PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clintons quote about the NRA

anthonyca
08-23-2008, 2:31 PM
“ The NRA had a great night. They beat both Speaker Tom Foley and Jack Brooks, two of the ablest members of Congress, who had warned me this would happen. Foley was the first Speaker to be defeated in more than a century. Jack Brooks had supported the NRA for years and had led the fight against the assault weapons ban in the House, but as chairman of the Judiciary Committee he had voted for the overall crime bill even after the ban was put into it. The NRA was an unforgiving master: one strike and you're out. The gun lobby claimed to have defeated nineteen of the twenty-four members on its hit list. They did at least that much damage and could rightly claim to have made Gingrich the House Speaker. ”
—Bill Clinton, My Life pp 629-30

http://www.rense.com/general62/gns.htm
There are 80million gun owners in the USA and only about 4million NRA members. The 4 million are the only ones who are even somewhat listened to by the enemies of the 2nd amd. There are many great gun ownership groups such as calguns but mot of the members of the smaller groups are also members of the NRA. We need a major push to get more people to join these great protectors of the US constitution, esp the 2nd amendment, which we all know is the protector of the rest of the BILL OF RIGHTS. Every gunstore or online site should have a request to join the NRA perhaps adding a coupon of some ammo of someone joins. People need to know the assault we are under. I keep hearing" that will never happen in the usa." People dont understand it happened in 1994 and just sunsetted and is already written and will happen again and worse if we dont act.

I was recently in a disagreement with my brother who is a strong gun rights supporter and has many nice guns including a Barrett 6.8.that will be banned Obama and Biden pass what they have both put in writing that they will do. He lives in free for now Colorado.The disagreement was his not being a member of the NRA or any other guns rights group. He is very well informed of the lies and junk science put out by the enemies of the 2nd. My point to him is is doesn't matter how well informed you are it matters if your voice is heard and nobody but your friends and family hear you on this.

His not being heard I asked if I can pay for his membership to the NRA. I am hopefully that after he is a member he will stay one and recruit others of which there are over 80million. This is the beginning of the end of the 2nd amendment. This is the greatest threat we have ever seen to our rights. How can any gun owner sleep at night without taking action?

chris
08-23-2008, 7:00 PM
if the 80 million gun owners voted in every election Obama would have no chance. his vision of chang is not one i think we as americans are ready for. with that being said his vision of change may very well include the loss of more rights.

hoffmang
08-23-2008, 8:26 PM
Gentlemen,

A thinking man's argument can easily be made to oppose an Obama presidency on the grounds of Supreme Court appointments and other judicial appointments.

However, the ongoing scare tactics about Congress renewing an AW ban are politically niave and thus undermine the point above. Democratic Congressmen and Senators are clamoring to introduce and pass a law removing firearms ownership restrictions in D.C. because the Democratic majorities are largely made up of blue dog and thus pro-gun Dems who need to prove their bona-fides back home to stay elected.

An AW ban does not have the votes to even get passed and then its unconstitutional.

The "please don't vote for Obama" campaign can be made from credibility instead and is much the stronger for it.

-Gene

fullrearview
08-23-2008, 9:14 PM
if an nra membership wasnt so mush i would get one!!! next year maybe

bruceflinch
08-23-2008, 9:38 PM
I've been an NRA member for over 10 years. But I do tire of the endless donation requests & offers to renew your NRA Membership every 3 months...

fullrearview
08-23-2008, 9:46 PM
ya it just not possible right now. baby, academy.....ar- fund:43:maybe not in that order though

aklon
08-24-2008, 1:50 AM

Find your local NRA Member's Council and attend one of their meetings. You can join there for $25, what you'd pay for a pizza and beer anyway, so why not?

paladin4415
08-24-2008, 8:03 AM

You can get an NRA membership for as little as $10.00 a year. I bet you can afford that.
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

dfletcher
08-24-2008, 8:18 AM
Gentlemen,

A thinking man's argument can easily be made to oppose an Obama presidency on the grounds of Supreme Court appointments and other judicial appointments.

However, the ongoing scare tactics about Congress renewing an AW ban are politically niave and thus undermine the point above. Democratic Congressmen and Senators are clamoring to introduce and pass a law removing firearms ownership restrictions in D.C. because the Democratic majorities are largely made up of blue dog and thus pro-gun Dems who need to prove their bona-fides back home to stay elected.

