well the guy (I forgot his name) showed me a Bushmaster Carbon 15, I think. But I know it was a Bushmaster, not the 9mm. It has a bullet button and a 10rd mag for $900. Not sure if that's a good price. Cause what I was looking for is what he had, something just simple for now. But not so sure about the AR and the place

sounds like a fair price to me
and +1 from the store Ive purchased a few lowers from them and have been very happy all around

Saigon1965
09-11-2008, 4:24 PM
Was it something about the massage place next door that gave you a feeling?

To the OP - Irvington Arms is good to go, shop in confident there. Ian, frank and Big Mac are members here also. They'll teach you about OLLs there, just go during the week. Weekend is jammed pack in there and service will be slower.

ar15barrels
09-11-2008, 4:25 PM
He made a point

Irvington Arms is good people.
Read up on the legalities of what's required to stay compliant and then go see them.
They will take care of you.

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 4:25 PM
What in particular made you feel skeptical about the place?

When I walked in there it just didn't feel like it was legit. Just the vibe, but I'm sure they've been doing this for a while and from you guys say they are good guys. I don't know... I probably was over looking the situation when I was there. But I do plan on buying a simple AR from there. Maybe that Bushmaster for now cause it's simple and it doesn't have a Monster Man Grip. But thanks again everyone

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 4:28 PM
Was it something about the massage place next door that gave you a feeling?

Ahahahahahahahaha... It's funny how they have one there

ghost
09-11-2008, 4:29 PM
it seems like elevenbravo should search around price wise and shoot an oll ar before you go to a shop.that way you know what you want,know what youre getting into before you buy it,and feel more comfortable imo.

aplinker
09-11-2008, 5:32 PM
read through my signature

IA is nice peeps... the shop is pretty dank and rundown, from a 1st look, so i get the concern.

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 5:36 PM

IA is nice peeps... the shop is pretty dank and rundown, from a 1st look, so i get the concern.

Fo sho. Well... Imma check out the place again sometime next week and maybe if that Bushmaster is still there, then maybe I'll buy it. Just want something simple and keep looking through the forum and then start building it up. Thanks everyone

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 5:37 PM

Fo sho. Well... Imma check out the place again sometime next week and maybe if that Bushmaster is still there, then maybe I'll buy it. Just want something simple and keep looking through the forum and then start building it up. Thanks everyone

BlackDrop50
09-11-2008, 5:41 PM
Sounds like a good price. I got my OLL there and need to get another one and maybe a .308 lower if they have one.

Blacky
09-11-2008, 6:10 PM
Is there an echo in here... am I the only one seeing this?

Saigon1965
09-11-2008, 6:21 PM
No, it's been happening a lot lately - The matrix is messed up.

Is there an echo in here... am I the only one seeing this?

rg_1111@yahoo.com
09-11-2008, 6:28 PM
There real good guys at IA.

Vectrexer
09-11-2008, 6:57 PM
... Irvington's Arms in Fremont? I don't know much about that place...

The shop is all business and little glitz. But totally legit. At least that was my impression the two times I went there. Look through the appearance and see the substance.

Ended up spending about an hour and a half each time. If they were closer to me I would give them more business. Super helpful and informative. I will probably go back again when I start reloading and/or researching-buying my OLL setup.

dfletcher
09-11-2008, 6:58 PM
I haven't bought anything substantial there, but I like the place & the guys who work there and look forward to buying something. Anyone working at a gun store who takes the time to explain to me what a peel washer is and how it works - with the prospect of only a $4.00 sale at the end of the chat - is OK by me.

sv_1
09-11-2008, 8:02 PM
Good guys. It's good they are an hour away, otherwise I'd spend way too much money there...

Nitroman
09-11-2008, 8:03 PM
Shop there in confidence. The guys know what they are doing and how to do it. I have been a regular customer at I.A. for years. and will continue to give them my business as long as they are willing to tolerate me ;). Look past the run down nature of the place and engage the guys in some meaningful conversation. They are always willing to help out someone that is "new to the game".

Rich :)

ElevenBravO
09-11-2008, 9:12 PM
Ok... So I guess imma stop by there next week then and see what they got.

domokun
09-11-2008, 9:18 PM
When I walked in there it just didn't feel like it was legit. Just the vibe, but I'm sure they've been doing this for a while and from you guys say they are good guys. I don't know... I probably was over looking the situation when I was there. But I do plan on buying a simple AR from there. Maybe that Bushmaster for now cause it's simple and it doesn't have a Monster Man Grip. But thanks again everyone

I bought a bunch of stuff through them and don't let the decor impact your impression with them. Like everyone else has said, they're a top notch place to get your OLL needs satisfied. Next time you head in there, ask about OLL ARs and tell them what features you want to put on your OLL AR series rifle. They'll provide you the guidance and help needed to purchase all the parts you need for your build and ensure that the end result is a CA compliant/legal OLL AR series build. Seems like the best day to go into their shop from my experience is on Wednesdays when they're not so busy.

draconianruler
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Buy some guns and then get a massage. What's better then that :D

Seriously, they are great guys! Don't hesitate getting something from them. Their prices are decent and their service rocks. I just wish I lived closer to them.

