PDA

View Full Version : Choosing mag tube ext. for Norinco 98

asintado
09-04-2008, 2:12 PM
Hi guys I just want to get your opinions on which mag extension you'd go for for a Norinco 98. Here are my choices:

1. Scattergun technologies +1 mag tube extension - all metal contrsuction, comes with Hi Viz follower, heavy duty spring, and built in sling loop. $45 + shipping

2. MAX100 (calgun member) +2 mag tube extension - all metal construction, comes with Hi Viz follower, heavy duty spring, and allen screws to replace the flathead screws on the ghostring sights. $65 shipped

3. Retrofit one out of a plastic ATI mag tube extension. Cut one down and cap it off using some epoxy and some things from a hardware store. I'd have to supply my own heavy duty spring. My estimate is about $40 to retrofit one.

Thanks guys.

vinny_land
09-04-2008, 5:12 PM
Im not sure whether or not mag tube ext. for the 870 will fit on a 98/982/981. I think MAX100 said that tubes made for a 870 wont fit on a Norinco unless you add a spacer. Try pm'ing MAX100 to figure things out.

MAX100
09-04-2008, 7:15 PM
The 870 extensions will will fit the Norinco 870 style shotguns but they are to long or short.

If you want to modify one you can probably cut it and epoxy a pipe cap on it but will probably look homemade. They make pipe caps with different IDs. Do a Google search. If you know how to weld or have some experience in metal fad there are other options. It will have to be refinished what ever you do to it.

It is really not worth it. After shipping cost you will only save maybe $15. Then you will have a $50 tube extension that will probably look homemade and maybe not reliable.

If you decide to take the project on and have any questions give me an email.

GC

asintado
09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Is there anyone on the forums who has MAX100's mag tube extension?

MAX100
09-07-2008, 9:26 AM
I did custom tube extension for one of King Armory's demo shotguns. They needed a custom length not offered by any other Manufacture.

Here is what KingJoey of King Armory said about it.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=389431&highlight=870+tube+extension

GC

randy
09-07-2008, 10:29 AM
www.davesmetalworks.com will make one to fit your length.