An AW ban does not have the votes to even get passed and then its unconstitutional.

The "please don't vote for Obama" campaign can be made from credibility instead and is much the stronger for it.

-Gene

And there are other issues on which to oppose him - taxes, foreign aid and health care and comparative worth, etc. However with a Democrat President and a Democrat Congress I believe we could risk being a Columbine or Lubys away from a AW bill of some sort.

tenpercentfirearms
08-24-2008, 9:15 AM
Gentlemen,

-Gene

Damn you Gene. If you start talking sense how am I going to scare people into buying guns now before they are all banned? I don't go ruining the computer business, you don't go ruining my gun business. :D

mikehaas
08-24-2008, 9:50 AM
I've been an NRA member for over 10 years. But I do tire of the endless donation requests & offers to renew your NRA Membership every 3 months...
Yes, it is the most received complaint received at NRA. But former NRA president Marion Hammer once told me "There's only one reason we do so much direct mail... because it works." And every time.

And it's necessary. Our NRA has no other source of funding (well, very little - they sublet part of the building) other than the member fees and donations of it's members. And NRA (actually Wayne's job) has to raise over half-a-million dollars EVERY DAY. So give the Association a break, ok?

I wish more would think a bit about that kind of thing, maybe fewer would complain about it. Just throw it away if you can't/won't donate. And if necessary, call them and tell them you don't want to receive any more fundraising letters (because they will stop sending them.) But gun-rights don't grow on trees, my friends. (Oooops, I didn't mean to sound like Mcain there :-)

But why complain on a public forum about it!?!?!?! Why complain publicly about NRA at all? You're a MEMBER - call them and ask!!! (800) NRA-3888. (NRA=672)

hoffmang
08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
And there are other issues on which to oppose him - taxes, foreign aid and health care and comparative worth, etc. However with a Democrat President and a Democrat Congress I believe we could risk being a Columbine or Lubys away from a AW bill of some sort.

I was concentrating on the issues from the 2A point of view. I do worry about his tax plans and worry more about his general spending plans and the combined spending of a Dem control of all three...

We're very far from an AW ban. The Dems would have to have one of our majority 5 SCOTUS justices die while in control of the two houses and the presidency to even have a chance to have the anti gunners want to pass an AW ban.

A new AW ban at the Federal level needs no Incorporation to go right back to the Scalia 5 and strengthen and expand Heller. Brady/LCAV/VPC know that would be a really bad idea.

-Gene

6172crew
08-24-2008, 12:13 PM
I just received an email from the walnut creek rep and she says shes looking forward to getting the AW law passed....thats after saying we have a right to own firearms.

I really do think if Obamma makes it he will start the push for AW laws again, these 2 guys are rabid gun grabbers and do what they think is right no matter what the majority wants.

I think the VP of the NRA is right about what will happen if the Dem gets into office.

anthonyca
08-24-2008, 1:36 PM
Gentlemen,

-Gene

Gene,
I appreciate all you do for gun rights and the second amendment. I was a little suprized to read this quote by you. When speaking of the reasons not to vote for Obama the assault weapons ban is not brought up by me unless its a calguns member or similar second amendment supporter. The other issues that you mention are exactly what we talk about along with a few other things he will damage in the USA.
Any second amendment enemies in power is bad for us. To have the guy who wrote the 1994 assault weapons ban as vice president and have a president who has said and written that he wants MANY more restrictions on gun owners, such as the total ban in DC that Heller finally overturned after around 30 years, is not advantagous for us. From watching politics since I was a preteen, ya I'm a loser in that regard, there seems to be a way that they will go about more Federal restrictions. They will probably write a bill that is for the "chiiiiilllldddreennn" and say it in a condescending way. This bill will say nothing to do with guns in the title, look back at the 1994 crime bill, thats where the assault weapons and hi cap ban came from. Then they will sneak in some bans even if its some kind of assault weapons tax stamp, like fully auto. They will try to dump it on the members of congress and not give them the time to read the whole thing, ie patriot act,where they had no time to possibly read it much less evaluate it, fed reserve act. ect. The bans and restrictions will be buried in there. Look at the 1986 machine gun ban for civilians, it buried into the national right to transport legal firearms across state lines which is what we wanted.

