PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans new gun owners

badicedog
08-31-2008, 2:58 PM
Anyone catch NBC last night? As Gustav nears, record number of new firearm purchases! This must give the Dems nightmares!

cleanguy46
08-31-2008, 3:02 PM
Yea....been in the news for the past few days. Gotta have something to keep the NOPD honest! ;)

technique
08-31-2008, 3:03 PM
Man, that would suck to realize that in the event of a disaster and you need a gun, you have to wait 10 days in California.

If your unprepared in other states without a cool-off period your good to go as long as you get there before the disaster.

Quiet
08-31-2008, 3:08 PM
Man, that would suck to realize that in the event of a disaster and you need a gun, you have to wait 10 days in California.

If your unprepared in other states without a cool-off period your good to go as long as you get there before the disaster.

Remember the LA Lootings... I mean LA Riots back in 1992.
15 day waiting period in CA back then.

Lots of people in the LA metro area went to buy guns, when all the craziness was going down, and were told they had to wait 15 days.

cleanguy46
08-31-2008, 3:12 PM
Hmmmmmm............Coast Guard "Semper Paratus" ( Always Ready! )
Good word to live by!

technique
08-31-2008, 3:12 PM

Lots of people in the LA metro area went to buy guns, when all the craziness was going down, and were told they had to wait 15 days.

Yeah, and they stopped the sales on ammo. The old man at the Gun Exchange in San Jose told me it was the best business he ever had. He had people coming all the way up from LA to buy super bulk ammo.

ironcross
08-31-2008, 3:16 PM
Im not sure if I read it here.

I was reading how the NOPD boarded a Civi rescue boat. Cops aked if they had guns and if they lie there all going to jail. They said yes incase of pirates, 2 rifles and 2 pistols. Non of the weapons where illegal. (someting on thos lines) Cops took their weapons and took off.

NOPD did it to people in their homes aswell.

Whats up with that... You are armed to protect yourself/loved ones and the police steal your weapons...

X-NewYawker
08-31-2008, 3:19 PM

All those enlightened liberals who WANTED gun control until they saw smoke on the horizon. I got a dozen calls from actors and such, "Can I BORROW a gun?"
"No, you can't BORROW a gun. That's illegal (didn't know if it was but wanted them to twist) go to rettings and buy one"
"but they say I have to wait 15 days!"
"next time vote republican!"

Then after katrina the NOPD was going around TAKING guns away from people who stayed with their houses.

technique
08-31-2008, 3:26 PM
All those enlightened liberals who WANTED gun control until they saw smoke on the horizon. I got a dozen calls from actors and such, "Can I BORROW a gun?"
"No, you can't BORROW a gun. That's illegal (didn't know if it was but wanted them to twist) go to rettings and buy one"
"but they say I have to wait 15 days!"
"next time vote republican!"

Then after katrina the NOPD was going around TAKING guns away from people who stayed with their houses.

I thought NOPD rolled out in new Cadillacs!:cool: It was a joint effort from LE volunteers from all over and Blackwater.

ivanimal
08-31-2008, 3:39 PM
Im not sure if I read it here.

I was reading how the NOPD boarded a Civi rescue boat. Cops aked if they had guns and if they lie there all going to jail. They said yes incase of pirates, 2 rifles and 2 pistols. Non of the weapons where illegal. (someting on thos lines) Cops took their weapons and took off.

NOPD did it to people in their homes aswell.

Whats up with that... You are armed to protect yourself/loved ones and the police steal your weapons...

It is true an will never happen again, hopefully, they passed legislation to help insure that.
-taU9d26wT4

http://www.nraila.org//News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=6539

X-NewYawker
08-31-2008, 3:42 PM
I was in NO a few months after K hiyt and the hotel I was staying in had HUMVEES in the parking lot. I assumed they were NG. I saw the camo'ed men in the hotel restaurant and asked who they were. They told me they were REGULAR ARMY and had been LIVING there since katrina. They said NOPD couldn't handle the post-K 1-3 murders a NIGHT and they were doing street patrol! They told me that had been in FIREFIGHTS with drug dealers.
My Location man took me into the lower ninth (looked like Hiroshima) and we had guns trained on us from crack house windows. It was nice to drive past abandoned houses that had "BODY IN HERE" spray painted on the front walls.

BTW All Bush's fault.

ironcross
08-31-2008, 5:38 PM
I was in NO a few months after K hiyt and the hotel I was staying in had HUMVEES in the parking lot. I assumed they were NG. I saw the camo'ed men in the hotel restaurant and asked who they were. They told me they were REGULAR ARMY and had been LIVING there since katrina. They said NOPD couldn't handle the post-K 1-3 murders a NIGHT and they were doing street patrol! They told me that had been in FIREFIGHTS with drug dealers.
My Location man took me into the lower ninth (looked like Hiroshima) and we had guns trained on us from crack house windows. It was nice to drive past abandoned houses that had "BODY IN HERE" spray painted on the front walls.

BTW All Bush's fault.

Yeah, I was watching something and they where getting a tour of the 9th ward and they said even after all these years there are still bodies in houses.

Its pretty sad...

ironcross
08-31-2008, 5:43 PM
It is true an will never happen again, hopefully, they passed legislation to help insure that.

