PDA

View Full Version : shooting in vegas

gn3hz3ku1*
09-09-2008, 8:49 PM
has anyone brought their OLL and guns to vegas to shot? any good ranges? Im thinking of buying 30 rders and leaving it with friends there.. where can i go blasting? :)

how do you guys usually travel with guns all the way to vegas?

makav3li
09-09-2008, 8:58 PM
if you ca id they wont sell you a 30, your friends are going to have to buy it since they are keeping there anyways. i only know of the gun store on trop, cuz i rented an mp5 there once.

SJgunguy24
09-09-2008, 9:03 PM
if you ca id they wont sell you a 30, your friends are going to have to buy it since they are keeping there anyways. i only know of the gun store on trop, cuz i rented an mp5 there once.

Did that too:D:D The wife asked what the sound was. Freedom babe thats what freedom souds like!

Call the Clark county Sheriffs office. Also check out the shoots and meets forum I recall some people had a spot like 20 mins out of town.

Vinz
09-09-2008, 9:06 PM
The Gun Store is great, I wish they had one in Reno.

Wife and I blew $600 bucks there and that was the first day on our Vegas vacation. cash cash cash buys all you need.

vinz

SJgunguy24
09-09-2008, 9:14 PM
I looked it up. I not sure how to link stuff but its under Desert pics posted by Booshanky

Quiet
09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Here's a list (http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/Documents/Venues.pdf) of ranges in the Vegas area.

This map is from the Clark County Parks & Recreation website and shows what desert areas around Vegas you can go to shoot.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/PublishingImages/firearms1.jpg

Anywhere that is not colored in should be good to go. Might want to call them to be 100% sure though.

Quiet
09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
how do you guys usually travel with guns all the way to vegas?

While traveling through CA, unloaded in locked containers.

Stop in Primm, NV (ie. stateline) and load up my carry piece.
I has non-resident NV CCW permit. :D

X-NewYawker
09-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Desert Sportsmen's range west of Vegas.

Big-Kr3w
09-09-2008, 10:49 PM
look for a place called like mile marker 20? its right at the top of the downhill going into vegas (right hand side if your going in). im sure all the gunshops know it, th place that rents the full autos is theplace that told me about it. ive never seen some many shotguns shells and brass pilled up!!! its kinda by the big electrical plant. GOOGLE EARTH IT!

Big-Kr3w
09-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Heres a link. dont know if itll work. basically type in las vegas, nv, follow the 15 or las vegas blvd as if you were leaving vegas, at SLOAN RD./ VEGAS BLVD. go east between the and youll see the power station, youll see the dirt road to get back there, and youll see where the war zone is when your driving in on your right hand side! you can actually see all the trash and debris people shoot at on the map.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=44.023938~-99.71&style=h&lvl=4&tilt=-89.875918865193&dir=0&alt=7689462.6842358#JnE9eXAuTEFTK1ZFR0FTJTJjK05WJT dlc3N0LjAlN2VwZy4xJmJiPTc0Ljg2NDMxMjU2ODY2OTIlN2Ut NjguODY5ODM2ODkwODE4NSU3ZTEzLjE4Mzk4NjM3NTA4MDUlN2 UtMTMwLjU1MDE2MzA4NDQwNw==

NiteQwill
09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
The last two people mentioned it. BLM area to shoot all you want.

Here is a clearer map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.447592,-114.952312&spn=0.016398,0.034633&t=h&z=15

Zoom out for reference.

gn3hz3ku1*
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
okay great! thanks guys. are there any rifle ranges out there? that way i can make sure everything is kosher?

NiteQwill
09-10-2008, 2:42 PM
okay great! thanks guys. are there any rifle ranges out there? that way i can make sure everything is kosher?

When I lived there, there was none. The rifle range was the open desert. :)

The new Clark County Recreational Park will be the first outdoor rifle range in Vegas. It opens sometime next year.

E. Fudd
09-10-2008, 3:00 PM
Here's a list (http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/Documents/Venues.pdf) of ranges in the Vegas area.

This map is from the Clark County Parks & Recreation website and shows what desert areas around Vegas you can go to shoot.

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/parks/locations/PublishingImages/firearms1.jpg

Anywhere that is not colored in should be good to go. Might want to call them to be 100% sure though.

Note that on the uncolored west side of the map is the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, which is BLM, but more controlled. No shooting allowed there. Just hiking, picnicking, etc. Day use only, etc. Also there is a state park in the same area with restrictions on shooting.

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/blm_special_areas/red_rock_nca.html

BP88
09-10-2008, 3:19 PM
look for a place called like mile marker 20? its right at the top of the downhill going into vegas (right hand side if your going in). im sure all the gunshops know it, th place that rents the full autos is theplace that told me about it. ive never seen some many shotguns shells and brass pilled up!!! its kinda by the big electrical plant. GOOGLE EARTH IT!

