PDA

View Full Version : I have a Noveske 14.5 (16.1 oal) in 7.62. Can I sell it in Cali?

shekari
09-11-2008, 8:39 AM
I have a Noveske CQB rifle I bought in Washington earlier this year and I need to come up with some money. So I am considering selling it. Is it legal in California? Are there any dealers that will do an out of state transfer? I figure I'll have to remove the stock, pistol grip and mag, but is there anything else that will need to be changed....
Thanks for the help,

69Mach1
09-11-2008, 8:45 AM
Is the lower receiver marked N6? If so, it's not on the banned list so it's good to go, but must be broken down for shipment, or a 10 round mag locked in place. Is there a perm. fixed muzzle break/flash suppressor on the barrel making it 16.1 OAL? As long as it's perm. it's OK. Yes, there are plenty of dealers here in CA that will do the transfer of your rifle.

Now for the really important info.
We really need to see a picture of that setup. :)

shekari
09-11-2008, 9:08 AM
Here is a picture

tacticalcity
09-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Buy a $15 Price 50 maglock (www.coldwarshooters.com), install it (takes 5 seconds and no tools and no skill) and you should be legal to ship to California.

Without the maglock you have to completely disassemble the lower receiver. As in remove every single part. But only the lower. The upper you can leave along.

From what I can tell the lower is legal here. Noveske is not on the banned list as far as I can see.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf

So the problem you run into is that without a maglock your rifle violates Senate Bill (SB23). By installing the maglock you make the rifle SB23 compliant.

If you are looking for somebody to give you an easier answer, there isn't one. Our laws are complicated here.

Intimid8tor
09-11-2008, 12:08 PM
How much?

TonyM
09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
As 69Mach1 said, if the flash hider is permanent, then it will be fine. If it's just torqued on, that's definately an SBR and an NFA violation.

Post a price and you'll be more likely to get a bite. ;)

shekari
09-11-2008, 2:08 PM
Thanks all for the info.
The flash suppressor is pinned by Noveske, so non-NFA. There's no way I would disasemble their great work so I guess the Mag lock is the way to go. Oh, and I guess the mag is out too (20 rounder)

aplinker
09-11-2008, 3:43 PM
Thanks all for the info.
The flash suppressor is pinned by Noveske, so non-NFA. There's no way I would disasemble their great work so I guess the Mag lock is the way to go. Oh, and I guess the mag is out too (20 rounder)

Unmating the lower and upper would work, too. Ship the upper to buyer, lower to ffl.

You need a price.

shekari
09-12-2008, 8:33 AM
OK, I found an FFL willing to do the transfer, so I will sell it. Price is $2850 LESS the scope. I want to keep that.
I paid over $3300 fot it a couple of months ago after waiting over 6 months for it. Things change : (
It was built by Noveske and they put 5 rounds through it to test function. It has sat unfired in my safe in Washington since....
Email with any questions.
Thanks,