PDA

View Full Version : Cad Technik Scope Mount

dfletcher
09-09-2008, 3:01 PM
Has anyone used this on a No 4 or No 5? With the #4 & #5 so cheap I'm considering buying one just for the heck of it and to use the mount.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1502&title=ENFIELD+No.+4+&+No.+5

I have an Ishapore, why exactly will this thing not fit on it - left side of receiver on #4 & #5 is flat, Ishy is not? Safety looks the same, each uses the screw through the receiver wall as an ejector.

Pthfndr
09-09-2008, 8:42 PM
I had one (recently sold it) that I used on a No4. Works well as long you don't try to put too long a scope on it.

bobfried
09-13-2008, 3:06 PM
It doesn't work because the dimensions are different. You are forgetting that the normal Enfield's uses a rimmed cartridge whilst the 2A uses a non-rimmed round. The dimensions are therefore quite a bit different. But than again this mount might just work if you use a longer screw, sorta have to buy it and try it. Like all things Enfield related these things are a hit and miss.

I'd also like to know where you are able to buy No.5's for cheap, I've got one and would love to add another one in decent shape for less than $500.

dfletcher
09-13-2008, 8:10 PM
It doesn't work because the dimensions are different. You are forgetting that the normal Enfield's uses a rimmed cartridge whilst the 2A uses a non-rimmed round. The dimensions are therefore quite a bit different. But than again this mount might just work if you use a longer screw, sorta have to buy it and try it. Like all things Enfield related these things are a hit and miss.

I'd also like to know where you are able to buy No.5's for cheap, I've got one and would love to add another one in decent shape for less than $500.

Thanks for the info. Guess I should have wrote that the 4s are cheap, but the 5s not so much anymore.