PDA

View Full Version : Range trip yesterday with AR and Barska

AdamM
09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
So i went to the range yesterday and of course, my AR came along. I have a Barska Electro Sight on it and before i bought it i was told by alot of people it was definitely not the best choice (which i completely agree with) and i probably shouldnt get it. Well i just use it as a plinker and dont expect wonderful groups or anything so i figured id give it a shot, and to my amazment this is what i got yesterday at 100 yds, 57 rounds and 1x magnifcation:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/dagowpman/100_1400.jpg

NuGunner
09-01-2008, 11:47 AM
oh man you just made my day. I have the exact same sight. Did you sight it in, or was this out of the box?

AdamM
09-01-2008, 12:11 PM
oh man you just made my day. I have the exact same sight. Did you sight it in, or was this out of the box?

I had to sight it in. this isnt the first time ive shot it, but this is the first time ive really tried to shoot as accurate as possible. Here's my gun :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/dagowpman/100_1398.jpg

Frijolito1988
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
nice, how much does that sight cost if you dont mind me asking

X-NewYawker
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Great group and WICKED looking AR.

AdamM
09-01-2008, 12:13 PM

i paid $110 shipped from cabelas i think

AdamM
09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Great group and WICKED looking AR.

technique
09-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Not bad! That sight wont cause you any problems when going out for range trips. The problems will only arise when you throw it on the ground and bang it around, then it may not be built to hold zero. Those sights and most others are built well enough for range duty.

Congrats, thats a nice group and a good looking rifle.

NuGunner
09-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I had to sight it in. this isnt the first time ive shot it, but this is the first time ive really tried to shoot as accurate as possible. Here's my gun :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/dagowpman/100_1398.jpg

wow !
here's mine
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/luckybob000/argear.jpg

NuGunner
09-01-2008, 12:42 PM

That's the same one I was telling you about:)

AdamM
09-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Thats a good looking gun! Is that the UTG carbine length rail? if so thats the same one ive got on mine

NuGunner
09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Thats a good looking gun! Is that the UTG carbine length rail? if so thats the same one ive got on mine

"Did we just become best friends!!!!" lol yea it is.

AdamM
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM

haha, i think we may have. what range do you usually go to?

Okami
09-01-2008, 1:51 PM
Nice looking carbine!:chris:

AdamM
09-01-2008, 9:36 PM
Thanks

IceMan711
09-01-2008, 9:43 PM
Get a room.

:D

OptionX3
09-01-2008, 9:50 PM
Wow, you got some skills with 1x scope. Imagine what you can do with ACOG 4X or decent 10x scope. More details on what you were using? Ammo, AR-specs, triggers etc. Oh, and stop flirting. heh

09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice shooting Adam.

rtlltj
09-01-2008, 10:07 PM
anyone got pictures of what the reticles on those barskas look like?

palakaboy
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/poison_arrow_frog/still%20life/DSC_2182.jpg

i think all three of us just did..

*me, minus the barska!

Frijolito1988
09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
That's the same one I was telling you about:)

awsome looks slick and i like the price tag! lol

so this is a red dot that can also magnify ?

NuGunner
09-01-2008, 10:50 PM
haha, i think we may have. what range do you usually go to?

Usually go to burro. Or if I'm desperate, LAX in inglewood. Were you shooting this in the prone? Standing?

That's a good question

AdamM
09-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow, you got some skills with 1x scope. Imagine what you can do with ACOG 4X or decent 10x scope. More details on what you were using? Ammo, AR-specs, triggers etc. Oh, and stop flirting. heh

haha, thanks. its a doublestar stripped lower, standard DPMS lpk trigger, armalite upper with heavy 16" barrel (1:9 twist) ammo was hornady v-max 55gr.

AdamM
09-01-2008, 11:02 PM
anyone got pictures of what the reticles on those barskas look like?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/dagowpman/reticle_16_ts.gif

AdamM
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm279/poison_arrow_frog/still%20life/DSC_2182.jpg

*me, minus the barska!

wow, thats a great looking gun, is it just the angle or do you not have a FH on there?

AdamM
09-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Usually go to burro. Or if I'm desperate, LAX in inglewood. Were you shooting this in the prone? Standing?

Sitting at a bench, the gun was resting on one of the blocks with a rag between the barrel and the plastic

AdamM
09-01-2008, 11:23 PM

No its strictly 1x

shellyzsweet
09-01-2008, 11:33 PM

*me, minus the barska!

how in the way are your iron sights??? I am saving up for my AR build and am thinking of an EO tech with flip sights and tritium inserts, but IDK something about folding sights seems like just another thing to break on a gun, but I do want sights cause an EO tech as any optic device is in my mind like a safety, "a mechanical device that can and will fail.....at some point"

shellyzsweet
09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
No its strictly 1x

you did THAT with 1x?! thats pretty friggen sweet!! standing, sitting, or prone?? -I love not knowing exactly where the rounds hit cause they go through the paper and I can't tell cause its all shot out.

