View Full Version : Work Party

09-08-2008, 7:09 PM
Attention Members,

The Board would greatly appreciate it we could get some folks to show up for a working party Saturday the 13th at Range 103.

We can rally in the parking area around 0930-0945. I anticipate being done by 1300-1400.

Those unable to make the Club meeting Friday evening can see us out there and discuss any issues during the work party.

Thank you for your time.

SMGC Board of Directors

09-09-2008, 5:10 PM

If you are intending to come out for the work party please respond so that we can get an approximate head count.

Thank you,

Paratus et Vigilans
09-09-2008, 6:43 PM
Count me in, John. :)

Should I bring anything special in the way of gloves, tools, etc.?

09-09-2008, 7:15 PM
Two things that we would like to do is clean up the 600 yard line (weeds and grass) if needed since it is going to be only 600 yards 20 Sept.
Second thing it to scrape the conex box that we store target materials in and paint it. So if you are headed out there, please bring a wire brush, painting gear (brush, gloves), painting clothes.

On 19 Sept, I will be working on the roof patching and rebuilding the roof. If have knowledge in building stuff you are more than welcome.

09-11-2008, 7:39 PM
Thanks for the response Paratus. Please bring eye and possibly ear protection for the wire wheels in use, crappy clothes or a poopy suit; if anyone has nitrile gloves or latex to protect from paint, bring them. Leather gloves too.

I think that should cover it. Job one will be getting a scape done, patching the holes (so no more rodents or reptiles) and paint.

09-12-2008, 8:42 AM
Hi Folks,

Contrary to what Swingman posted; please, if you are interested in helping, whether you have construction experience or not. Many hands make light work.

We will help you through and who knows, you may learn something!

Once again, if you are interested in helping, please feel free to show up. Experienced or not.

Thank you,

John Hermsen, Chairman
SMGC Board of Directors

09-18-2008, 7:11 PM
I was off on the dates! 19th is a Friday and I will be working. However, since John and other have fixed the roof then disregard my last posting.