PDA

View Full Version : White Oak Armament

Young Version
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm looking for input from people who have ordered from them. I e-mailed them an order (20" Varmint Upper, LPK, and their tuned RRA NM trigger) a little more than a week ago and have gotten no response. I definitely don't want to give up on them considering they offer what looks to be the best product for the best price.

I'm tempted to call about the order, but if they usually take a couple weeks to respond to e-mails I won't worry about it.

Lastly...does anyone know about the wait after the order is placed? I'm hoping for something a little less than the 6 month RRA wait :eek:

Paratus et Vigilans
09-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm looking for input from people who have ordered from them. I e-mailed them an order (20" Varmint Upper, LPK, and their tuned RRA NM trigger) a little more than a week ago and have gotten no response. I definitely don't want to give up on them considering they offer what looks to be the best product for the best price.

I'm tempted to call about the order, but if they usually take a couple weeks to respond to e-mails I won't worry about it.

Lastly...does anyone know about the wait after the order is placed? I'm hoping for something a little less than the 6 month RRA wait :eek:

If you're concerned, give John a call. They may have gone on vacation for Labor Day. I ordered my WOA service rifle upper by phone, so I don't know what the turn around time is for e-mail orders, but they're good folks, give 'em a call and put your mind at ease. :)

Young Version
09-06-2008, 11:07 AM
If you're concerned, give John a call. They may have gone on vacation for Labor Day. I ordered my WOA service rifle upper by phone, so I don't know what the turn around time is for e-mail orders, but they're good folks, give 'em a call and put your mind at ease. :)

My only concern would be that they don't really get a lot of e-mail orders and therefore don't check it often. I've heard nothing but good things about John and WOA in general.

I'll probably give them a call Monday :)

snafu510
09-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I sent an order to them in the mail. I got my upper about 6 weeks later. They didn't send a confirmation but they did cash my check. The only e-mail I got was a shipping notice from UPS. If they have billed your account then I'm sure they are working on it. If not I'd call them.

Young Version
09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I sent an order to them in the mail. I got my upper about 6 weeks later. They didn't send a confirmation but they did cash my check. The only e-mail I got was a shipping notice from UPS. If they have billed your account then I'm sure they are working on it. If not I'd call them.

6 weeks isn't bad at all...I'll check it out.

eaglemike
09-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I ended up waiting about 3 or 4 months for my stuff. They were very busy at the time. Quality seems very good.

all the best,

Mike

-hanko
09-06-2008, 2:44 PM

IF they charged your plastic, I'd sure hope that they shipped your stuff;)

If no charge yet, I'd call Monday & ask politely the expected ship date.

hth

-hanko

ocabj
09-06-2008, 3:08 PM
Just call them. They most likely got your order, but they usually don't send any sort of email response for email orders.

Plus, you should call them with your credit card information (assuming you are paying with a CC), since emailing CC info is the worst thing to do.

The second WOA upper I bought (http://www.ocabj.net/gallery2/v/shooting/firearms/service_rifle_hp_ar15/woa_sr_upper-2/) I got as a backup (and replacement) for my current one when the barrel goes bad and I have to rebarrel for a mid-range/long-range SR gun. That one I bought in April and it was about 6 weeks turn around.

I'm sure WOA's business is probably slowing down somewhat since Nationals are over with and the season will begin winding down. So maybe the turn around will be less for an order at this time. Or on the other side of the coin, they're business could be a bit busier since everyone might be ordering new barrels, getting rebarrel work, etc., during the offseason.

Either way, the wait is worth it. WOA is a top quality product and you're getting it from a true shooter, not some big name company that isn't in touch with the individual shooter's needs.

Addax
09-06-2008, 3:50 PM
I spoke to John (owner) last night.

I order Barrels and Bolt Carrier Assemblies every month from White Oak.

They are a great company to deal with.

Sometimes they are not in the office since they might be at a shooting event, but just call and ask for Paul or John and they will take good care of you.

Btw, I ran into the same issue with emailing them an order before. I believe it was their email filter or something.

Hope this helps,

Chris

TonyM
09-06-2008, 4:18 PM
I hope you guys aren't really sending credit card information via email. :TFH:

W.O.A. is good stuff, I plan to make an order with them shorty, and I expect a little bit of a wait.

Addax
09-06-2008, 5:18 PM
W.O.A. is good stuff, I plan to make an order with them shorty, and I expect a little bit of a wait.

I have ordered some special configuration barrels from WOA and I normally wait about 4-6 weeks, which is not bad at all.

Young Version
09-06-2008, 5:26 PM
I have ordered some special configuration barrels from WOA and I normally wait about 4-6 weeks, which is not bad at all.

I figure a standard varmint upper should take less time than a custom upper, but in any case, 4-6 weeks is not a problem at all.

3 months would be unfortunate.

Young Version
09-08-2008, 1:21 PM
Just called...I'm not sure who I spoke to, but he was a really nice guy. Told me their e-mail was down, so I placed the order over the phone. He said it should ship out tomorrow :)