AdamM
09-01-2008, 11:46 PM
you did THAT with 1x?! thats pretty friggen sweet!! standing, sitting, or prone?? -I love not knowing exactly where the rounds hit cause they go through the paper and I can't tell cause its all shot out.

haha yea i did. i even kinda surprised myself with that one. i sat at the bench. had the barrel resting on one of those plastic blocks that they have on the tables with a rag between the gun and the plastic

Clodbuster
09-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Before Trijicon replicas came out for Airsoft, folks used to mount real Trijicons on their guns and skirmish with them. From what I have observed, real Trijicons do not like to be thrown / dropped on the ground (esp. against a boulder or concrete) any more than toy ones...

Clod

Not bad! That sight wont cause you any problems when going out for range trips. The problems will only arise when you throw it on the ground and bang it around, then it may not be built to hold zero. Those sights and most others are built well enough for range duty.

Congrats, thats a nice group and a good looking rifle.

Mississippi
09-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Before Trijicon replicas came out for Airsoft, folks used to mount real Trijicons on their guns and skirmish with them. From what I have observed, real Trijicons do not like to be thrown / dropped on the ground (esp. against a boulder or concrete) any more than toy ones...

Clod

He didnt say they liked being hit and dropped. He said they will hold zero when they are hit or such. Trust me they hold zero when cheap will not.

The military bangs all their sights up. It's a training and war thing.

AdamM
09-02-2008, 8:26 PM
haha yea, the speakers in my car threw the elevation off a little bit on the way to the range

Pilot
09-02-2008, 8:31 PM
So i went to the range yesterday and of course, my AR came along. I have a Barska Electro Sight on it and before i bought it i was told by alot of people it was definitely not the best choice (which i completely agree with) and i probably shouldnt get it. Well i just use it as a plinker and dont expect wonderful groups or anything so i figured id give it a shot, and to my amazment this is what i got yesterday at 100 yds, 57 rounds and 1x magnifcation:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/dagowpman/100_1400.jpgHAX

shellyzsweet
09-02-2008, 9:03 PM
how in the way are your iron sights??? I am saving up for my AR build and am thinking of an EO tech with flip sights and tritium inserts, but IDK something about folding sights seems like just another thing to break on a gun, but I do want sights cause an EO tech as any optic device is in my mind like a safety, "a mechanical device that can and will fail.....at some point"

btt....report on the eo tech and iron sights??

AdamM
09-02-2008, 9:44 PM

I feel the same way about the flip up BUIS :/ but i think if i had ones that werent flip up the rear one would be in the way. idk, im still deciding

shellyzsweet
09-02-2008, 9:50 PM
I feel the same way about the flip up BUIS :/ but i think if i had ones that werent flip up the rear one would be in the way. idk, im still deciding

Its the front fold up sight that concerns me. The back ones seem pretty sturdy to me, but the front doesn't seem to look right being thick like a back one...idk, I guess my answer will be build a stock one, then one with flip sights and an eo tech then one with a trijicon acog, then I'll be ready to build something else

Infidel
09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
nice work

AdamM
09-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Its the front fold up sight that concerns me. The back ones seem pretty sturdy to me, but the front doesn't seem to look right being thick like a back one...idk, I guess my answer will be build a stock one, then one with flip sights and an eo tech then one with a trijicon acog, then I'll be ready to build something else

Ooooh okay. yea i have the A2 front sight post on my gun and its just fine. its not co-witnessed or anything but it doesnt get in the way when im shooting

AdamM
09-03-2008, 12:01 AM
nice work

gracias

AdamM
09-03-2008, 1:49 PM
Range report on that eotech with iron sights yet?

palakaboy
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
btt....report on the eo tech and iron sights??

they are very much in the way. i'm currently saving up for a rear flip up sight. the flatter when folded the better.

the rear BUIS also gets in the way when activating the eotech.

as far as groupings go. i'll make sure to measure some next time i make onto the range.

AdamM
09-03-2008, 11:13 PM
which rear flip up are you looking at

palakaboy
09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
currently i'm looking at the
ARMS #40L sight
any one of the wilson combat AR flip up sights

i'm not sure...i might end up going with a cheap replica since i'm only shooting 5.56 and .223 and i doubt it'll break it.

don't worry about flip up sights breaking on your AR- this is actually a rare occurence with standard .223.

now if you're shooting with a .338 or larger then you might have something else to think about.

