PDA

View Full Version : front sight question

Axewound
08-30-2008, 4:28 PM
so i got my first AR15 build done
and im having trouble zeroing it in.

ive got the Armalite M15 20 inch with troy front and rear sights.
the front sight is on the gas block. and ive noticed the the rail above the reciever is higher than the one on the gas block.

so when i fire at center mass at 25 yards my rounds hit a foot high. so wich way do i turn my front post.

thanks

bobfried
08-30-2008, 4:32 PM
Troy's were designed to mount on either a rial forearm or on a railed gas block that has the same height as your receiver.

In other words it won't work on your upper, either get a new front sight or get a new railed gas block.

Note the height of the rail:

http://www.troyind.com/Images1/frontmain.jpg

X-NewYawker
08-30-2008, 4:33 PM
These guns have front sights?
Is that the thing I see behind my red dot?

You turn your post so it goes down.

xrMike
08-30-2008, 5:43 PM
You turn your post so it goes down.If he wants his point of impact to go DOWN, he needs to turn his front post so it goes UP.

aplinker
08-30-2008, 11:29 PM
bobfried is right... Troy doesn't currently make a gas block height front sight. You will not have sufficient adjustment range on that sight.

NiteQwill
08-31-2008, 2:06 AM
so i got my first AR15 build done
and im having trouble zeroing it in.

ive got the Armalite M15 20 inch with troy front and rear sights.
the front sight is on the gas block. and ive noticed the the rail above the reciever is higher than the one on the gas block.

so when i fire at center mass at 25 yards my rounds hit a foot high. so wich way do i turn my front post.

thanks
Move your front sight post down. Remember, elevation adjustments are opposite of what we think, down is up and vice versa.

ocabj
08-31-2008, 4:32 PM
Move your front sight post down. Remember, elevation adjustments are opposite of what we think, down is up and vice versa.

What?

If the shot is high, you move the front sight post up to lower the point of impact.

xrMike is correct.