PDA

View Full Version : Firing Line - So Cal

Aldemar
09-05-2008, 8:42 AM
Does anyone know if shotguns are allowed? Their online rules mention no centirefire rifles but nothing on shotguns. I believe the Target Range in Van Nuys allows them with their ammo though.

Al

Cardinal Sin
09-05-2008, 9:03 AM
No Shotguns at the Burbank range. Don't think the other two ranges allow it either.

Aldemar
09-05-2008, 9:30 AM
Thanks, I thought not, but I have occasionally seen expended shotgun shells on the floor at the Northridge location.

Maybe it's just the staff playing during a slow time.

CHS
09-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I know the HB location at least used to. You had to buy their rounds though. Not sure if they still allow shotguns though.

Just give them a call :)

nick
09-05-2008, 10:20 AM
LAX Firing Range allows shotguns and some centerfires, if you use their ammunition for those.

That being said, PLEASE, don't bring your shotgun there! My ears ring from guys bringing handcannons as it is.

Greg-Dawg
09-05-2008, 3:19 PM
Blast it at Angeles.

stphnman20
09-05-2008, 3:25 PM
Blast it at Angeles.

Or at A Place to Shoot..

Paratus et Vigilans
09-05-2008, 3:34 PM
Shotguns are welcomed at Iron Sights in Oceanside, too.

Glock_XXI
09-05-2008, 8:44 PM
I know the HB location at least used to. You had to buy their rounds though. Not sure if they still allow shotguns though.

Just give them a call :)

That is a big Negative, there RedRyder no SG or non 22lr rifles inside HBFL.

Moonclip
09-06-2008, 1:25 AM
Not even a pistol caliber carbine at HBFL such as 9x19 or .40? No wonder I stay away from there. I could have sworn they were ok there.

Sharpshooters in Torrance allows shotguns with birdshot and slugs but no pistol grip only versions and pistol caliber carbines ok as well. Place is ghetto though and some staff is known for having attitude problems.

slowfire
09-06-2008, 7:09 AM
no SG or non 22lr rifles inside HBFL.

Not even a pistol caliber carbine at HBFL such as 9x19 or .40? No wonder I stay away from there. I could have sworn they were ok there.

I was there last Thursday shooting a .40 cal Ruger carbine. They don't allow .44 mag or larger out of a carbine. I've seen .38s out of a lever action also being shot there. But you are right about no shotguns.

CHS
09-06-2008, 10:12 AM
That is a big Negative, there RedRyder no SG or non 22lr rifles inside HBFL.

Yeah, you're wrong there. I'm a member at the HB firing line. They allow pistol caliber rifles, and even have a rental Ruger PC40 available.

Kruzr
09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, you're wrong there. I'm a member at the HB firing line. They allow pistol caliber rifles, and even have a rental Ruger PC40 available.

(It's a PC9) :)

After the backstops were changed to the Caswell rubber type, it was found that birdshot would bounce off the rubber and come back to the firing line. For a week, slugs and buckshot was allowed. The damage to the brows and the target hangers led to the "no shotguns rule."

Any non-magnum centerfire pistol caliber carbines may be shot at TFL.