PDA

View Full Version : The "Mule" Club.

CHS
08-26-2008, 7:44 PM
I have a shotgun. It's an NEF "Survivor" in 12ga with a 3" chamber. It weighs about 5-6 pounds. Shooting it is rather brutal. But I love this silly little gun. We call it the Mule, it kicks like one.

So between myself and all my friends we have a "Mule Club". To join the Club you only need to fire one shot, a 3" magnum. Turkey loads work the best, and I usually have some on hand.

One of my friends recently joined the club. Hilarity is what happened next:

QTADwBynkCk

M. Sage
08-26-2008, 7:52 PM
Lol. Shot it a little sooner than he meant to, eh? :p

I'll have to get my hands on one of these... I'm up for the challenge. Hell, make it a 3" slug. :43:

CHS
08-26-2008, 8:26 PM
Lol. Shot it a little sooner than he meant to, eh? :p

I'll have to get my hands on one of these... I'm up for the challenge. Hell, make it a 3" slug. :43:

For some reason, NEF/H&R/Marlin no longer makes this gun in 12ga. They do still make it in .223/308 though. I think another rifle cartridge as well, but I forget.

A long time ago they made it in .357, and I really wanted to get one. But I probably couldn't find one today. Yet another reason to get an Encore frame. hehe.

And you're welcome to fire a 3" slug out of the mule any time you want. It's a very fun gun to shoot. Just punishing.

vinny_land
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
^were you referring to the "survivor" or the regular "topper"

M. Sage
08-26-2008, 11:06 PM
And you're welcome to fire a 3" slug out of the mule any time you want. It's a very fun gun to shoot. Just punishing.

It's a bit of a drive for me...

I learned to shotgun with a single-shot 16 gauge when I was 12, and for a while had a Mossberg 835. Recoil's nothing really "new" to me, but I always like a challenge. :43:

Moonclip
08-27-2008, 3:15 AM
Turners had one recently in 12ga used for $150. I want a 10ga single shot NEF! I plan on having it ported and other such things to try to tame it some though.

ohsmily
08-28-2008, 5:20 PM
The person in your video clip either has a horrible grip and stance or he fired the gun before he intended to and wasn't ready for it. Either way, he could use a little instruction before shooting much more.