PDA

View Full Version : Dove @ Knoxville Wildlife Area (Berryessa)

tankerman
08-31-2008, 7:19 PM
I think I'm going to try hunting the dove opener at the Knoxville wildlife area on the north end of Berryessa.

Anyone hunted the area before? Is there good parking along the road?

Going there sight unseen , so I could use some basic info on the area if anyone is familiar with that patch of dirt.

Thanks

Gunaria
09-02-2008, 4:48 PM
I think I'm going to try hunting the dove opener at the Knoxville wildlife area on the north end of Berryessa.

Anyone hunted the area before? Is there good parking along the road?

Going there sight unseen , so I could use some basic info on the area if anyone is familiar with that patch of dirt.

Thanks

Report? How did it go for you? See or shoot anything?

tankerman
09-02-2008, 9:50 PM
Nice area.

There were a few other people (maybe a dozen or so) spread out over the area, a few there for doves and a few deer hunters.

Little bit of shooting, not many birds though, possibly because the creek was dry. I did see more birds closer to the lake (water source), but that area is private land.

I got a couple of birds, didn't stay long though. Might go back during upland game, will probably try further up the canyon though.

Should have brought my deer tag(s), would have been home with venison by 0730 easy. May try to sneak away from work this week and kill the one that I spotted in an area where it thought it was well hidden.;)