View Full Version : M1A Scout

08-31-2008, 8:30 PM
I bought an M1A Scout over the weekend, have a few quick questions. Just started DROS, so I don't have the gun with me.

The gun has a scope base mounted forward, I like the set up and may use it with an EER scope. But if not, can the mount be removed and a regular forend cover used instead?

Also, I use a Sadlak on my M1A Loaded, but it sits a touch high I think. Anyone use the ARMS or a similar mount that sits low?

08-31-2008, 8:40 PM
The mount can eb removed and a normal hand guard installed May want to look at this mount for the scout

The Ultimak mount in my opinion is the best scout type mount.

08-31-2008, 8:45 PM
ARMS mount:

The problem is ALL MiA scopes are too high since you have to clear the rear sight!
The scout and an EER is actually the best scope if you want to use the rifle without an added cheek piece.

08-31-2008, 8:57 PM
I'll probably set up for both, use a Weaver 2 to 8X EER scope. I just ordered the ARMS from Fulton Armory, hopefully they're an in stock item and I won't get a backorder notice. Instead of those strap on type nylon cheek rests I use a wood repro SMLE sniper cheek piece anchored to the stock. Very solid.