View Full Version : magtube spring...issues remmy 870

09-07-2008, 7:34 PM
So, I picked up my 300 dollar 870 express, and after shooting about 15 shells of 00 buck thru it, the next 5 would not shoot. I loaded them in and cocked it, nothing. Looked into the bottom of the reciever and there was a shell hanging out in the right spot, but i could push it back. I.e. The mag tube spring was not pushing against the shells. I ended up taking the shells out and then turning it up side/shaking it and magically it worked. Any ideas? Return it?

09-07-2008, 7:40 PM
2nd person I have heard this kind of bad report on 870s from. Last guy had a burr in the chamber. As far as sending it back you have to pay shipping and if they find a problem(what they deem as a problem) they will pay to ship it back, but if not you pay.

09-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Take the magazine apart and see if the spring or something else broke. If you can see that there is a defective replaceable part call Rem. and ask them to send you one. If you are within driving distance and they won't send you a part ask Rem. about taking it to a local authorized warranty service gunsmith.