PDA

View Full Version : Any News On BCM Mid-Length Uppers?

ChrisXD45T
09-07-2008, 5:07 PM
I've got a yahoo mail account so I can't sign up, so can someone with an account on AR15 or M4 tell me if they've heard anything about when we'll being seeing some more 16" mid-length uppers from Bravo Company?
I've been waiting and waiting and I'm getting impatient because I really need to get a 1911 too; and right now it's gotta be one or the other. If it's gonna be months before we see a new batch of uppers I'll just get a 1911 now and put off getting a BCM upper for latter.

aplinker
09-07-2008, 8:48 PM
Global Tactical had them not even 2 weeks ago... a bunch of people here snagged them.

Keep your eyes on there, too. They seem to be showing up with some frequency now.

joe_sun
09-07-2008, 9:31 PM
Got mine from G&R Tactical. He's out right now but if you email him he'll let you know when they come in

civilsnake
09-07-2008, 9:38 PM
Yep, picked one up at GandR last month. The next day it said "sold out". Glad I didn't hesitate.

ChrisXD45T
09-07-2008, 9:41 PM
I don't have a computer with internet at work and now I'm paranoid that someone will have them and be sold out by time I get home to use my computer.

NiteQwill
09-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Yea, those BCM uppers are hard as hell to get a hold of. I've been waiting too. :(

aplinker
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't have a computer with internet at work and now I'm paranoid that someone will have them and be sold out by time I get home to use my computer.

It took about a week for them to sell out.

gungrave
09-10-2008, 9:11 PM
i just ordered the last one yesterday from Global Tactical i called them and asked them if they still have it in stock and they told me they have one more left..so i ordered it right away...

ChrisXD45T
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
i just ordered the last one yesterday from Global Tactical i called them and asked them if they still have it in stock and they told me they have one more left..so i ordered it right away...
*****!!!

;););)
Sorry.

ar15barrels
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
*****!!!

So you waited 2 days and then you are pissed that you missed them? :confused:

ChrisXD45T
09-11-2008, 5:56 PM
So you waited 2 days and then you are pissed that you missed them? :confused:
It's false anger, dude. I'm not enough of a dick to curse someone else's good fortune.
And anyway I didn't wait, I checked everyday (still do) but the website said sold out (still does). He had the tenacity, and the time, to call and they just so happened to have one left; lucky for him I guess.

ChrisXD45T
09-12-2008, 6:09 PM
They are in stock and I have one on the way!!!
I can't wait to hold it. Next pay check is BCG, charging handle, and handguards.
What length do I need for a mid-length upper if I want to get a DD lite rail? Will the 9 inch work if I wanna keep the FSB?

Here's the lower it will sit on.
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/cstracuzzi/DSC00055.jpg

ar15barrels
09-12-2008, 6:11 PM
Will the 9 inch work if I wanna keep the FSB?

Yes.

ChrisXD45T
09-12-2008, 6:55 PM
Great.
Thanks.
Oh, one more thing: Does installing one require removing the barrel?
I ask because I'm not sure I wanna deal with doing that much work, or buying the necessary tools.
I can put a lower together blindfolded, but the upper could be built using magic as far as I know. I don't wanna screw up the headspacing or do something else stupid.

ChrisXD45T
09-12-2008, 7:03 PM
Never mind.
I found an installation guide; I don't think I wanna do that on my own.
For the money I could probably have another complete lower anyway.
Looks like plan-ol' standard handguards are in my future. :(

NiteQwill
09-12-2008, 8:15 PM
Never mind.
I found an installation guide; I don't think I wanna do that on my own.
For the money I could probably have another complete lower anyway.
Looks like plan-ol' standard handguards on in my future. :(

DD omega

ChrisXD45T
09-12-2008, 9:05 PM
That's what I first came to mind. But if it happens it will be much later, and there's no way to know how I'll feel about it by then.
I got a little ahead of myself trying to gather information, because honestly, cost the the prohibiting factor here. The more I look at it, the more I think that if I tried I could install a lite rail. The question is now: Am I willing to spend that much on something that will just compel me to buy more expensive crap to put on it.

ar15barrels
09-12-2008, 10:07 PM
That's what I first came to mind. But if it happens it will be much later, and there's no way to know how I'll feel about it by then.
I got a little ahead of myself trying to gather information, because honestly, cost the the prohibiting factor here. The more I look at it, the more I think that if I tried I could install a lite rail. The question is now: Am I willing to spend that much on something that will just compel me to buy more expensive crap to put on it.

It costs far less to pay someone like me or m24armorer to do the installation for you than for you to buy the tools necessary to do the job right.
For example, I get $40 to tear down and completely rebuild an upper.
This covers handguard installation and I also go through it to make sure everything is up to par.
All assembly related issues are cured during the rebuild.

gungrave
09-12-2008, 10:25 PM
grats you got one too :D hehehe

ChrisXD45T
09-12-2008, 10:43 PM
It costs far less to pay someone like me or m24armorer to do the installation for you than for you to buy the tools necessary to do the job right.
For example, I get $40 to tear down and completely rebuild an upper.
This covers handguard installation and I also go through it to make sure everything is up to par.
All assembly related issues are cured during the rebuild.
The tools I'm fine with, it's the $300+ rail that I'm hesitant about.
And, I just keep getting tempted with other gun projects. Plus I'm just starting to reload and I'm buying powder and projectiles and all the little reloading accouterments I can find.