PDA

View Full Version : gun store suggestions in san diego, ca

Pilot
09-04-2008, 1:39 PM
so basiclly, if anyone lives here i would appreciate it if you could post where you go or if you know of a good shop. i know i can just google it or use yellowpages.com or some other method, but ive been screwed over before when trying to buy something else in the same way. actual opinions and experience from real people is a lot more helpful anyways.

i know of the turners gun stores but they dont carry nor will they order a saiga, which is the rifle i think i want.

thanks.

360PA
09-04-2008, 2:08 PM
Royal Loan in North Park works with DD's Ranch and will transfer Saigas and other OLL AR's and AK's. They are you best bet for this sort of thing. Other gunshops will overcharge you for interstate transfers and collect tax from you. There is Discount Gun World on Morena Blvd, American Shooters in Kearny Mesa, Southern California Gun on Convoy, California Police Equipment on El Cajon Blvd. For LEO's there is Triple E, for handguns, on Twain Ave near Mission Gorge.

I have done transactions at all of these shops, and would highly recommend Royal Pawn.

Jorge
09-04-2008, 2:55 PM
Royal Loan in North Park works with DD's Ranch and will transfer Saigas and other OLL AR's and AK's. They are you best bet for this sort of thing. Other gunshops will overcharge you for interstate transfers and collect tax from you. There is Discount Gun World on Morena Blvd, American Shooters in Kearny Mesa, Southern California Gun on Convoy, California Police Equipment on El Cajon Blvd. For LEO's there is Triple E, for handguns, on Twain Ave near Mission Gorge.

I have done transactions at all of these shops, and would highly recommend Royal Pawn.

Royal Loan must have changed their policies then. Last time they told me they would not do transfers on Saiga rifles at all. They did transfer 2 OLL RRA recievers from Cold War Shooters for me though.

GenLee
09-04-2008, 2:58 PM
Royal Loan must have changed their policies then. Last time they told me they would not do transfers on Saiga rifles at all. They did transfer 2 OLL RRA recievers from Cold War Shooters for me though.

Thats what I thought? I too have transfered OLL's but was told no on Saiga's.

PM Sent to OP

FlyingPen
09-04-2008, 3:00 PM
Not many good shops in SD unfortunately. Gun shows and Calguns were my main source of guns while I lived there.

Pilot
09-04-2008, 3:00 PM

thank you very much

Pilot
09-04-2008, 3:08 PM
Not many good shops in SD unfortunately. Gun shows and Calguns were my main source of guns while I lived there.yeah im new to guns and have no idea where to go. thats why im on here ^^

dominic
09-04-2008, 5:15 PM
Its a bit of a drive, but THe Gun Shop in El Centro was real good, its very small but good service. I used them to ship my guns from Alaska to here.
They are at:
510 Broadway St
El Centro, ca 92243-2418
Phone: (760) 353-7777

Pilot
09-04-2008, 5:17 PM
Its a bit of a drive, but THe Gun Shop in El Centro was real good, its very small but good service. I used them to ship my guns from Alaska to here.
They are at:
510 Broadway St
El Centro, ca 92243-2418
Phone: (760) 353-7777thanks

dominic
09-04-2008, 5:30 PM
No Problem, Has anyone dealt with Hirams in El Cajon? Their yellow page add caught my eye, it said "Hirams Liqour and Guns". I thought it was some kind of Joke at first. Needless to say I did'nt use them.

devildog999
09-04-2008, 5:43 PM
I can't remember the name or exact address as it's been a couple years since I got out of the Marine Corps therefor don't live there anymore, but there is a shop off Mission Avenue in Oceanside. It's on the other side of the street from the Movie Theater away from the ocean. Don't know if you'll have much luck but it's worth a shot ;)

vlsgmc
09-04-2008, 7:10 PM
I don't know if Gussler's in Santee will order guns, don't see why they wouldn't. If not, I know they do transfers from Cold War Shooters.

