PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Purchasing an AR-15 wondering if the price is right..

sytfu_RR
09-07-2008, 11:52 PM
First off, I'd like to say I'm new here and was thinking about purchasing an AR-15. I found a deal through a local buyer heres the specs:

AR-15 Complete lower STAG.

*STAG OLL
*STAG LPK
*RRA 6 position adjustable stock
*30/10 Brownell's mag
*Prince 50 mag lock

for $500. I've seen some sell complete used AR's for 800-900 is it worth it to buy this and purchase my own upper? Thanks again, as I'm unfamiliar with AR's.

sorensen440
09-07-2008, 11:54 PM
lower 150
lpk 60
stock 60
mag 20?
prince 50 20

total if you bought parts new - 310

not such a good deal if you ask me

technique
09-07-2008, 11:57 PM
All that can be had for cheaper.

domokun
09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
All that can be had for cheaper.

Buy used? :cool:

Mississippi
09-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Yea that to much money. You can get a complete lower with magpul stock and grip for 350 plus fees.

gsxr600booya
09-08-2008, 2:27 AM
i just got a stag lower,bullet button,2 10 rounds,a2 stock,cmmg lower parts kit, for $305, bounce from that deal if you ask me

tenpercentfirearms
09-08-2008, 5:35 AM
Sounds high.

Sorensen's pricing is about what you would get brand new out of my gun shop.

Now it does matter where you are located to a certain degree. If you are in the middle of nowhere and have a dealer that will do a PPT, it might be worth it just to avoid the hassle.

edittman1
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Agreed, I saw that on BARF. I thought it was a rip off.

Mail Clerk
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
First off, I'd like to say I'm new here and was thinking about purchasing an AR-15. I found a deal through a local buyer heres the specs:

AR-15 Complete lower STAG.

*STAG OLL
*STAG LPK
*RRA 6 position adjustable stock
*30/10 Brownell's mag
*Prince 50 mag lock

for $500. I've seen some sell complete used AR's for 800-900 is it worth it to buy this and purchase my own upper? Thanks again, as I'm unfamiliar with AR's.

STYFU,

I just bought a complete lower for slighhtly less than you figure so your in the right ball park. In ten days I buy the upper and go bang at the range but my price will be just about a little higher unless I but a fancy pemeium type.

For the price you quoted you can spend slightly higher and get a new model.

If you pinching pennies then it might be better to get a complete rifle instead of doing the other. I'm doing it because although it costs more it's more of a hobby for me.

The decision is yours.

Mail Clerk

aplinker
09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
$500 would get you an LMT with the very upgraded SOPMOD stock and a 2-stage trigger.

NOT a good deal.

Mississippi
09-08-2008, 5:53 PM
$500 would get you an LMT with the very upgraded SOPMOD stock and a 2-stage trigger.

NOT a good deal.

+1 I AGREE

Any of you guys that paid 500 bucks for the parts that OP listed got ripped off!

socalgunrunner
09-08-2008, 5:59 PM
Sounds high.

Sorensen's pricing is about what you would get brand new out of my gun shop.

Now it does matter where you are located to a certain degree. If you are in the middle of nowhere and have a dealer that will do a PPT, it might be worth it just to avoid the hassle.

Speaking of "the middle of nowhere", how is Taft these days?

Just kidding. Thanks for the M&P15 I picked up from you a few months ago. It was a sweet deal with the $100 rebate.

Ding126
09-08-2008, 6:06 PM
Stag Lower complete w/ M4 6 pos. stock = 275-295.00

sorensen440
09-08-2008, 6:07 PM
STYFU,

I just bought a complete lower for slighhtly less than you figure so your in the right ball park. In ten days I buy the upper and go bang at the range but my price will be just about a little higher unless I but a fancy pemeium type.

For the price you quoted you can spend slightly higher and get a new model.

If you pinching pennies then it might be better to get a complete rifle instead of doing the other. I'm doing it because although it costs more it's more of a hobby for me.

The decision is yours.

Mail Clerk

Me thinks you were either ripped off or went with higher quality parts then the op's list

aplinker
09-08-2008, 8:55 PM
If you bought each piece (stock, lower, PG, LPK) from different sources, slightly upgraded parts, included DROS, tax and shipping in the total, you could get up to $500 pretty easily.

Single-sourced with good prices? I can't see it breaking $150 + 65 + 80 + 25(dros) = $320.

Me thinks you were either ripped off or went with higher quality parts then the op's list

sytfu_RR
09-08-2008, 8:58 PM
thanks for the input guys, its greatly appreciated.

Mail Clerk
09-08-2008, 9:02 PM

sorensen,

Perhaps I did get ripped off in some way. Business is business what can a guy do. I'm just getting back into this fun cuz I thought all AR's were banned and couldn't get any lower receivers since the DOJ got wise and stopped from getting them sold in CA.

Anyway I went to a well known shop that's advertised on this website so you tell me. What I got was a CMMG lower with all the standard guts already installed with a standard collapseable stock. All ready to mount. All I need is the upper for some fun/cap busting.

Mail Clerk

aplinker
09-08-2008, 9:46 PM
sorensen,

Perhaps I did get ripped off in some way. Business is business what can a guy do. I'm just getting back into this fun cuz I thought all AR's were banned and couldn't get any lower receivers since the DOJ got wise and stopped from getting them sold in CA.

Anyway I went to a well known shop that's advertised on this website so you tell me. What I got was a CMMG lower with all the standard guts already installed with a standard collapseable stock. All ready to mount. All I need is the upper for some fun/cap busting.

Mail Clerk

I'm curious, did you upgrade? Here are "high retail prices"

$180 (lower) + $75 (standard LPK) + $85 (standard buttstock assembly) + $25 (DROS) = $370 + $31.45(tax) = $401.45

If you paid a lot more than that...

Mail Clerk
09-09-2008, 8:13 AM
I'm curious, did you upgrade? Here are "high retail prices"

$180 (lower) + $75 (standard LPK) + $85 (standard buttstock assembly) + $25 (DROS) = $370 + $31.45(tax) = $401.45

If you paid a lot more than that...

uclaplinker,

No I didn't upgrade. You forgot I paid for the "bullet button" with installation which was I think $20 plus another $20 for installation of LPK. Otherwise everything is milatary stock.

Mail Clerk

edittman1
09-09-2008, 5:45 PM

NOT a good deal.

Not to mention, that is damn near one of the best stock setups you can buy!

I just talked my buddy in to buying the standard stock and standard trigger. Granted he got ripped off from CWS's since they were the only one who would ship to CA that had it in stock.

Guntech
09-09-2008, 6:00 PM
RIP OFF, but if you don't want to assemble it yourself, go for it. He is probably charging you for labor and his breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the day he built it.