PDA

View Full Version : NFA trusts

badicedog
09-11-2008, 1:10 PM
Im considering a NFA trust and wondering if anyone has had success with it. What type of NFA items could we realistically posses here in California?

domokun
09-11-2008, 1:24 PM
Please see here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=109642

CHS
09-11-2008, 2:10 PM
Im considering a NFA trust and wondering if anyone has had success with it. What type of NFA items could we realistically posses here in California?

- Short barreled shotguns (Built on a C&R)
- Short barreled rifles (Built on a C&R)
- AOW's (That are not 'pen guns', don't have to be built on a C&R)
- Machineguns (Only technically. You still need a DoJ permit that they won't give you)

The most fun NFA item I can think of, is a C&R remington 870 "Master Key" for my AR.

aplinker
09-11-2008, 2:32 PM
- Short barreled shotguns (Built on a C&R)
- Short barreled rifles (Built on a C&R)
- Machineguns (Only technically. You still need a DoJ permit that they won't give you)

The most fun NFA item I can think of, is a C&R remington 870 "Master Key" for my AR.

Keep in mind SBRs won't be much fun since you still have to deal with AW law on semi's with OAL >30"

CHS
09-11-2008, 3:43 PM
Keep in mind SBRs won't be much fun since you still have to deal with AW law on semi's with OAL >30"

Since they have to be C&R's, there's not too many worthy semi's available for SBR'ing anyways. Definitely no AR's.

Garands and carbines, sure, but yeah, the 30" thing gets in the way.

In my mind, SBR's aren't really useful in CA unless you really want a shortened bolt action rifle for some reason.

SBS's an AOW's are where it's at :) Super-shorty and masterkey, here I come!

tpliquid1
09-11-2008, 3:54 PM
where do one buy a masterkey?

BP88
09-11-2008, 4:10 PM
lol, I love how they try to restrict us from owning certain firearms, but if we pay them enough money it's sure as hell okay to own one. What a bunch of tards.

xxG3xx
09-11-2008, 4:19 PM

so your saying i can legally own this?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/SER-SS12.html

even though it says at the bottom they wont sell here but doesnt mean other people wont

aplinker
09-11-2008, 4:20 PM
so your saying i can legally own this?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/SER-SS12.html

even though it says at the bottom they wont sell here but doesnt mean other people wont

yes

CHS
09-11-2008, 4:23 PM
where do one buy a masterkey?

Well, in CA you basically have to make one yourself.

First you would have to find a suitable donor gun that is +50 years old. You can get 50 year old 870's, for example.

Once you have the firearm, you need to file the appropriate paperwork with the BATFE +200$ in order to get permission to manufacture a short barreled shotgun (NOT AN AOW, you NEED an SBS).

Once you have permission in the form of an ok letter and a tax stamp, you can remove the stock and cut down the barrel and manufacture an M203 style mount. Alternatively, you can send the firearm to a properly taxed FFL holder (like M24armorer), and they can turn your normal C&R 870 into a masterkey.

domokun
09-11-2008, 9:33 PM
Well, in CA you basically have to make one yourself.

First you would have to find a suitable donor gun that is +50 years old. You can get 50 year old 870's, for example.

Once you have the firearm, you need to file the appropriate paperwork with the BATFE +200$ in order to get permission to manufacture a short barreled shotgun (NOT AN AOW, you NEED an SBS).

Once you have permission in the form of an ok letter and a tax stamp, you can remove the stock and cut down the barrel and manufacture an M203 style mount. Alternatively, you can send the firearm to a properly taxed FFL holder (like M24armorer), and they can turn your normal C&R 870 into a masterkey.

The latter method quoted above might be cheaper in the long run when compared to the $200 up front for the BATFE tax stamp and efforts to get the letter before you buy the Masterkey.

slick_711
09-11-2008, 9:39 PM
This makes me sad. :rolleyes:

I have access to a $75 C&R Winchester. I have an AR. I want a masterkey (for kicks :p). But I don't have $200 or the money for legal fees to set up a trust.

Although.... Does said trust have to be set up in a certain way? I already have a family trust for real estate purposes, would it be possible to use that with minimal alteration to secure an ATF tax stamp? Or are the trusts we're discussing here very narrow and specially tailored?