On the unconstitutional part, the last ban in 1994 was unconsitutional and it was law right? Heller took around 30 years if im not mistaken. I dont want to wait till I am over 60 to have the gun I want that is already illegal in california which is unconsitutional. There is a problem I am having right now with the Dept of justice and them messing up my DROS and saying I am denied when they have all the court documents stating that the charges were dropped. Aren't we innocent until proven guilty under the constitution?

I appiceate everything you do for us Gene and in no way meant to offend you. I know that you know more than the rest of us on many of these issues . Any way we can get more help on our side and more members is good so I think we should still try to get more of us involved and not give up any ground.

hoffmang
08-24-2008, 2:24 PM
Anthony,

I think your missing my point. A new AW ban is almost laughable politically.

Heller took about 5 years for reasons which shall remain nameless. However, Heller is now the law of the land. We won and the Second Amendment actually applies to the Federal Government.

However, we haven't applied Heller to the states. Give it another 12 months absolutely maximum... Then it will be a whole lot easier to get your personal situation cleared up in the general case. Once incorporated there will be lawyers who will take cases like yours for the Federal Section 1983 legal fee reimbursement. I think you might be surprised what a good threatening letter to DOJ BoF would do even today.

Trust me - I'm not voting for Obama and I don't recommend anyone else who is serious about gun rights vote for Obama. That said, fear mongering about an AW ban just shows that the person making that point is unsophisticated about the political reality. If you disagree with my take you have to explain this (http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-opposes-gun-bill-but-may-allow-vote-2008-07-31.html).

You have noticed that every city with a handgun ban is in the process of folding, right? Do you think that's because the gun control agenda is on the march?

-Gene

anthonyca
08-24-2008, 2:34 PM
Thank you for your reply Gene. As I said you know much more than the average gun owner. More facts we get the better we are.

djbooya
08-24-2008, 3:19 PM
You can get an NRA membership for as little as $10.00 a year. I bet you can afford that.
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

That's the current plan I'm on until I can afford a lifer membership.

thegratenate
08-24-2008, 9:16 PM
Heck, I just don't like the guy.

I don't care if he can or can't reinstate the AWB, I hate his guts for even wanting to. Why does he need to be able to pull it for me to dislike of him to be justified?

The guy rubs me wrong in so many ways it's hard to put my finger on what I dislike about him the most, so, for the sake of simplicity(which I love) I will just say that it is his stance on guns, and his desire to reduce their availability.

yellowfin
08-24-2008, 9:57 PM
You have noticed that every city with a handgun ban is in the process of folding, right? Do you think that's because the gun control agenda is on the march?-GeneRetreats can also be a draw play...

hoffmang
08-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Retreats can also be a draw play...

Following in your standard pattern, no progress is ever progress. Even wins are losses.

Make a case for how these Dems are being pressured now by the NRA and wouldn't be pressured in the future by the NRA? If the Dems end up with both houses and the white house do you think they want to lose Congress (again) over an AW ban that will be struck by the courts almost immediately?

-Gene

csmintel
08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
yeah give nra more money so they can spend on new S550 leases and call girls and steakhouses. playd out. they're getting old just look at the faces on them ads. they're getting fatter too...probably because we pay for steakhouses. they won't get anything form me. what did they do to ca? we have bans left and right. the're uselss...one big fraud. I'd look for other organization to support, not the bunch of fat old men with law degrees.

My answer to nra renewals that come every 3 weeks:

:90:

hoffmang
08-24-2008, 10:46 PM
yeah give nra more money so they can spend on new S550 leases and call girls and steakhouses. playd out. they're getting old just look at the faces on them ads. they're getting fatter too...probably because we pay for steakhouses. they won't get anything form me. what did they do to ca? we have bans left and right. the're uselss...one big fraud. I'd look for other organization to support, not the bunch of fat old men with law degrees.

The NRA with some help from the folks on here stopped two nasty bills this year. What exactly did some other pro gun group do in California this year?

And do you really think the Dems are rushing around to drop the DC firearms restrictions without pressure from the NRA?

-Gene

dfletcher
08-25-2008, 3:03 PM
Following in your standard pattern, no progress is ever progress. Even wins are losses.

Make a case for how these Dems are being pressured now by the NRA and wouldn't be pressured in the future by the NRA? If the Dems end up with both houses and the white house do you think they want to lose Congress (again) over an AW ban that will be struck by the courts almost immediately?