Gussler's (619) 258-2543

Pilot
09-04-2008, 7:26 PM
No Problem, Has anyone dealt with Hirams in El Cajon? Their yellow page add caught my eye, it said "Hirams Liqour and Guns". I thought it was some kind of Joke at first. Needless to say I did'nt use them.
well i wouldnt ever wanna buy a gun from a store with "liqour and" in the name >.> maybe "guns and tackle" or something :p

Pilot
09-04-2008, 7:27 PM
I don't know if Gussler's in Santee will order guns, don't see why they wouldn't. If not, I know they do transfers from Cold War Shooters.

Gussler's (619) 258-2543
thank you, also what is cold war shooters? an out of state store?

Pilot
09-04-2008, 7:29 PM
I can't remember the name or exact address as it's been a couple years since I got out of the Marine Corps therefor don't live there anymore, but there is a shop off Mission Avenue in Oceanside. It's on the other side of the street from the Movie Theater away from the ocean. Don't know if you'll have much luck but it's worth a shot ;)
thank you

SDgarrick
09-04-2008, 8:57 PM
PM sent to OP

vlsgmc
09-04-2008, 9:03 PM
Cold War Shooters main store is out of state but they now have one in Highland California. They are the primary evil gun seller at the San Diego gun show and the last two I have been to Gussler's was right next to them, working with them on transfers to San Diego. I've purchased four lowers (two AR and two AK) from Cold War and picked them up at Gussler's.

Check out www.coldwarshooters.net

Also, you can scrole down to the vendor area of this board and check out the posts.

09-04-2008, 9:05 PM
Sean at National Police Supply is a great FFL to deal with. Very knowledgable on CA gun laws and OLL friendly.

http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/index.php

slvrbulit12
09-04-2008, 9:38 PM
Gussler's in Santee is the way to go. This is not a store front gun shop, he is what is known as a kitchen table FFL and is by appointment only. He is the cheapest I have found for transfers, and will work with us with transfers that most local gun shops will not. He works at most Del Mar gun shows processing transfers for us san diego locals, and he has done all of my out of state transfers. Find a good deal locally or out of state, and give him a call and he will let you know how the process works.

Pilot
09-05-2008, 1:46 PM
Cold War Shooters main store is out of state but they now have one in Highland California. They are the primary evil gun seller at the San Diego gun show and the last two I have been to Gussler's was right next to them, working with them on transfers to San Diego. I've purchased four lowers (two AR and two AK) from Cold War and picked them up at Gussler's.

Check out www.coldwarshooters.net

Also, you can scrole down to the vendor area of this board and check out the posts.
awesome, thanks

Pilot
09-05-2008, 1:46 PM
Sean at National Police Supply is a great FFL to deal with. Very knowledgable on CA gun laws and OLL friendly.

http://www.nationalpolicesupply.com/index.php

thank you as well

mievil
09-13-2008, 9:47 PM
Discount Gun actually has AR uppers and lowers in stock that you can take a peak at. Not many, but it's more than the other shops in SD have.

I did all my transfers at Gussler's. Great service and he helped me out a ton. Though he doesn't talk much. But I paid for the transfer, not the talking. :D

RobT2K
09-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I did all my transfers at Gussler's. Great service and he helped me out a ton. Though he doesn't talk much. But I paid for the transfer, not the talking. :D

Really? I usually get done with whatever transfer I'm doing at his house, and then end up shooting the breeze w/him or his wife for another 30 mins. I'm glad he is close to me, because I would drive anywhere in the county for his great service and low transfer fees.

As for "Nicks liquor/Hirams guns" it is weird that they are listed together, must be an attempt at clever marketing. They are next to each other in the same building, but from what I've seen they are 2 separate business'
The only thing I got from them was some of the last south african .308 I had seen around here, for the old cheap price of $30/a battle pack. They don't have a huge selection to look at. If that is your area, you could look/fondle more guns at El Cajon Gun exchange, but I wouldn't buy there due to poor customer service and high prices.
Bottom line:
Find a good deal online and ship through gusslers.

Crazed_SS
09-14-2008, 7:33 AM
I like Turners in Kearny Mesa for their sales prices.

Discount Gun Mart on El Cajon Blvd has good everday prices.