Bowser
09-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Eleven Bravo, what's up man. It's me from TMW. If you do get tired of top loading, you can but an OLL (off list lower) which is not on the banned list and install a bullet button and use your current parts on your Carbon-15. everything can swap onto it, even the LPK (lower parts kit) like the trigger, hammer, springs, detents, etc.

Eleven Bravo is a customer of mine and I had recommended he come to calguns.net to educate and familiarize himself with CA gun laws. Even told him to go to IA. I'm a nice guy aren't I? :43:

ElevenBravO
09-13-2008, 3:04 AM
Eleven Bravo, what's up man. It's me from TMW. If you do get tired of top loading, you can but an OLL (off list lower) which is not on the banned list and install a bullet button and use your current parts on your Carbon-15. everything can swap onto it, even the LPK (lower parts kit) like the trigger, hammer, springs, detents, etc.

Eleven Bravo is a customer of mine and I had recommended he come to calguns.net to educate and familiarize himself with CA gun laws. Even told him to go to IA. I'm a nice guy aren't I?

Sup Man! Ummm... I can't remember if it's top loading when I bought it, but from all the researching I've been doing on the Bushmaster Carbon 15, the one I'm getting might may be a top loading:( So I'm just going to get a OLL instead, bullet button, and a 10 round mag. And then get some evil features.
Thanks a lot Bowser!!! I'll stop by next week and shoot off some rounds again. Trying to kill some time before I get the Carbon 15. Ahaha.. Thanks a lot

scfast
09-13-2008, 7:38 AM

Eleven Bravo is a customer of mine and I had recommended he come to calguns.net to educate and familiarize himself with CA gun laws. Even told him to go to IA. I'm a nice guy aren't I? :43:Nice bugeye bowser...
Sup Man! Ummm... I can't remember if it's top loading when I bought it, but from all the researching I've been doing on the Bushmaster Carbon 15, the one I'm getting might may be a top loading:( So I'm just going to get a OLL instead, bullet button, and a 10 round mag. And then get some evil features.
Thanks a lot Bowser!!! I'll stop by next week and shoot off some rounds again. Trying to kill some time before I get the Carbon 15. Ahaha.. Thanks a lotThey do make a drop mag carbon and if the mag was sticking out then it is a drop mag with a bullet button the fixed mag has a sealed mag well and no magazine sticking out....I will say your making a good choice by going another route and skipping the carbon alltoghter and building/buying another OLL....Good luck

nobs11
09-13-2008, 9:35 AM
He did not clearly state he wanted an OLL.
He clearly is interested in an AR15.

There are ways to educate people without mocking them or being rude. You come across as condescending, arrogant and rude in almost all your posts. You make little snide mocking remarks.

This is why you won't get my business. I was going to deal with you but I ended up going to a competitor. But you have enough business already so you don't need to take the time to be nice to people. I understand.

Bimmer2
09-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I contacted Irvington Arms about a lower, and they seemed very helpful. Use the search function, and you'll see that they're well regarded. FWIW, you can do MUCH better on price than Irvington Arms, or any of the in-state dealers.

Lower receivers are typically $100-110, shipped (contact AlohaRover). DROS at your local FFL is $25, and there's typically a $25 fee for the transfer. So, if anybody is charging more than $135 for a lower (plus tax, plus DROS), then that's too much. I think Irvington Arms wanted $185, which seemed like gouging to me...

Ben

ElevenBravO
09-13-2008, 11:59 AM
They do make a drop mag carbon and if the mag was sticking out then it is a drop mag with a bullet button the fixed mag has a sealed mag well and no magazine sticking out....I will say your making a good choice by going another route and skipping the carbon alltoghter and building/buying another OLL....Good luck

I see... I didn't know that. I just looked online and only saw that type of Carbon 15. Thanks, I'm not as dissapointed now. I just gotta remember if it was a drop mag with a bullet button. Ahahaha... Thanks again

ElevenBravO
09-13-2008, 12:00 PM
I contacted Irvington Arms about a lower, and they seemed very helpful. Use the search function, and you'll see that they're well regarded. FWIW, you can do MUCH better on price than Irvington Arms, or any of the in-state dealers.

Lower receivers are typically $100-110, shipped (contact AlohaRover). DROS at your local FFL is $25, and there's typically a $25 fee for the transfer. So, if anybody is charging more than $135 for a lower (plus tax, plus DROS), then that's too much. I think Irvington Arms wanted $185, which seemed like gouging to me...

Ben

Yeah. That'll help me out if I'm gonna change my lower once I find out if the Carbon 15 is an internal mag

hitmeallday900
09-13-2008, 2:41 PM
Well their shouldnt be concerns. I for one have been to a few gun stores and my look before you speak and get to know me may have you thinking im a crook or someone shady because of my employment and i always have on big sweatpants and a sweatshirt.With that said a couple of your favorite gun stores in the bay area tend to ignore me or look weird due to my 70's style 6" afro.
I only shop and will only due transactions at Irvington arms and if me paying 10-20 dollars more for a product is what it takes to be treated fairly then so be it. Plus i work at Nummi and i can start drosing anything on my 45 min lunch break and still grab a bite.

Ian and Frank are the best by far and the Guy with the shaggy dog i forget his name.