-Gene

I think there are two segments to the issue - first, that a bill is passed and
2nd, that it withstands SCOTUS review.

I agree it's a very long shot, but I think we base that an AW bill would not be passed because it would cost the Dems votes (if they are the majority and can do it without the Republicans) and, why pass a bill that will be struck down by the court.

I worry about the fluidity of public opinion and that the combination of an unfortunate event(s), a charismatic President and a pliable, Congress could get on board and pass AW legislation. Let's note the GCA of 68 was passed after two assassinations and with a Democrat Congress - ancient history I know, but there it is.

If an AW ban were ever perceived as being acceptable to non - shooters and AW owners marginalized, with the wrong people in Congress we could have a problem. Again, could happen not will happen.

And although reasonable people would presume the SCOTUS decision should preclude such a bill, I don't put it past the Democrat leadership to pass the bill and see what sticks; or to score political points.

Hell, then again maybe my friends are right - I'm being an optimist when I say I'm a pessimist.

yellowfin
08-25-2008, 3:10 PM
Following in your standard pattern, no progress is ever progress. Even wins are losses. No, temporary relief is not a win, but not a loss. It is just that. For the places that may have rolled back absolute bans, just how far from defacto bans will they be? Will they go Shall Issue? Or will they just do what DC did, reducing a 100% ban to a 99-95% ban by availability and technical barriers? I like a good start just as much as anyone, but scoring a touchdown in the first 5 minutes of the 1st quarter isn't winning the game in total. We may be winning at the time as the scoreboard says it now...or it's at least rolling on the right side at this very moment. How many times have we taken our status for granted, thinking the enemy has laid down when they're really just playing possum? We do that ourselves many times, laying low as we do in CA all too often, sometimes to tactical advantage and sometimes not.

Make a case for how these Dems are being pressured now by the NRA and wouldn't be pressured in the future by the NRA?If they win the election, exactly what pressure do they care about? Got a cure for Pelosi's career? Biden? Kerry? Kennedy? Schumer? Feinstein? The nasty ones stay put no matter what and the new crop of replacements IN BOTH PARTIES bow to them when it's in the middle of the year. During an election even the leftists play hunter for the cameras. Do you count that as a win? Pressure, sure, but does it really change things for the long haul? Of course not. Even if they hesitate for a couple years the problem is not stopped PERMANENTLY. Putting points on the board isn't winning the game. A win is not a win until it is a permanent win. Permanent win means the opposition isn't just stalled, stymied, or on the defense, but no longer existing as a contesting party. The charade up to November 9th is entertaining but not substantive. What counts is what happens between votes. Show me what the effects are afterwards. We aren't guaranteed squat by "pressure" if the wrong people are in power, no matter what. They're not going anywhere. They haven't and they won't until we destroy the factory that produces the anti 2A stuff. We're just squashing ants, then they hide in the ant hill and come up when the time is right.

Consider the Punic Wars. Rome and Carthage were at each others throats for a few centuries. Both successful, tenancious, and savy. Carthage had the best naval facilities and fleet in the world at that time. It was a coin toss at any point as to who would win, and it was a long process with lots of back and forth where both sides had short run victories. Ultimately, though, because they didn't finish the job Carthage found itself burned to the ground and salt plowed into the fields, ultimately and permanently defeated.

That is to win, to plow salt into the field of one's vanquished opponents so that they may not sow seed again, to grow to rise against you again. Right now we're just fighting back and forth, putting a few points on the board here and there. It's not a win, it's points. You can score 100 points in a basketball game and lose the game. What matters, the 100 points or the 2 more than you did that means no trip to March Madness, season over? How many battles did Napoleon win? How about Rommel? General Lee? If your enemy isn't vanquished, you didn't win, you just bought time that may or not be yours.

We need to plow salt into the fields of the opposition. Focus on knocking over the ant hill not just stepping on ants.
If the Dems end up with both houses and the white house do you think they want to lose Congress (again) over an AW ban that will be struck by the courts almost immediately?

-GeneWhat "loss" did they have, ultimately? A few years at best before the R party watered itself down, lost initiative and resolve, and is now nothing more than a lite version of the donkey party on a national basis. NJ, MA, etc. technically have R party on the books, but the rinos they and others put in office are absolutely in no way a deterrent or obstacle to the other and effectively do worse by diluting the remaining R's who would be doing our work but instead are in bed with the enemy. We have little or no traction in reversing the horrid mess left by Prohibition and the FDR years which has sat festering for decades. We merely take acceptable losses and weak efforts to merely delay more efforts of the neocommunists--nearly nothing to turn course away from them. "Reaching across the aisle" -- ONLY TO DO WHAT THE DONKEY PARTY WANTS. I don't vote for the opposition to get what they want in a negotiated form, I want them STOPPED. PERMANENTLY.

