PDA

View Full Version : HK USC gotta be one of the most boring pistol round rifle I own......

radd
09-08-2008, 5:07 PM
I have been taking my HK USC out to the local OC Range in Brea instead of La Puente Range since they called my rifle AW and wanted my registration for the rifle.

The OC Range people are friendly are well versed on the OLL laws. The range I think maxed out at about 17 yards. I have a red dot setup with co-witness to the irons. Every time I pulled the trigger I get average 1" group at 7 yards and 2" group at the 17 yard range. This went on repeatively. It wasn't that much of challenge so I got bored after couple hundred rounds and left.

This last week I finally got a chance to take it out to Burro Canyon to see if it will be more challenging for maybe 30yards with my red dot. But I didn't know the new range rule requires you put targets at minimum 50 yard line at the rifle range. So I did my best 4" to 6" group off hand. This is mostly due to fact I can't see the target that clearly at that range. Luckily my friends brought some fruit and coconuts to play with. And guess what range rules require those things at 100 yard. I figure I gave it a shot. The USC took very little adjustment and got all fruits in sight including the big watermellon at 200 yard line. It took about 2 magzine dump to get all the fruits. But I had to wait 20min for the line break to set up again. Needless to say it was very boring in between line break. But I tried to hang in there and manage to at least use up couple hundred round before packing up to go.

I mean this is rediculous. It was not a challenge at all to hit anything I pointed at. Half of the time I was just waiting for the line break.

BTW: Out of the couple hundred rounds I went through not one failure at all. Couple times the bolt failed to lock back after last round I think it is due to the lower charged reloads. New factory round never had any problem with last round bolt lock. There is nothing needed to tinker with to make it work better. Boring :sleeping:

Has anyone experienced this problem with their HK USC also?

Radd:D

TonyM
09-08-2008, 5:14 PM
Same problem here.

Not a challenge at all, it eats all my reloads w/o a hassle is is too accurate.

Was this an attempt at advertising the Raddlock?? ;)

BTW, Got any extra keys for sale?

socalgunrunner
09-08-2008, 5:15 PM
I almost bought one of these, but decided to save the money for my FN SCAR.

Congratulations on finding such a great rifle.

Saigon1965
09-08-2008, 5:22 PM
It's really boring - That's why you need to do the UMP conversion to liven things up.

tsname
09-08-2008, 5:24 PM
Wait, is that... sarcasm?

One of my buddies has a USC and boy is that thing fun to fire and ridiculously accurate.

sorensen440
09-08-2008, 5:32 PM
I feel for you guys I really do
Id be happy to take them off your hands to help ya out if you want :p

TonyM
09-08-2008, 5:41 PM
One of the best parts about the USC to me is, it's both cheap and fast to reload .45ACP. I reload more .45 than anything else these days and a bunch of it goes through the USC.

radd
09-08-2008, 5:41 PM
I feel for you guys I really do
Id be happy to take them off your hands to help ya out if you want :p

I do not recommend passing on this burden to you. I must hold on to it so no else will feel my disappointment.

If you don't believe me then go get one for self and you will see.

Radd

Beetle Bailey
09-08-2008, 5:55 PM
You can try visiting the Angeles Shooting Range since they have steel targets for you to shoot. The steel targets (in a variety of shapes and sizes) are set up at 35, 50, 70, and 100 yards on the "pistol side" of the range. And yes, you can shoot pistol caliber carbines at the pistol targets. If you want a challenge, try hitting the little steel chicken at 100 yards!

BTW, one of my buddies has a USC (he just bought an EOTech for it yesterday) and it is pretty fun to hammer the steel "CoM" target at 50 yards with it. I told him all he needed was a red dot and that's when he told me he just got an EOTech (but didn't have a chance to mount or zero it just yet).

69Mach1
09-08-2008, 6:42 PM
I wish I had your problem. :)

stockplayer
09-08-2008, 8:10 PM
Radd I had the opposite problem. After my third shot with the USC/UMP at 20yards I see no new holes in the paper..........I think my gun is broken ..... anyone want it.

GOSH!..... I hate H&K and their perfect rifles :mad:

Erik

aplinker
09-08-2008, 8:18 PM
I wanted to stay with the sarcasm, but yeah... Angeles is fun...

red-dot and 50yd line 10 swinging targets - all at the same time. :)

When you see how much easier it is and accurate a rifle is to shoot... makes me want to keep the UMP in the dresser drawer :D

radd
09-08-2008, 9:08 PM
Same problem here.

Not a challenge at all, it eats all my reloads w/o a hassle is is too accurate.

Was this an attempt at advertising the Raddlock?? ;)

BTW, Got any extra keys for sale?

I have spent more time designing new products than actually going out and shoot the rifles.

This is the first time I have taken it out to the rifle range in Burro Canyon. I truly very suprised how a 100 yard and 200 yard attempt at shooting coconuts and water melon size target, using a subsonic .45 rounds will be this boring!!! ;)

Radd

Cato
09-08-2008, 9:46 PM
Im sorry to hear La Puente range gave you trouble. I had a membership there a couple years ago and loved the place. Aside from a poor ventilation system, it was a good place to shoot.

Hk996
09-08-2008, 9:59 PM
BTW, one of my buddies has a USC (he just bought an EOTech for it yesterday) and it is pretty fun to hammer the steel "CoM" target at 50 yards with it. I told him all he needed was a red dot and that's when he told me he just got an EOTech (but didn't have a chance to mount or zero it just yet).

Umm... on the way home from Angeles, I stopped by walmart for some batteries and went to insight before I went home to sight in! I think I'm okay now... probably have to "fine" tune it since I was kinda tired after shooting at angeles all day! haha... we'll see how it works out in a couple weeks at angles..

btw... thanks Radd for your raddlock, it has given me enthusiasm to buy guns again!!

aplinker
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
You can try visiting the Angeles Shooting Range since they have steel targets for you to shoot. The steel targets (in a variety of shapes and sizes) are set up at 35, 50, 70, and 100 yards on the "pistol side" of the range. And yes, you can shoot pistol caliber carbines at the pistol targets. If you want a challenge, try hitting the little steel chicken at 100 yards!

The EOTech is going to force you into a bit of a chin weld, due to its high center. That's what I started with.

I've been toying with what's best... I'd really like it cowitnessed, but I'm not sure even a low-mounted T1 Aimpoint will on the HDPS rail. :(