PDA

View Full Version : SF To Be Sued By Family Of Slain Father, 2 Sons

vladbutsky
08-23-2008, 9:22 AM
Watch video in the top right corner too.
I love the Newsom's response ovethere...

http://cbs5.com/local/ramos.bologna.lawsuit.2.801492.html

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ― The city of San Francisco is partially responsible for the fatal shooting of a father and his two sons by a gang member who was shielded from deportation by the city's "extreme" immigration sanctuary policy, the slain family's attorney said in a claim filed Friday.

Tony Bologna, 48, and his two sons, 20-year-old Michael and 16-year-old Matthew, were gunned down at an intersection in June. Police arrested Edwin Ramos, a native of El Salvador, who they say mistook the Bolognas for rival gang members.

Ramos has been charged with three counts of murder and is awaiting trial. He has pleaded not guilty.

The claim states that the city knew Ramos was a member of Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, with a violent past, but failed to report him as required by federal law to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

The claim alleges the city knew Ramos "would likely murder men simply because they appeared to be Latino or African American."

"When a city is violating federal law and that violation of law leads to horrific consequences like this, then the city has clearly acted in a negligent manner," said one of the Bologna's attorneys, Kris Kobach, an immigration law professor at University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law.

Kobach, who also served as former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft's chief adviser on immigration law and border security, said San Francisco's "extreme" sanctuary policy for illegal immigrants essentially bars police from contacting federal authorities when they arrest an illegal immigrant.

Ramos, 21, had been arrested as a juvenile for assault and attempted robbery, but was not deported because the city's juvenile justice system did not report him to federal immigration officials.

Matt Dorsey, a spokesman for City Attorney Dennis Herrera, said the office had not yet reviewed the claim, so would not comment.

The city has 45 days to respond to the wrongful death claim, which is a precursor to a lawsuit.

Mayor Gavin Newsom has called the city's policy "misguided" and "costly" for the city, and has said San Francisco will no longer shield young offenders who are illegal immigrants from federal officials.

Saigon1965
08-23-2008, 9:26 AM
Where's the vid link?

Suvorov
08-23-2008, 9:37 AM
Mayor Gavin Newsom has called the city's policy "misguided" and "costly" for the city, and has said San Francisco will no longer shield young offenders who are illegal immigrants from federal officials.

I thought he said it was the NRAs fault. :confused:

This guy is the #1 reason I will not spend any money in SF. "Costly for the city"? It was a lot more costly for the slain family don't you think? I'd love to see that clown voted out of office, but it seems the people of SF have replaced traditional religion with a "Cult of Newsom."

yellowfin
08-23-2008, 9:48 AM
Can they tack on additional suit against them for disarming the 3 slain folks, giving them no chance of self defense to have possibly walked away from this?

JeffM
08-23-2008, 9:50 AM
Good. Give'm hell.

56Chevy
08-23-2008, 2:29 PM
She should sue for 1 trillion dollars.

ryno066
08-23-2008, 2:33 PM
I would sue for Gavin Newsom soul........to late he doesn't have one.

anthonyca
08-23-2008, 2:57 PM
Why aren't all the officials involved with shielding this MS13 tattooed member ,after being arrested for 3 DIFFERENT felonies on different occasions over a couple years, bring prosecuted federally for harboring a felon and harboring an illegal alien? These are both federal felonies.

CCWFacts
08-23-2008, 3:03 PM
Why aren't all the officials involved with shielding this MS13 tattooed member ,after being arrested for 3 DIFFERENT felonies on different occasions over a couple years, bring prosecuted federally for harboring a felon and harboring an illegal alien? These are both federal felonies.

Ditto. The officials who did this should answer for their crimes, crimes which have caused real harm to the residents these officials are supposed to be working for. Illegal alien felons are inherently extremely dangerous. They are people willing and eager to break every rule, they have no connection to this place, and they don't care about keeping clean records or being valuable members of society. They're violent outsiders. They should be dealt with harshly.

gazzavc
08-23-2008, 3:05 PM
Looks like someone was listening to us here at Calguns !!

I hope they take 'em to the cleaners.

Real Simple soluton,

The family of the murder victim needs to sue not only Newsome , but everyone of the stupid f**ktards that insisted on the policy of juvenile protection. When people start sueing the pants off of the officials who create the problem in the first place.