They wouldn't dare pass an AWB before November 9th. But after, there is absolutely no guarantee of anything. I'm in the insurance business. If you don't have what you own insured, you're just one accident away from losing it. Then what do you have? If you don't have it permanently, you don't have it at all, you're just borrowing it from someone who could destroy it, but simply isn't doing so now. The antis can simply wait a year or two, let the public forget, then pass whatever they want when the public tolerates it and/or worships the ground they walk on. They've done it time and time again.

hoffmang
08-25-2008, 7:15 PM
You really think that the Democratic party doesn't care that it lost control of the House and Senate for a decade over the original AW ban?

How many gun control voters showed up when Gore and Kerry lost?

Also, have you ever thought that as a participant in the Insurance business all you see is loss or potential loss?

-Gene

yellowfin
08-25-2008, 7:28 PM
Being in the insurance and investment biz means I spot vulnerabilities, plan ahead, identify uncertainties and liabilities and eliminate them. And fix the problem, not leave leaky faucets or wait till next time. Would you like your retirement to be 1/3 of what you want, or 1/2 of what it's going to cost and maybe go up if you're lucky? If you had to go to the hospital, would the ambulance getting you there at half a mile an hour be acceptable to you? How about insurance that doesn't cover heart attacks, cancer, car accidents, and anything outside your house? If I had the kind of tolerance for kinks, gaps, dunnos, coin tosses, half answers, and maybes that is given to 2A rights in this country and especially this state I'd be thrown out of the industry and any other job of any responsibility. Low standards in my line of work mean you're sunk at best and at worst sued, fined, imprisoned, or all of the above. That anyone place less expectation on the Constitution of the United States and freedom of people thereof is beyond apalling.

anthonyca
08-25-2008, 8:50 PM
I didn't mean for the post to get this personal. Good points by all and I listen to all sides in every debate I am in, even if it with an anti.

The reason for the post is to enforce that we NEED to get more gun owners involved with gun rights groups. Gene is much more informed than I am on these issues and usually knows what is going on behind the scenes.I wasn't trying to say that he was wrong in anyway. It would be a shame though if many gun owners get complacent and say "its being taken care of, I don,t need to do anything more."

If we could increase our numbers by a significant amount we can make much more progress in my opinion. Any gun owner has the obligation to protect and further increase our rights back to constitutional levels in my opinion. How can we get more of the 80million gun owners involved was my main point. By Clinton acknowledging how powerfully the NRA is with only 4million members imagine if we could get that number up to 10million. At the same time increasing the calguns foundation fund by 50percent. Also other gun rights groups membership and funds increased at the same time. Point being we need to get more people involved.

Does anyone have anymore ideas on how to get more people involved? I know many people with guns in California that have never heard of calguns and the great work they do. Recently I was talking to a friend who has built a couple olls and he had never heard of calguns and what they did to help make that even possible with out him being in jail. I myself found this site by default by doing a google search for researching a DOJ paperwork problem that is violating my constitutional rights.

So what can we do? Some range shoots sponsored by calguners? Imagine if on a certen date there was a statewide group buy on ammo and it was made public by an email and word of mouth campaign. The discounts could be significant and a boon to calguns for legal defense of our rights. I don't know if any of this will work but I do know that not enough people are standing up for their rights. I thank the NRA and calguns for without groups like them we would have no second amendment rights.

So what are your sugestions for us getting stronger?

hoffmang
08-25-2008, 9:17 PM
Would you like your retirement to be 1/3 of what you want, or 1/2 of what it's going to cost and maybe go up if you're lucky?

I've made it my business to not focus on the ways in which things could go wrong but instead to focus my effort on the ways in which things could go right far beyond conventional wisdom. Some people call these black swans (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Swan-Impact-Highly-Improbable/dp/1400063515/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219724055&sr=8-1). As a result, my retirement will be 30/3's of what I wanted it to be in my wildest dreams at 18.

