PDA

View Full Version : double star jvt vs cmt lowers

tommyid1
09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
hows the quality and finishing of double star lowers vs the cmt stag lowers.? also what finish do they use on the jvt lowers. the same as all the other manufacturers? reason i ask is i dont want a couple 2 tones of black rifles when im done.

Mississippi
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I have always had good luck with doublestar. Their finish is fine. I only use their lower parts kits now also.

Darklyte27
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
who sells DS LPK?

bwiese
09-09-2008, 11:01 AM
hows the quality and finishing of double star lowers vs the cmt stag lowers.? also what finish do they use on the jvt lowers. the same as all the other manufacturers? reason i ask is i dont want a couple 2 tones of black rifles when im done.

All lower mfgrs have finishes that vary over time. Sometimes there's more lot-to-lot variation in a given brand of lower over time than there is between two different brands at any one time.

Perhaps buy a lower from the co. that makes your upper receiver, and buy 'em at in the same time frame?

Most any lower, with the exception of Hesse/Vulcan/Blackthorne ones, can be built up to form a 100% reliable, accurate rifle.

What Just Happened?
09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
who sells DS LPK?

I believe that J&J Armory sells Doublestar LPK's. I'm pretty sure that's what's in my OLL.

sthornwall
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I am using a CMMG upper on my DS-15. The fit and finish is as good as any others I have seen. My DS has a lighter charcoal grayish color compared to the other components. I am thinking of upgrading it with a RRA bull barrel upper assembly with a free float.

scubamark13
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
The few that I have seen have a lighter color than say Stag or Megas. For the price they look like good lowers to me.

pdq_wizzard
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I have a star-15 and the fit to my CMMG upper is fantastic, I looked at one of the Bushmaster carbon 15 at Wild Sports and I will tell you if I had pulled that out of the box and seen the fit and finish on it I would have sent it back, you could have put a dime between the upper and lower. Looked like crap.

As for the color between the DS Star-15 and the CMMG, it is really close the upper has a little more gray in it. You have to be out in the sun to see it.

sthornwall
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
The few that I have seen have a lighter color than say Stag or Megas. For the price they look like good lowers to me.

You got any pics of your bastard child AR :43: to show to the crowd Mark? I am sure some of the CalGunners would get a kick out of that. You should make a list of all the different parts attached.

Vinz
09-09-2008, 5:47 PM

don't forget Tommy, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=119324&page=5

vinz