PDA

View Full Version : Flashback: Biden to gun owner, “If that’s his baby, he needs help”

08-23-2008, 1:18 PM
Hotair: (http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/23/flashback-biden-to-gun-owner-if-thats-his-baby-he-needs-help/)
And to think, I once said we wouldn’t get much mileage out of this clip.
Here’s Greasy Joe at his best: contemptuous, self-aggrandizing, and willing to hurt his own side in the interests of, ahem, straight-shooting.
Listen to the audience murmur nervously when he says, “I don’t know that he’s mentally qualified to own that gun.”

E9aIb-IplqY

This, of course, came during the same debate in which The One extended his holy hand to Iran and Hugo Chavez.

The left side of Calguns is awfully quiet today.
;)

chrisdesoup
08-23-2008, 1:26 PM
New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson was asked to respond first. CNN host Anderson Cooper noted that Richardson has “one of the highest NRA ratings.” Richardson ran so fast from his record, you could see the Road Runner puff of cartoon smoke billowing at the base of his podium. “The issue here, I believe, is instant background checks,” he sputtered. “Nobody who has a criminal background or is mentally ill should be able to get a weapon.” Richardson babbled for a few more painful seconds about “attacking poverty, bringing people together, dealing with those kids in the ghettos that are heavy users of gun violence,” while the liberals in the audience sat stone-cold silent.
-The National Review

gunsmith
08-23-2008, 2:17 PM
LOL,Biden is a QUACK! it still will be a tight race.
I do however feel a lot better now.
this will be fun.

08-23-2008, 2:40 PM
In June 2006, straight-talking Joe Bidet went on Meet the Press and demanded accountability from the administration for the so-called Haditha massacre. Biden spoke about the incident as if the accused marines were guilty (before a trial) and called on the administration to proceed — and to be treated — as if there were a cover-up at the highest levels of government.

Well, it turned out Biden was wrong about Haditha. Eight of the Marines charged for the “massacre” and “coverup” have already been exonerated.

RUSSERT: Let me ask you a last question on Iraq about Haditha and some of the other alleged atrocities. The fact is, our government knew about that for some time. How high up the chain, based on your information, do you think this goes?

SEN. BIDEN: The secretary of defense.

MR. RUSSERT: And what should be done?

SEN. BIDEN: He should be gone. He shouldn’t be in his office tomorrow morning. But I’m so tired of saying this on your show. I’ve been saying this for two years.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, the president knew about it in March.

SEN. BIDEN: Well, we can’t get rid of the president. He’s there for two and a half more years. There is a system of accountability. The system of accountability is, it used to be a gentlemanly thing, as they say, when you make serious mistakes, you step forward and you acknowledge them and you walk away. Presidents can’t and shouldn’t do that. Secretaries of defense can and should.

Maybe Biden was right about Rumsfeld. I’m not on the Foreign Relations Committee nor do I profess any special knowledge about the tactics of war or strategic blunders of rebuilding a nation. I leave Biden to pretend to know about those areas. But shouldn’t a veteran senator, supposedly renowned for his gravitas and understanding of the world stage, at the very least, caution us to wait for an investigation and trial of the Haditha Marines before jumping to a politically expedient conclusion?

So will Bidet take his own advice and apologize to those eight marines?

navyinrwanda
08-23-2008, 3:47 PM
Here's the full clip, including both Bill Richardson's and Joe Biden's responses...

nkavwuWE5eQ

Now that Biden's part of the Obama campaign, I wonder if his reputation for authenticity will be supplanted by a newfound respect for "nuance" — or is it equivocation?

yellowfin
08-23-2008, 4:25 PM
It bothers me how no matter how many times the left shoot themselves in the foot, they still continue to stand.

HowardW56
08-23-2008, 4:51 PM
Hotair: (http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/23/flashback-biden-to-gun-owner-if-thats-his-baby-he-needs-help/)
And to think, I once said we wouldn’t get much mileage out of this clip.
Here’s Greasy Joe at his best: contemptuous, self-aggrandizing, and willing to hurt his own side in the interests of, ahem, straight-shooting.
Listen to the audience murmur nervously when he says, “I don’t know that he’s mentally qualified to own that gun.”

E9aIb-IplqY

This, of course, came during the same debate in which The One extended his holy hand to Iran and Hugo Chavez.

The left side of Calguns is awfully quiet today.
;)

I am not defending Sen Biden by any stretch. But I think the question was presented poorly. He set himself up for public ridecule and made gun owners look like we're obsessed...

Even if we are, thats a private issue....

tombinghamthegreat
08-23-2008, 5:03 PM
Looks like Biden might be enough for conseratives to back McCain for better or worse...

aplinker
08-23-2008, 5:05 PM

That's not murmuring, it's laughing. :confused:

sorensen440
08-23-2008, 6:14 PM
what a tool

Matt C
08-23-2008, 6:40 PM
I am not defending Sen Biden by any stretch. But I think the question was presented poorly. He set himself up for public ridecule and made gun owners look like we're obsessed...

Even if we are, thats a private issue....

And guess who picked THAT video question on gun control... Thanks CNN.

AR-shogun
08-23-2008, 9:06 PM
The person in the Video was a perfect example of what some Americans see as gun owners. Yes that is why he was used. Now if they would have used a Black American in a Business suite or a Women in a nice dress or Business attire he would have not said that what he did.
As we all know Gun Owners are portrayed as uneducated Knuckle draggers .

Ford8N
08-24-2008, 4:17 AM
The person in the Video was a perfect example of what some Americans see as gun owners. Yes that is why he was used. Now if they would have used a Black American in a Business suite or a Women in a nice dress or Business attire he would have not said that what he did.

That is why CNN used that clip.

I would have sent Retired Officer Leroy Pyle to ask the question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0

Annie Oakley
08-24-2008, 8:03 AM

I'm sure I wouldn't have presented my question on gun control like that, but how many of us know someone like that who is just as safe as we are with our firearms ? Truthfully, I think he's tame compared to people like Ted Nugent or Hulk Hogan who also owns MG's. To use his quote against him, I think Biden made an admission against his own self interest and now that he's Obama's running mate, he will take Obama with him. I hope Obama and Biden continue to wrap themselves in the persona of "the one" that leads the other anti-gun groups in their quest to outlaw firearms. Middle America has a very different view of firearms than we do in California and denegrading someone because they refer to their firearm as their baby will alienate alot of people in the "shall issue" states. BTW, can someone tell me how to post pictures, because :useless: