PDA

View Full Version : Magpul UBR's, MOE Grips and Forend

Addax
09-09-2008, 3:41 PM
I just got off the phone with Magpul, and they provided me an update on the UBR back orders, and I inquired about some other items as well.

The UBR's are in full production and they have starting to fulfill some older back orders (Civilian and some Military).

I was told that they should be catching up with back orders over the course of the next 6-8 weeks (maybe sooner if possible).

MOE Grips
Also, if you guys run into an issue with the MOE grips where the plug pops out during shooting, let Magpul know. I had one that would just pop out everytime I shot it and they told me that some of the early runs got a modified MIAD plug and if it pops out, they have the new model plug they will send out.

MOE Super Grips
A Version of the MOE is coming out in the next 4-6 weeks (maybe less) that is a little oversized and rubberized (like the Hogue AR grip).

MOE Forend
I asked when this would be coming out and the Magpul rep. told me they are trying to get it out in approx. 4-6 weeks, but nothing 100% definite on the timing.

That is all for now.

Cheers,
Chris

Lateralus
09-09-2008, 3:55 PM
I <3 Magpul

sonicbuff
09-09-2008, 4:18 PM
I wonder if they will release the UBR in Dark Earth ?

Ballistic043
09-09-2008, 4:33 PM
of course they will

ar15barrels
09-09-2008, 4:47 PM
2 weeks x3 on everything then...
At least they are consistent.
In 3 months, the story will be the same.

Addax
09-09-2008, 6:41 PM
2 weeks x3 on everything then...
At least they are consistent.
In 3 months, the story will be the same.

LOL!

I should have titled it 2 WEEKS..

Yeah, I remember 3 months ago, "2 weeks", the it became "4 weeks", then it became "6 weeks", then "In the near future".

I brought this up with their Disti. Manager today and he said that they have been working hard on getting things done and ready for production on all the MOE gear and getting caught up with back orders on UBR's.

In fact the example of the MOE grip, that they used a modified Miad Plug until a correct one could be developed and made tells me allot.

At least we still have CTR's coming in and now PRS AR10 stocks are coming through the channel again too.

sigsauer887
09-09-2008, 6:47 PM
Nice, super grip sounds good.

jacques
09-09-2008, 8:26 PM
Were they having some sort of production problems?

DedEye
09-09-2008, 8:33 PM
Hadn't heard of the Super Grips, sounds interesting.

I'm still really excited for the Magpul ACS.

Addax
09-09-2008, 8:58 PM
Hadn't heard of the Super Grips, sounds interesting.

I'm still really excited for the Magpul ACS.

I know, I had not heard of the Super MOE Grip.

I am very excited about this, since currently the Hogue is my favorite AR grip, but I like the MOE too, so a combination of both MOE with Oversized Rubberized grip is the best of both worlds.

Addax
09-09-2008, 9:40 PM
Were they having some sort of production problems?

I think it is more of an allocation of orders, resources/materials and production scheduling.

To me, it looks like Magpul collect orders from their Tier 1 Distributors (who collect them from dealers), and when enough orders are secured they go into production.

NiteQwill
09-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Anyone have a contact email for a rep in MagPul? I know I saw it posted somewhere, I just can't find it anymore. It was concerning the bottom grip plug falling out.

NiteQwill
09-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Never mind, found it on the arfcom forums.

Here is the info FYI, contact him to get a replacement bottomend.

jbeard@magpul.com

Addax
09-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Never mind, found it on the arfcom forums.

Here is the info FYI, contact him to get a replacement bottomend.

jbeard@magpul.com

That is the person.

I had the same problem, and I am getting a replacement one.

He told me they used a modified Miad plug on the initial production runs, but have since come out with a dedicated plug.

Mine falls out after only a couple of rounds.

Bruce3
09-09-2008, 11:18 PM
whats a Forend?

Addax
09-09-2008, 11:20 PM
whats a Forend?

Forends are Front Hand Guards, and/or Front Rails or Railed Forends.

aplinker
09-10-2008, 1:17 AM
What about the Magpul BUIS?

I am very excited about this, since currently the Hogue is my favorite AR grip, but I like the MOE too, so a combination of both MOE with Oversized Rubberized grip is the best of both worlds.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

I've been looking forward to that since it was first mentioned a bit ago...

J_Rock
09-10-2008, 4:02 PM
What about the Magpul BUIS?

I dying to get my hands on a MBUS. Troy BUIS' are great and all but at $140 a pop is alot of money to put on one each rifle.

http://album.weaponevolution.com/SHOT/IMG_0742%201028%20WEVO.jpg

shark92651
09-10-2008, 5:16 PM
LOL @ trusting Magpul estimated ship dates :D

ar15barrels
09-10-2008, 5:24 PM
LOL @ trusting Magpul estimated ship dates :D

Who's worse, Magpul or YHM?

Blacktail 8541
09-10-2008, 5:40 PM
Their both bad at getting things out when they say.

aplinker
09-10-2008, 5:41 PM
Who's worse, Magpul or YHM?

Who actually fiends over YHM products? ;)

When was the last time you were really excited by YHM?

Addax
09-10-2008, 7:36 PM
Their both bad at getting things out when they say.

I agree.

Both are bad at keeping their ETA's.

shark92651
09-11-2008, 8:28 AM
Seriously though I'm ready to get my hands on some more UBR stocks. I have had some on order for about a year, and that order was placed a year after they said they would begin shipping. I received a total of 5 units several months back and they were all gone in a couple hours.

Heavy_Grinder
09-11-2008, 8:42 AM
Hey shark, addax......does magpul let you do PO's???? im just curious

*edit*....PO's meaning Purchase Orders.

shirow
09-27-2008, 7:15 PM
So should I "pull the trigger" on a CTR stock or wait for the UBR?

marxdspot
09-27-2008, 7:33 PM
So should I "pull the trigger" on a CTR stock or wait for the UBR?

Buy the CTR and sell it when the UBR is available.

shirow
09-27-2008, 9:57 PM
Buy the CTR and sell it when the UBR is available.

Great idea! SOLD. :)

BlackReef
09-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I currently have the CTR and am waiting on the UBR. The CTR is a great, solid, comfortable stock, but I'm sure the UBR is much better

marxdspot
09-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I currently have the CTR and am waiting on the UBR. The CTR is a great, solid, comfortable stock, but I'm sure the UBR is much better

I currently have both. IMO, it depends on what you plan on doing with either stock. The UBR is two to three times heavier than the CTR, which is why I use it on my Sig 556, so that it balances that front heavy upper. On the other hand, I use the CTR stocks on my POF and Spikes 22 builds to keep both rifles light for quick shots. Like I said, it all depends.