View Full Version : LaRue Tactical Mount Advise! Need Help asap!!

08-30-2008, 1:23 PM
Ok.. I just recieved my flip to side aimpoint mount and that thing rocks! I got no prob with the magnifier mount. However LaRue being LaRue threw in some unexpected goodies (which was a very awesome guesture). One of the goodies was DilloDust which is were my problem lays....

There was no mounting instructions for the Dust!!!! So I had to improvise. Please review pics and Let me know if Im on the right track??? My wife was really pissed when I was trying to BBQ with my current set up below.... Please help.

But seriously LaRue really did surprise the hell outta me with there generousity. Highly recommend. :)

Blacktail 8541
08-30-2008, 1:30 PM
Not uncommon for LaRue at all.:)

08-30-2008, 2:06 PM
Caution: That DilloDust is for AR-10 (.308) use only. You load the canister in a Tactical 37mm Launcher and after you drop you deer/elk, you season him from up to 200 yards away. By the time you get your meat back to camp, it is ready for BBQ:D

08-30-2008, 2:07 PM
you got it all wrong! It's actually a silencer in disguise, that should be mounted over the flash hinder, duh

08-30-2008, 2:22 PM
Yup, I got some too.

08-30-2008, 2:39 PM
Love the bumper stickers :43:

08-30-2008, 3:11 PM
Yep...just got my Larue mount for an Aimpoint magnifier, came with all the goodies as shown. Sweet. They will continue to get my business.

Hey Silverfish, how does your Aimpoint magnifier line up with your Eotech? I was unable to get them lined up using the built in Eotech mount, so I put an Aimpoint M2 with a Larue CCO mount on the rifle and they are prefectly aligned, but I had hoped to do it with my Eotech.

08-30-2008, 3:17 PM
Haha...great pic.

Larue is awesome. I put them right up there with Dillon in the Customer service excellence dept. I needed a new base plate for a LT-137 that I bought 2nd hand, they sent one out ASAP.

Full Clip
08-30-2008, 4:27 PM
I used my LaRue Battlefield mixers today while painting.
And Dillo Dust works nicely with venison.... :)

08-30-2008, 5:02 PM
yo eltee,

When you say you had a hard time gettin them lined up, do you mean height wise or distance from each other? if it was height wise then...

Eventhough its not listed on their website for some reason, Larue makes two versions of the fts mount.

The LT649 -----normal version

The LT649-S---lower profile version which lines up pretty well if your gonna have the eotech mounted directly to the rail.

I'm guessing your mount profile was too high for your eotech.

Possible solution is to elevate your eotech with a riser like.....

hope this helps.

08-30-2008, 6:56 PM
LaRue is the best! i had the same treatment when i bought some stuff from the too. did you get their "tactical entry tool" as well?

08-30-2008, 7:25 PM
LaRue is the best! i had the same treatment when i bought some stuff from the too. did you get their "tactical entry tool" as well?

I got the same bundle as Blacky, only difference was my hat was tan.

08-30-2008, 7:41 PM
...ummm I didn't want to say anything but your dillo dust is on backwards. Just watchin out...

Another great company. Nice piece btw.

08-30-2008, 8:04 PM
Thanks. It was height wise, the swing away Larue mount made the magnifier sit too high. I had thought about that Larue mount for the Eotech, but I didn't need that short bit of picatinny rail on the back of it.

I may see what the height spec is on the Yankee Hill mount, even though their website indicates they are out of stock.

Thanks again for the info.