Worrying about that which you already have under control tends to distract one from creating the reality necessary to succeed. The equivalent in the gun rights context is not seriously understanding the political and legal implications of Heller and how those changes will end up being translated into day to day reality. Most people suffer from a lack of understanding what's possible - not a lack of understanding so called conventional wisdom.

-Gene

08-25-2008, 9:30 PM

Go away http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/dirkthedaring85/troll_pig.jpg

packnrat
08-25-2008, 9:42 PM
“ The NRA had a great night. They beat both Speaker Tom Foley and Jack Brooks, two of the ablest members of Congress, who had warned me this would happen. Foley was the first Speaker to be defeated in more than a century. Jack Brooks had supported the NRA for years and had led the fight against the assault weapons ban in the House, but as chairman of the Judiciary Committee he had voted for the overall crime bill even after the ban was put into it. The NRA was an unforgiving master: one strike and you're out. The gun lobby claimed to have defeated nineteen of the twenty-four members on its hit list. They did at least that much damage and could rightly claim to have made Gingrich the House Speaker. ”
—Bill Clinton, My Life pp 629-30

http://www.rense.com/general62/gns.htm
There are 80million gun owners in the USA and only about 4million NRA members. The 4 million are the only ones who are even somewhat listened to by the enemies of the 2nd amd. There are many great gun ownership groups such as calguns but mot of the members of the smaller groups are also members of the NRA. We need a major push to get more people to join these great protectors of the US constitution, esp the 2nd amendment, which we all know is the protector of the rest of the BILL OF RIGHTS. Every gunstore or online site should have a request to join the NRA perhaps adding a coupon of some ammo of someone joins. People need to know the assault we are under. I keep hearing" that will never happen in the usa." People dont understand it happened in 1994 and just sunsetted and is already written and will happen again and worse if we dont act.

I was recently in a disagreement with my brother who is a strong gun rights supporter and has many nice guns including a Barrett 6.8.that will be banned Obama and Biden pass what they have both put in writing that they will do. He lives in free for now Colorado.The disagreement was his not being a member of the NRA or any other guns rights group. He is very well informed of the lies and junk science put out by the enemies of the 2nd. My point to him is is doesn't matter how well informed you are it matters if your voice is heard and nobody but your friends and family hear you on this.

His not being heard I asked if I can pay for his membership to the NRA. I am hopefully that after he is a member he will stay one and recruit others of which there are over 80million. This is the beginning of the end of the 2nd amendment. This is the greatest threat we have ever seen to our rights. How can any gun owner sleep at night without taking action?

want to pay for me too?
and i can use YOUR address for all the junk mail that arives in my name, just do not forward it just shread it all.

hoffmang
08-25-2008, 9:57 PM
want to pay for me too?
and i can use YOUR address for all the junk mail that arives in my name, just do not forward it just shread it all.

If the mail bothers you, call the NRA and ask them to not send it. They'll happily opt NRA Members out from all but the important mailings (ballot, etc.)

-Gene

CoinStar
08-26-2008, 2:05 PM
If the mail bothers you, call the NRA and ask them to not send it. They'll happily opt NRA Members out from all but the important mailings (ballot, etc.)

-Gene

This should be a sticky somewhere as it comes up repeatedly in the world of us gun nuts.

Here's the link to the NRA FAQ (https://www.nramemberservices.org/faq.asp) that details how to do this. This is the pertinent text of that FAQ:

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

It's really simple, even moreso now with the email option.

---

As for all the "FUD" regarding an Obama win and/or the Democratic platform on the whole, Bill Clinton, etc., etc., it's rather pointless to discuss on a California based forum with a presumably California voter base.

The fact of the matter is Obama is going to win California as a state. That's not meant to sound defeatist; it's reality.

I feel so confident of this being the case that I will put forth the offer to buy a new membership and/or to renew or upgrade the membership to the NRA for every CalGuns poster if I'm wrong.

I'm dead serious about it too.

GenLee
08-26-2008, 2:15 PM
I feel so confident of this being the case that I will put forth the offer to buy a new membership and/or to renew or upgrade the membership to the NRA for every CalGuns poster if I'm wrong.

Lifetime Membership? Your on, Goooooooo McCain :D

berto
08-26-2008, 2:21 PM
The fact of the matter is Obama is going to win California as a state. That's not meant to sound defeatist; it's reality.

I'm a life member so go McCain and go NRA.