PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

323_EBRGuy
08-31-2008, 4:11 PM
Hey, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I moved to California from Georgia back in February of this year. I really love it here, but the whole "gun culture" change has been a huge shock for me. I'm so used to being able to do pretty much whatever I wanted when it came to buying a certain gun or whatever. All of the laws and rules out here are overwhelming, to say the least. Back in Atlanta I had a pretty good collection going - HK Mk23, USP Tactical, USP .40, a couple of Glocks, an HK USC, a few AR builds, a Sig P226 .40, and a couple of Springfield XDs. I sold all of it before I moved out here just because I was so concerned about getting in trouble with the law that I figured it was more trouble than it was worth to try and keep everything.

So anyhow, I'm starting over and that's actually pretty exciting. For a first purchase I'd like to get a SOCOM II and maybe an M14 clone.

Anyway, are there many group meetings or shoots in the area? I live in West Hollyweird and I work up in Sylmar. There's a range not too far from my office, I was thinking about heading up there sometime.

ojisan
08-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Howdy!
Welcome to CG!
Angeles Shooting Range is a favorite and right on the way from Hollywierd to Sylmar if you use the 2 and 210 freeways.
A group of CGs will be at ASR tomorrow Labor Day around 12:30 on the pistol / rifle 100 yards (right) side.
We will be the mean, unfriendly looking ones. (PS: Dodger's hat) :D

Greg-Dawg
09-03-2008, 2:27 PM
Welcome aboard!

zcobraz
09-03-2008, 7:55 PM
i have a 1963 colt python in very good shape lookingh for a colt 45 in trade