PDA

View Full Version : Now that Obama has blown his VP pick...

hawk1
08-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Choosing Biden.

Is McCain going to really f-things up by picking a "liberal" VP?

I swear, that'll be just like them to try and force one down our throat...:mad:

lehn20
08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I would like to have seen Colin Powell. That would stir some things up. Or that female TX Senator (IIRC). He needs to go after women and minorities to win the election.

Biden is another huge Obama flip-flop!!! What happend to change?! Let him burry himself with all his flip-flopping. Take away his telepromter and make him mumble.

dfletcher
08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I think Obama's VP choice had to meet the "not bad" level where as McCain needs to meet a higher standard of at least "hey that's pretty good". Unless there's an angle not readily apparent, Biden appears merely safe but uninspired. I think the question on McCain is will he go for a somewhat inspired choice to the right or to the middle and how creative will he get. Someone like Kay Bailey Hutchinson could have quite an appeal, but you've always got to wonder what the down side could be. Is she going to bring in any votes (and more importantly, states) McCain won't get on his own?

Pvt. Cowboy
08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Of course McCain will screw this up. I'm starting to wonder if both candidates are having second thoughts about being President.

Slayer
08-27-2008, 1:03 PM
PALIN FTW!!

liketoshoot
08-27-2008, 1:05 PM
I know this may sound racist but I do not mean it to be.
I hope Black America will wake up and look at what this man(Obama) really is, I think if they can see past his color they will understand that he is not the man for the job. His stance on gun control is not the main issue, (It is right up there), it is his total lack of experiance in WORLD politics that will harm us more then anything else and no matter who he has in his cabinetts it will not help.

chris
08-27-2008, 1:40 PM
haha he said blown in thread title.

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 2:43 PM
I say a woman or minority.... Best choice, a woman who is a minority....

PonchoTA
08-27-2008, 3:02 PM
I say a woman or minority.... Best choice, a woman who is a minority....

Yeah, but Ms. Rice doesn't want the job. :( Can't say I blame her either!

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 3:17 PM
I have a new strategy.... The Republicans should cancel their convention and allow the Democrats to extend theirs another 4 days.... Maybe even donate their TV time and convention funds...

Every day this convention goes on, Obama/Biden loses two more points in the polls against an unknown McCain ticket...

If McCain can convince them to continue this mess through the weekend, McCain should be up 18 points by Tuesday.

MolonLabe2008
08-27-2008, 3:51 PM
McCAIN/PALIN 2008

AfricanHunter
08-27-2008, 5:00 PM
I think Cantor would be a very interesting pick.

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 5:09 PM
MCCAIN/ ANYBODY WITH A PULSE 2008

Glock22Fan
08-27-2008, 5:23 PM
MCCAIN/ ANYBODY WITH A PULSE 2008

Nice one!

BigKevLA
08-27-2008, 5:37 PM
I know this may sound racist but I do not mean it to be.
I hope Black America will wake up and look at what this man(Obama) really is, I think if they can see past his color they will understand that he is not the man for the job. His stance on gun control is not the main issue, (It is right up there), it is his total lack of experiance in WORLD politics that will harm us more then anything else and no matter who he has in his cabinetts it will not help.
Black America mays up no more than 15% of the US population. Obama kicked Hilary's a** across most ofthe country. He has kicked McCain's a** is most polls across the country, 15% of the population isn't skewing the numbers. Most of White America likes him too.

What experience on the WORLD stage does McCain have? What legislation has he written that was GOOD for America?

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 5:42 PM
Nice one!

Thank you, John...

Black America mays up no more than 15% of the US population. Obama kicked Hilary's a** across most ofthe country. He has kicked McCain's a** is most polls across the country, 15% of the population isn't skewing the numbers. Most of White America likes him too.

Uh... Your definition of asskicking must be different than mine? Squeaking by with the nomination which was STILL contested up until about an hour ago is not an a"*** kicking" in the primaries... being behind to McCain by 5% or up as much as 2% is not "Kicking John McCains *** in the polls".

Put down the Kool Aid.... Youre sounding delusional....

But you are right.... I know one white American who likes him a whole lot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m89m0pC_bpY

hawk1
08-27-2008, 5:52 PM

What experience on the WORLD stage does McCain have? What legislation has he written that was GOOD for America?

What the hell are you smoking boy? Obama?..:cool:

GaryPowersLives
08-27-2008, 5:58 PM
I'm starting to see shades of germany, 1939.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/27/invesco-field-transformed-ahead-of-obamas-acceptance-speech/

Glock22Fan
08-27-2008, 6:00 PM

Let's turn that around and ask the same of Obama. A speech in Germany that (according to German reporters) half the audience was puzzled by?

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 6:08 PM
I'm starting to see shades of germany, 1939.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/27/invesco-field-transformed-ahead-of-obamas-acceptance-speech/

Believe me... Thats an improvement.... The first plan involved him delivering his speech while nailed to a huge wooden cross.

lazuris
08-27-2008, 6:16 PM
Obama said " I think we should use a Roman theme" Then his staffer's said " been there done that, but what about a greek bath house theme." Sold.

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 6:17 PM
Obama said " I think we should use a Roman theme" Then his staffer's said " been there done that, but what about a greek bath house theme." Sold.

I have "Roman Theme" Trademarked.... So that was out....

AfricanHunter
08-27-2008, 8:17 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/the_case_for_cantor.html

I realize Cantor is probably a long shot but would much prefer him to any of the other names being floated out there.

PonchoTA
08-27-2008, 8:36 PM
What about Matt Blunt from MO? Governor, young, handsome, smart, conservative, military background (Sailor!!!).

I like him! http://www.mattblunt.com/

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 9:43 PM
If its going to be a guy, I would say John Thune is a damn fine pick.... GOOD looking family- And hes more experienced than Obama.

PonchoTA
08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
If its going to be a guy, I would say John Thune is a damn fine pick.... GOOD looking family- And hes more experienced than Obama.
My little finger has more experience than Obama. :ack:

:rolleyes:

mecam
08-31-2008, 6:18 PM

People voted for Obama to win over Hillary so it would be a slam dunk for the Republicans. ;) Even the Hillary fans were scratching their heads. :D