Yup thats the full video. Was that a CHP @ 1:17 lol.

I hope it wont happen again...

joe_sun
08-31-2008, 6:00 PM
-taU9d26wT4

Wow I've never seen that video before... powerful stuff

nazgulnarsil
08-31-2008, 7:24 PM
the videos of the gun confiscation in NO make my hackles rise like a cornered dog. "it can't happen here" yeah right, when fascism comes a knocking it is always in the guise of law and order.
famous gun control advocates: Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Amin, Tsetung.

xjz
08-31-2008, 8:07 PM
BTW All Bush's fault.

I agree this could have been handled much better than it was on the relief/aid side but how is it Bush's fault that some dumb *** police chief/sherriff of NO decided to start confiscating guns and depriving Americans of of their God given right to the 2nd amendment. At least they passed a law to try to keep this from happening again.
Also I think its more the state/city's fault for all the flooding because they knew the dikes couldn't hold back any more than a category 3 hurricane before it happened and they never did anything about it for years. For that matter, after it was all said and done and they fixed the dikes/levee's they restored them to pre-K strength. They never booster their capability and now there's a category 5 headed their way. You'd think the city/state would learn something.
Flame away.

tommyid1
09-01-2008, 12:00 AM

BTW All Bush's fault.
you = misguided

joelogic
09-01-2008, 12:24 AM
What if you had a CCW, would they still take your gun?

NotSoFast
09-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Hmmmmmm............Coast Guard "Semper Paratus" ( Always Ready! )
Good word to live by!
I just picked up my BUG today, cleaned it, test fired it, and recleaned it, all in one day. I be ready. :D

NotSoFast
09-01-2008, 12:39 AM
What I wonder is, "Did they check everybody in the neighborhoods? Or did they look at the records and go only to homes where they knew people owned guns?"

CalNRA
09-01-2008, 12:43 AM
I would imagine the 4473s didn't help.

NotSoFast
09-01-2008, 12:47 AM
If you aren't one of them, I would imagine the answer is yes. Maybe a few honest, upright police would let you slide. But only if they were alone and not with a bunch that felt we should be disarmed no matter what.

Vectrexer
09-01-2008, 11:52 AM
In the news stories did anyone notice that everyone getting on the buses was being searched for, AND STRIPPED OF, their firearms.

Anyone remember that people need to have a defensive measure against the criminals criminals traveling on those buses?

They're taking away the firearms again. I did not see any receipts being given for the confiscated firearms. Anyone hear of anything for people traveling in their cars? Is this going to be another Nagin search and destroy Mission for New Orleans gun owners?

easy
09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
famous gun control advocates: Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Amin, Tsetung.

You forgot Nagin, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Obama, Clinton

cackinthebox
09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Yup thats the full video. Was that a CHP @ 1:17 lol.

I hope it wont happen again...

It was CHP, i saw that on the news, the governor sent alot of troopers over to help.

m98
09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I wonder what other countries are thinking about when a natural disaster like Katrina hits N.O. and the whole state LOOSES control of it's people and went straight to the conclusion to disarm the citizens. I think it'll give the U.S. enemies plans&strategies on it's future terrorism attacks.

NeoWeird
09-01-2008, 5:14 PM
CCW didn't help. Not sure if it was that video or another one where they showed a lady who had CCW license, completion certificates for defensive courses, receipt of purchase, registration card with sreial, etc for her handgun. They still took it.

I think it was the video that showed the dozens or railroad boxcars stacked full of guns (in piles on the floor up to the ceiling - not in shelfs or boxes) and she had to sort through them all to find her gun and still had to go through the process of proving it was hers. She never did find it last I heard. Same was true for hundreds of other people.

CCW or not, you are innocent until proving guilty. If they will take the guns away from an innocent person, they will take it away from someone who has jumped through the hopes. There is no 'safe' when it comes to gun control. You're either a target, unarmed, or breaking the law in their eyes.

anthonyca
09-02-2008, 12:57 AM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&resnum=0&q=freedom%20to%20fascism&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Fast forward to 1hour and 14 mins. There were not just NOPD confiscating guns. NG and Homeland security. I don't know how to get just this part of the movie so I had to post the whole thing. There are also alot of scary executive orders listed in that movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disaster_Recovery_Personal_Protection_Act_of_2006 This is a good start. What about LA state level can they still confiscate? Also what if they use the magic terrorism scare?

Hamster16
09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
i would be more worried about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_and_Homeland_Security_Presidenti al_Directive if the president declares a "catastrophic emergency." Such an emergency is construed as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions." the directive changes our government "The directive specifies that, following such an emergency, an "Enduring Constitutional Government," comprising "a cooperative effort among the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Federal Government," coordinated by the President of the United States, will take the place of the nation's regular government, presumably without the oversight of Congress." in theory he can strip away all our rights if he deems necessary which would make any laws that are passed irrelevant.

5hundo
09-04-2008, 9:43 AM
Gotta have something to keep the NOPD honest! ;)

+1

That is one of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in the Nation. Plus, during the Katrina aftermath, they got a little "trigger happy" and shot a few people that they really didn't need to.

Plus, the looting was out of control...