PDA

View Full Version : My mossberg broke!

The Cable Guy
09-06-2008, 5:08 PM
So I picked up a mossberg 500 combo deal from Big 5 about a month ago.

Took it to an indoor range and put 40 rds of slugs through it, no problem.

I go to BCSP today, put about 250 target loads, about 60 00buck, and 25 slugs through it.

The during last remaining rounds, the pin for the forend fell out, both of them. The forend grip was loose from the rods. It was impossible to find them through the mix of casings, shells, dirt and rocks so we gave up. Turns out the synthetic forend cracked, allowing the rods to come loose.

I remember another member lost one, but I lost both, and the forend is cracked. Is there a replacement part that uses the lug system rather than the one-piece forend deal? More importantly, would it fit snugly over my mag tube?

The Cable Guy
09-06-2008, 5:25 PM
Might be under warranty dunno?

Should be, barely a month old. But I'd rather not get a replacement part that will just do the same thing. I'd like to get either a hogue overmold forend, or a standard 500/590 ribbed forend. I just don't know where I would be able to get the forend lugs, or even if they would fit on the rods I have now.

Jeffy
09-06-2008, 5:44 PM
Seems to have happened to another a few days ago.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=117578

ar15barrels
09-06-2008, 6:28 PM
Wait, let me get this right...
A cheap gun broke from normal use.

Lesson learned: buy a better gun.

I can't believe Mossberg went so cheap as to just pin the action bars into a plastic forend.
A proper metal forend is a better way to go.

stphnman20
09-06-2008, 6:32 PM
Wait, let me get this right...
A cheap gun broke from normal use.

Lesson learned: buy a better gun.

Yeah +1 on that... Thats why I went the 870 route!

12gauge12
09-06-2008, 6:38 PM
good luck with mossberg customer service. I sent my new 4x4 in last month, its been almost 4 weeks, and they say they havent touched it yet.

p.s. should have gone with a 870 :D I love mine.