PDA

View Full Version : The "Perfect Financial Storm"

nicki
08-27-2008, 2:02 PM
Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump wrote a book last year called "Why we want you to be Rich".

The core of the book is they say the "Culture of Dependency" and government debt and future obligations will wipe out the middle class.

We can see such a thing happened in Germany post world war 1.
It was the collapse of the German Marc that lead to the rise of Adolph Hitler.

Hitler was overwhelmlingly elected, then he consolidated power, then he got rid of undesirable elements from German Society, then of course he tried to expand his visions world wide.

Do we want to risk a future Hitler, because if we don't change things, that is our potential future.

I realize that this is a gun board, but if we look at when gun control laws were passed, they were passed during times of national crisis.

The gun laws passed in the 1800's were racists which is why most early gun laws were passed in the south.

Many gun laws in the early part of the 20th century were both racists and anti immigrant.

Alcohol Prohibition and the violence associated with it lead to more gun laws.

Labor strive, the depression, worries of social unstablity lead to more gun control laws being passed in the 1930's.

The NFA1934 was only the beginning, Roosevelt was going after everything.

More gun control laws were passed during the 1960's, during this time many feared the country could have widespread civil disorder due to race issues and the vietnam war.

Today we have the war on terror. Imagine Al Gore was president on 9/11, what do you think could have happened to our gun rights post 9/11.

Political, social and economic stablity are key to us protecting our rights.

We are entering a time in history where there is unprecented debt and government obligations.

Our government can't tax anymore, raising taxe rates at this point will reduce revenues and they know it.

Our government will soon not be able to borrow anymore because foreigners will stop buying our debt. In fact our foreign creditors may start making demands that we make adjustments in both our foreign and domestic policies.

Our debt threatens to undermine our "national sovereignty".

Many third world countries took on debt they couldn't repay and they were forced to make unpopular domestic changes to settle their international debts.

Our friends the Chinese hold 1 trillion dollars of our debt and considering their track record in their country, I don't think they will be sympathetic to the culture of dependency.

Ironically our friends the "Chinese" could force our government to do what is needed to be done to economically save our country.

That would be Ironic if our country is saved by the "Communist". I'm not holding my breath.

The world around us is changing and right now our country is going down the wrong track.

Our country can turn around, but it will require leadership from the people rather than the politicians.

We have to make significant cuts in spending and take on no more debt.

The politicans won't develop spines unless they know they have solid backing from people who willwatch their backs when they step forward and do the right things.

The Medicare/Social Security system cannot pay out what they have promised, that will mean going up against the AARP.

Most medical spending is for chronic health issues which could be avoided if individuals took personal responsiblity for their own health. We are talking about over 70 percent of health care expenditures.

We can't afford to be the world's policeman anymore, that will mean going up against the Military Industrial Complex as well as multi national corporations who count on using the US Military to protect their overseas investments.

Guns represent power, and the people in power, especially during times of signficant national crisis will see us as a threat to their power.

The only people who will be allowed to have guns are those who are seen as loyal to the powers that be.

The right of the people to overthrow a bad government is a natural right given to us from God that few in government will recognize.

Most Americans don't even understand that the purpose of the right to keep and bear arms is not just for individual protection, but for our collective right to protect ourselves from enemies foreign and domestic.

If our government leaders engage in treason against the constitution and sell out our country, they are domestic enemies and it is our duty to remove them from office by whatever means necessary.

Of course such leaders would seek to disarm us of not just our guns, but free speech, free press, freedom of movement, freedom of assoiciation etc,.

I have given many of you things to think about, but what is really important for you to do is act:D

1. Get yourself in physical shape. Don't become a drain on the medical system.

2. Encourage others to do the same.

I can see health movements forming in this country to promote self reliance in health which will lead to reduced government health spending.

It is already happening. The movement won't come from a political angle, but a personal health and financial angle.

Getting Medicare and Social Security under control will save our country and save our guns.

Combine this with aggressive energy self reliance, the technologies do exist and are close to being market ready, our country can be saved.

There are things people can do individually, I'm doing some things myself and will let progress be known as things happen.

If we can replace the culture of dependency with a culture of self reliance, we will not only save our gun rights, but will be able to go on the attack and get back many lost rights.

I am a dreamer, I tend to shoot high, but even if I hit low, I'm still higher than if I never tried.

That being said, I can see a future for Americans where our government is restored to a quasi Libertarian style Republic.

Nicki

bulgron
08-27-2008, 2:09 PM
I lost 20lbs this year and started shooting again. I guess I must be right on track. :D

aklon
08-27-2008, 8:13 PM
Sometimes I think the thing to do is complete selling off the national debt, then just declare bankruptcy because this country needs that kind of massive slap in the face if we're ever going to get serious again. There's no reason we can't go back to producing everything we need right here at home.

Besides: they all hate us anyway, so why not stick 'em with a bunch of bad IOUs? Are they going to hate us even more? So what - we're used to it.

(okay, no more bad rant)

Creeping Incrementalism
08-27-2008, 9:06 PM
Hitler was overwhelmlingly elected, then he consolidated power, then he got rid of undesirable elements from German Society, then of course he tried to expand his visions world wide.

Technically, Hitler was never elected. He was actually appointed Chancellor after losing the race for President to Hindenburg, though he did later win a plebiscite approving of his consolidation of power after Hindenburg died.