PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR CASV + Magpul CTR/LMT SOPMOD

Zervaman
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm looking to build an AR with a VLTOR CASV. Just wondering if anyone here has any input on the system. Also looking at the Magpul CTR stock or an LMT SOPMOD. Any suggestions?

technique
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
VLTOR CASV is a great rail system very modular. both Magpul CTR stock or an LMT SOPMOD are a great choice. Try to support any of our Calguns vendors. Found in the Vendor section or at the tops of these pages.

WELCOME TO CALGUNS!

Heavy_Grinder
09-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I've got one (CASV EL)....and I love it. Get one from Shark over at Riflegear.com.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Arch_Royal/DSC00362.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Arch_Royal/DSC00363.jpg

Zervaman
09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Sweet looking rifle, Grinder!

aplinker
09-07-2008, 2:40 AM
I have issues with the CASV system... normal optics mounts and standard optics (EOTech, Aimpoint, etc) can't be used as they would due to the increased height from the top rail.

It's something to think about if you're considering the rail. I think it's a great choice as a quick attachment rail that can be done without breaking down the upper, but a dedicated rail might be a better choice.

Just food for thought...

You're going to have a lot of people say +1 CTR... mostly due to cost difference. Hands down there isn't a collapsible stock with a better cheek weld than the SOPMOD, including the UBR. The SOPMOD is more stable than the CTR, as well. However, it is about double the price. The CTR is a bit lighter, as well. CTR outsells SOPMOD probably 10:1, primarily because it's a good, solid stock at a nice price point.

DedEye
09-07-2008, 2:56 AM
You're going to have a lot of people say +1 CTR... mostly due to cost difference. Hands down there isn't a collapsible stock with a better cheek weld than the SOPMOD, including the UBR. The SOPMOD is more stable than the CTR, as well. However, it is about double the price. The CTR is a bit lighter, as well. CTR outsells SOPMOD probably 10:1, primarily because it's a good, solid stock at a nice price point.

Agreed on all counts. I own a CTR, but have used the SOPMOD quite a bit. I like my CTR and think it's a great stock, but I'd rather have a SOPMOD if money weren't a question.

Mr. Joshua
09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
I had a CASV-EL on one of my first builds, it's a nice rail. My only complaint was that you can only co-witness with an Aimpoint. I'm an Eotech guy.

The CTR's are great bang for the buck value. But I prefer the SOPMOD. Sooo much more comfy to shoot with.