AdamM
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
no im strictly shooting .223. i just meant like if it were flipped up and got hit or banged around or anything. but idk, ive never used one before, im sure theyre more than heavy duty enough for my use

palakaboy
09-04-2008, 12:54 AM
oh...hmm...i think it'll be fine.

it'll take a pretty good hit. if anything it'll probably take a chunk off of you upper.

i go with what works...and the BUIS i'm using now- isn't.

AdamM
09-04-2008, 1:00 AM
haha. yea i guess youre right about that. but yea i need to get something soon, im going to nevada in 3 weeks for a weekend with my friend to shoot the entire weekend, weve got 20,000 rounds of .223 (10,000 each) and the last thing i want is my sight to go out and not have irons

palakaboy
09-04-2008, 1:05 AM
yeah i've done that before....it's pretty worthless...

get something simple and cheap. that way incase something DOES happen, you wouldnt feel too bad.

AdamM
09-04-2008, 1:08 AM
good point. does that ARMS #40L that you were talking about have an adjustable aperture on it?

aplinker
09-04-2008, 1:39 AM
ARMS 40L is dual aperture. For the money the Matech is a better choice.

Troy is current tops for BUIS. I really like the KAC 600m sight, too.

palakaboy
09-04-2008, 2:05 AM
i agree about matech. easy to find as well...

i've seen them go for as low as 50dollars.

AdamM
09-04-2008, 2:20 AM
ARMS 40L is single aperture. For the money the Matech is a better choice.

Troy is current tops for BUIS. I really like the KAC 600m sight, too.

which do you like better between the Matech and the KAC?

Clodbuster
09-05-2008, 6:55 PM
He didnt say they liked being hit and dropped.
He said they will hold zero when they are hit or such. Trust me they hold zero when cheap will not.

The military bangs all their sights up. It's a training and war thing.

If you read back to the post I was commenting to:

"The problems will only arise when you throw it on the ground and bang it around".

I have seen an airsoft rifle with a real Trijicon ACOG attached accidently thrown to the ground and the Trijicon broke. Whether it holds a zero is moot at that point. Any other cheap optics or replica would have broken as well. Whats the difference then?
The owner of that scope was dumbfounded to realize that "Battle proven" and "Tough as Nails" only goes so far when dealing with optics.

Clod

tankerman
09-05-2008, 7:38 PM
Collapsible stock, forward grip, pistol grip, flash hider and an empty magwell, is that legal?

I suppose you must be LEO? [MrOcifferguy]
here's mine
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/luckybob000/argear.jpg

technique
09-05-2008, 7:42 PM
Collapsible stock, forward grip, pistol grip, flash hider and an empty magwell, is that legal?

I suppose you must be LEO? [MrOcifferguy]

Probly got a BB, so yeah its legal.

Geeezzz vet member:nono:

tankerman
09-05-2008, 8:18 PM
Probly got a BB, so yeah its legal.

Geeezzz vet member:nono:
If, that's the case, posting the picture with the magwell empty is still a bad idea. No one can see a BB, but you can see an open magwell and evil features.

aplinker
09-05-2008, 8:41 PM
which do you like better between the Matech and the KAC?

KAC is 3X the price... it's the best elevation adjustable flip-up BUIS.

You'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth the price... For most, honestly, it's not.

Both are used by .mil.

technique
09-05-2008, 8:42 PM
If, that's the case, posting the picture with the magwell empty is still a bad idea. No one can see a BB, but you can see an open magwell and evil features.

Yeah you can look at it that way. I'm always more concerned about having the mag in while driving to and from the range, when its possible I may get pulled over. Less concerned while at home. I don't need to do any explaining to L.E. while at home. And he may have a FLUSH fit mag in there too. Who knows. I have see those before.

aplinker
09-05-2008, 8:49 PM

Why? All of us are well aware of the legality of open magwells with a BB.

What's with the paranoia? :TFH:

dribbler
09-06-2008, 7:42 AM
i love my barska, mine has the tree(?) reticle? can hit iron at 200-300 yards with it.

AdamM
09-06-2008, 8:09 AM
KAC is 3X the price... it's the best elevation adjustable flip-up BUIS.

You'll have to decide for yourself if it's worth the price... For most, honestly, it's not.

Both are used by .mil.

Haha, nope, not worth it for me. so far the only shooting ive done with it is at the range. im going to nevada next month and going to BLM land but other than that its mostly range time. i just want the cheapest decent quality flip up i can find

AdamM
09-06-2008, 8:10 AM
i love my barska, mine has the tree(?) reticle? can hit iron at 200-300 yards with it.

i really like mine too, it performs much better than i was expecting it to. so far i dont have any complaints