PDA

View Full Version : whats the rules at Angeles for shotgun ranges

Justin562
09-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I never done the shotgun clay ranges at Angeles. I hear you have get a friend or sombody to operating the clay thrower,is that correct? Can you
bring your own clays bought from else where.
will they let you use Federal multi-purpose loads? if not ,What is the cheapest Ammo I can buy to use there? Thanks.

Greg-Dawg
09-03-2008, 10:59 AM
What does their website say?

Justin562
09-03-2008, 11:11 AM
My computer is having issues viewing the rules and coupon icons on there site due to
recent virus attacks. I saw that they Only use Biodegradible Clay so thats answered.
Can I use Lead shot?

bullywagon
09-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Lead shot only NO STEEL (fire hazard) I believe they have automatic throwers as well... The Clays they sell are Biodegradable but you should be able to use what ever you brought.

CHS
09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Go to triple-B's instead and play a real game of trap :)

saki302
09-17-2008, 1:55 PM
I played with the throwers at Angeles years ago. I think there was a release button you could hit with your knee.

It's fine to test your defense guns, but gets old quick if you have a nice trap gun. And with the old throwers, you have to manually reset each time- good way to work out the biceps :D

Got kind of old quickly- even with a short M1 super 90, it wasn't much of a challenge. Their old thrower wouldn't do doubles either (shatter them both on launch).

-Dave

Greg-Dawg
09-17-2008, 2:21 PM
I played with the throwers at Angeles years ago. I think there was a release button you could hit with your knee.

It's fine to test your defense guns, but gets old quick if you have a nice trap gun. And with the old throwers, you have to manually reset each time- good way to work out the biceps :D
-Dave

Self loading and hit it with your foot, like a bass drum pedal.

eric1972
09-17-2008, 10:17 PM
It's pretty fun. Just for fun, I took my Benelli M4 out with 7.5 birdshot and did okay at the shorter ranges of the clays. You basically purchase a number of clays ahead of time -- it's like 10 cents a clay and you get this computer card (like arcade credits at Dave N Busters) that you insert at the machine, which are pre-loaded with like hundreds of clays all stacked up in a rotating receptable. And yes, it's actuated with your foot by pressing down on the "drum pedal". You control when you want it launched.

I want a real clay shotgun now. It's kind of addictive. There are two stations -- three throwers to the far left of the rifle range, and a couple throwers at the far right of the pistol range.

Justin562
09-18-2008, 9:24 AM
Thank you everyone for being so very helpful:cool: I'm going to check it out
monday