Are you talking about "The Gun Store" on Tropicana? I remember firing their Comtech AK in .223 and their 9mm MP5 clone a few years ago. Full-auto is the way to go! :)

Anways, try either South or North of Vegas. I'd tell you my spot but I don't know who's regulating these boards.

E. Fudd
09-10-2008, 5:46 PM
P.S. Oh, and that white area in the middle of the map is Nellis AFB. Probably not a good idea to plink around there either... ;)

HendersonDefense
09-10-2008, 5:46 PM
We go shooting out near the area that was listed at Sloan. You can ANYTHING out there you want. We took a mortar out there once :D

Also, the only place in town (that I know of) that will ask for ID for any purchase is The Gun Store. I can't think of any other place that does that. We GLADLY sell to you California folks when you roll in :)

thanks,
Ron

gn3hz3ku1*
09-14-2008, 5:02 AM
We go shooting out near the area that was listed at Sloan. You can ANYTHING out there you want. We took a mortar out there once :D

Also, the only place in town (that I know of) that will ask for ID for any purchase is The Gun Store. I can't think of any other place that does that. We GLADLY sell to you California folks when you roll in :)

thanks,
Ron

yes i dont get why they ask for ID after all its legal to have parts kits and lots of people refurb their old 30ers

timmyb21
09-14-2008, 11:54 AM

thanks,
Ron
Where you located? :)

DrunkSkunk
09-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Where you located? :)

Henderson Defense Industries, LLC
145 Gibson Road, Suite E
Henderson, NV 89014

When you get off the 95 and make that left you make a u turn at mary crest then enter the industrial park building area, make a right and it's like the second building to the right.

There is no sign from the outside, just a big *** E

timmyb21
09-14-2008, 3:41 PM
Henderson Defense Industries, LLC
145 Gibson Road, Suite E
Henderson, NV 89014

When you get off the 95 and make that left you make a u turn at mary crest then enter the industrial park building area, make a right and it's like the second building to the right.

There is no sign from the outside, just a big *** E
Thanks!

JagerTroop
09-14-2008, 5:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a sweet little spot that I go to about twice a year. We shoot NFA full auto, suppressed FA, BIG tannerite bombs, no problems... ever. It's north of vegas about 20 minutes. take the 15 N to the 93 exit... it only goes one way, N/NW (left). You'll pass a power station on the left and it's a gravel turnout about 1 1/4 miles on the right. It's a big gravel turnout... the only one for miles(I think). Take the dirt road (I drove a Ford Focus out there, no problem) towards the hills (about 1/4 mile). You'l pass an old fridge/dryer/waterheater (somethin someone shot the heck out of) and up to the 1st plateau(you'll see a few shell casings:rolleyes:). Shoot away from the road(obviously) at the hillside. There's also more spots deeper in the hills. Go to Google Maps and put in "apex power pkwy nevada" and it will put you at the power station. scroll up and just above the 1st white cloud in the sat. photo is the road you want. If you zoom in, you can see the fridge(whatever), and the plateau.

I hope this helps. Have fun.

NiteQwill
09-14-2008, 8:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a sweet little spot that I go to about twice a year. We shoot NFA full auto, suppressed FA, BIG tannerite bombs, no problems... ever. It's north of vegas about 20 minutes. take the 15 N to the 93 exit... it only goes one way, N/NW (left). You'll pass a power station on the left and it's a gravel turnout about 1 1/4 miles on the right. It's a big gravel turnout... the only one for miles(I think). Take the dirt road (I drove a Ford Focus out there, no problem) towards the hills (about 1/4 mile). You'l pass an old fridge/dryer/waterheater (somethin someone shot the heck out of) and up to the 1st plateau(you'll see a few shell casings:rolleyes:). Shoot away from the road(obviously) at the hillside. There's also more spots deeper in the hills. Go to Google Maps and put in "apex power pkwy nevada" and it will put you at the power station. scroll up and just above the 1st white cloud in the sat. photo is the road you want. If you zoom in, you can see the fridge(whatever), and the plateau.

I hope this helps. Have fun.

This was already posted above. ;)

By me ;) :D

JagerTroop
09-14-2008, 8:54 PM
This was already posted above. ;)

By me ;) :D

Sorry. I didn't bother to follow your link. I love that spot... Last trip out ('08 SHOT show) we put 25lbs. or Tannerite in one of the caves at the top (the one in line with the main road in). Add a 300 win mag into the equation, and now you've got a party. It was one hell of a blast... we could see the shockwave blowing across the shrubs/brush for a good 3 or 4 seconds before it hit us :D good times

gn3hz3ku1*
09-30-2008, 7:10 PM
hey guys thanks for all the tips. does anyone know a indoor range that we can go to that will let me shot my AR and Saiga?