PDA

View Full Version : Headin to Nevada for the weekend...

pwall
09-08-2008, 6:28 PM
Every year the fam takes a trip to Reno for the Annual air races/airshow. This year I am planning to take a couple firearms for some desert target practice. I was hoping to get some guidance from some members here who occasionally head to NV to shoot. Any special rules I need to follow as far as where I can shoot? And are there any special spots I should go?
thanks

domokun
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Be sure to stop by Cabella's on your way in or out to Reno. It's located where Boomtown is.

NiteQwill
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Most of Northern Nevada is good to go for shooting as a large majority of it is BLM land. Just don't shoot on private property or within public highways and you're good to go. I miss the good ol days of going outside and shooting from my milkcrates 10ft from the porch (I grew up in Vegas).

leitung
09-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Be sure to stop by Cabella's on your way in or out to Reno. It's located where Boomtown is.

+1 be sure to bring a bib for when you go into the gun library, and be sure to ask the cashier about their policy on selling high caps to california residents.... LOL!! They literally say.. "I know nothing.. nothing...":rolleyes: Oh and try not to drool on the bushmaster AR's like I did, they dont like it..

I don't know of any places to shoot.. but do enjoy your time in the free world...

Mississippi
09-08-2008, 10:48 PM

Cabella's is a must!

Mr. Joshua
09-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I think there is a link on the NV Hometown forum on AR15 as to where you can and cannot shoot. Be very careful that you don't wander off onto reservation land.

Have fun and enjoy your trip. You could also just go to the Washoe County Range north of Sparks on Pyramid Hwy.

carabou
09-09-2008, 5:13 PM
I don't know how much the housing has expanded out there past the Air Race area, but I use to do a lot of shooting out there. Most of it is BLM land. We use to even shoot automatic weapons way out there when I was in the reserves.
I miss the Air Races. I was part of the show 2 years in row. We did some "OV-10 Bronco" jumps for the fans. :)