PDA

View Full Version : Which lower to build! Help me pick!

joe_sun
08-29-2008, 6:16 PM
I'm building my first off list AR lower. This isn't my first AR-15.. in fact it's not my second. I've had two prebans. This is my first AR Off list lower.

For those who care, I just bought a 16in Bravo Company Midlength upper and I'll be using a Prince 50 Bullet Button the man himself gave me in trade for some FAL parts.
Each one of these lowers is special to me and the history of the California OLL movement. I'll describe the attributes of each.

The first off list lower was bought at the INFAMOUS San Jose Gun show from Wes at 10% firearms. SECONDS after I completed the paperwork Iggy showed up and told us the now immortal... "two weeks"

#1 is a STAG-15 serial in the 7000 range marked CAL 5.56

The second lower I bought from Wes after he stopped selling lowers because "the heat was on" He went underground but because I had met him in person he let me have this one.

#2 is a Sundevil type 1 billet lower serial in the 2000 range CAL marked MULTI

The third lower is the first one that I bought from Ben's group buy. It was supposed to be another STAG15 but something went horribly wrong and somehow this receiver was sent instead.

#3 This is a Fulton FAR-15 serial in the 1000 range CAL marked 5.56

The 4th and last is my most precious of all precious lowers

This lower was lost.. then found due to the work of Ben and Gene.. it was taken from the FFL by Iggy himself and held captive for two years. I had to drive from Sacramento to San Jose FIVE time because of this receiver. I had to DROS four times. This is my #1 pick

This lower is a "Milpitas" LMT built Lauer Custom Weaponry LCW15 serial in the 2000 range. There is NO caliber marking on this receiver

The reason for this poll is I'm not sure my BCM build is special enough for the Lauer... let me know what you think

Thanks!

Jon

ChrisXD45T
08-29-2008, 6:33 PM
Where and when did you get the BCM mid-length?
They've been sold out forever, and I check their site everyday.

BP88
08-29-2008, 6:35 PM
It's your money - you decide.

... but since I'm biased, I chose Stag.

joe_sun
08-29-2008, 7:09 PM
Where and when did you get the BCM mid-length?
They've been sold out forever, and I check their site everyday.

I got it 2 days ago from G&R Tactical, they are sold out right now but email him and he'll let you know when they are in stock.

Sales@GRTactical.com

ChrisXD45T
08-29-2008, 7:24 PM
I thought that only BCM themselves and Global Tactical sold BCM uppers; Who else sells them!?!

Blacktail 8541
08-29-2008, 7:31 PM
Build the Lauer. A Bravo Co. upper would be right at home on that lower.

Both quality

pdq_wizzard
08-29-2008, 7:39 PM
you have to build the LMT just because Iggy did not want it on the streets. hell I would try to figure out a way to mark it as an "IGGY". :chris:

X-NewYawker
08-29-2008, 8:18 PM
+ 1 on the LMT Iggy machine

joe_sun
08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
I thought that only BCM themselves and Global Tactical sold BCM uppers; Who else sells them!?!

G&R Tactical, BCM and Global are the only ones I know of

http://www.gandrtactical.com

FWIW G&R posts A LOT over at the best AR site in the world, www.m4carbine.net and is very helpful in answering questions. I'll give him my money whenever possible.

That forum is full of operators and not hobbyists and they know what works and what doesn't.

joe_sun
08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
you have to build the LMT just because Iggy did not want it on the streets. hell I would try to figure out a way to mark it as an "IGGY". :chris:

I'm thinking this is going to be the direction I go.. sans Iggy markings