PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Choice of Joe Biden a Good One says Brady Campaign.

Pvt. Cowboy
08-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Original link here: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-25-2008/0004872897&EDATE=

WASHINGTON, Aug. 25 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence praised Senator Barack Obama's choice for his vice presidential running mate, Senator Joe Biden.

"Joe Biden is a straight talker about the need for common sense laws to keep dangerous people from getting dangerous weapons," said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "He has been a solid advocate for sensible gun laws that protect our police officers and our families. I was proud to stand with him just weeks ago in Philadelphia when he joined with our nation's mayors in supporting tough crime fighting laws, and also last year when police leaders urged passage of common sense measures to protect law enforcement officers. Our nation would be well served with Joe Biden as our Vice President."

During a Democratic Presidential debate on CNN, Senator Biden expressed concern about a man who submitted a video question asking whether the candidates would protect his "baby," a fully loaded semiautomatic assault rifle. Senator Biden said "If that's his baby, he needs help." Then he went on to say, "We should be working with law enforcement right now to make sure that we protect people against people who are not capable of knowing what to do with a gun because they are either mentally imbalanced and/or they have a criminal record."

Senator Biden has a comprehensive crime bill awaiting action in the Senate (S. 2237) that would require background checks on all sales at gun shows and reauthorize the now-expired federal ban on military-style assault weapons.

For more background on Senator Biden's record on common sense gun laws, visit http://www.bradycampaign.org/elections/2008president.php.

As the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence, the Brady Campaign, with its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, works to enact and enforce sensible gun laws, regulations and public policies. The Brady Campaign is devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities.

Visit the Brady Campaign website at http://www.bradycampaign.org. For continuing insight and comment on the gun issue, read Paul Helmke's blog at http://www.bradycampaign.org/blog/.

RomanDad
08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Well... That settles it... If they support him I know I need to vote for McCain....

hawk1
08-27-2008, 10:37 AM
That should speak volumes...

Pvt. Cowboy
08-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Any Calguns member still voting for Obama/Biden is practically rushing out their door to welcome Iggy with open arms as he's coming across your lawn to serve you a felony arrest warrant over a thirty cent plastic pistol grip.

You're just flat nuts. Probably shouldn't have guns in the first place, in my opinion.

Sutcliffe
08-27-2008, 10:44 AM
They are awfully bold supporting him openly before the election. Considering that might arouse the wrath of gun owners.

Wcoldnav
08-27-2008, 10:50 AM
In terms of stance/opinion on gun laws Joe Biden was one of the worst choices possible for VP. On the bright side of things we can be thankful it wasn't Michael Bloomberg.

Pvt. Cowboy
08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
In terms of stance/opinion on gun laws Joe Biden was one of the worst choices possible for VP.

In overall terms, he's one of the worst choices possible. I just can't understand why Obama chose him and am beginning to suspect that it wasn't his decision.

Biden brings the three measly electoral votes from his liberal New England state of Delaware that Sen. Obama already has in the bag. Biden's own presidential run got him a best showing of 1% of the vote in Ohio in 2008. He's an arrogant mouth-runner with lousy hair plugs and a spray-on tan. Obama's already pulling 4% lower after announcing Biden is on the ticket which speaks volumes for Obama's judgment and decision making capabilities -- if, in fact, he did choose Biden and wasn't forced to by the old DNC power structure that controls him.

CHS
08-27-2008, 1:08 PM
"Common sense"
"Sensible"

UGGGGGHGHHHH!!!! I hate these people so much.

We have so many damn sensible, common sense gun laws it's making me SICK.

tombinghamthegreat
08-27-2008, 2:05 PM
In terms of stance/opinion on gun laws Joe Biden was one of the worst choices possible for VP. On the bright side of things we can be thankful it wasn't Michael Bloomberg.

Bloomberg, Biden and Obama will be butt buddies waging war on the 2nd amendment if Obama wins. Bloomberg is more of a guy who pulls the strings, not a mouth piece like Biden.

Ten Rounder
08-27-2008, 2:34 PM
Yes I too, "want to know was is going to happen with my babies?"

saki302
08-27-2008, 10:17 PM
How do they know the AR was loaded? Idiots.

Any gun owner who votes for the Obama/Binladen ticket needs to have their head examined.
I'd like to hear what excuses the Omamination people can come up with now on this board.

-Dave