Surely there must be a clever lawyer somewhere that can make something like this stick??

Gary

tankerman
08-23-2008, 3:12 PM
Why isn't the US Attorney General's office involved in this issue. This is a matter of protecting US citizens from foreign invaders.

The City of SF supports foreign invaders, including foreign based organized crime.

These scumbags should be viewed as terrorists and Newsome and his political lacky's should be considered as giving refuge to terrorist and prosecuted as such.

BillCA
08-23-2008, 3:40 PM
I've long advocated cutting off all federal funding to cities who put forth these idiotic and illegal practices.

I'm glad the family is suing... their attorneys should hire a good PR consultant too. Keep this one in the news. That way, when Gavin Newsome runs for governor, someone can ask him why we should support someone who believes it's okay to ignore federal laws, shield illegal aliens from the law and harbor violent criminals.

.22guy
08-23-2008, 4:16 PM
I've long advocated cutting off all federal funding to cities who put forth these idiotic and illegal practices.

I agree 1000%. Don't want to follow our rules? Then no money for you.

I have to wonder though if the wife/mother of the slain voted for the idiots currently running that city.

yellowfin
08-23-2008, 5:17 PM
^ Doesn't matter how they voted, they got him anyway. The system is messed up by having people like Newsome on the ballot in the first place, then rigged to where no matter what anyone does they get the worst anyway.

MadMex
08-23-2008, 5:33 PM
Why isn't the US Attorney General's office involved in this issue. This is a matter of protecting US citizens from foreign invaders.

The City of SF supports foreign invaders, including foreign based organized crime.

These scumbags should be viewed as terrorists and Newsome and his political lacky's should be considered as giving refuge to terrorist and prosecuted as such.
+1
Why arenít the Feds using RICO to flush this POS and Newsome down the toilet?

I hope a precedent is established and lays blame on the city. It will serve notice to all the other POS sanctuary cities. Bankrupt the mofo city and these turds will be voted out of office!

nobody_special
08-23-2008, 6:11 PM

Sounds good... in fact, I'll advocate cutting off all federal funding to all non-federal agencies, just on general principles. But that's another story...

56Chevy
08-23-2008, 7:43 PM
+1
Why arenít the Feds using RICO to flush this POS and Newsome down the toilet?
They don't deserve the dignity of a toilet. Straight to the sewer is better.

Vinz
08-23-2008, 8:00 PM
Reason #3 why I own 2 houses in SF and refuse to live in them.

Mayor Nuisance has his head so far up his azz he can see Tijuana.

vinz

yellowfin
08-23-2008, 8:22 PM
He's still in his job and has no reason to think otherwise and has all the people he wants to like him eagerly doing so. He doesn't care what you or I say, so why should he (thinking from his perspective) do any differently? He does what he wants and gets what he wants for doing so. The city going broke and people dying because of his stupidity simply isn't his problem as far as he's concerned.

wutzu
08-23-2008, 9:57 PM
Suing the government? Sorry, but they'll have better luck pissing up a rope.

Sutcliffe
08-24-2008, 8:16 AM
Sadly, if anything ever happens it will be the taxpayer that foots the bill for Newsom's follies. Meanwhile he's jetsetting around the country at our expense and banging hollywood starlets.

vladbutsky
08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
http://cbs5.com/local/ramos.bologna.lawsuit.2.801492.html

anthonyca
08-24-2008, 2:09 PM
Would anyone here be willing to sign some kind of petition to get these city leaders prosecuted? How would we even go about this? Prob would have to get some congressman start some kind of hearing or something right? We should do this as we know this will continue if we don't. I have a friend of a friend who can help me start a web page we can forward to everyone on our mail lists. Most people are very upset about this who have heard about it. It was not covered extensively in the media in my opinion. Not as much as some dumb broad on the cable news channels receives.

USMCM16A2
08-24-2008, 2:33 PM
Guys,

Newsome and his kind have NO sympathy for the losses of others, all he gives a %^&* about is how he looks in the eyes of the media. The head attorney for ICE in that region was on KFI with Ken & John about 2 weeks ago, and he is also a worth piece of toad excrement.
He was bluntly asked by John, "Why the hell are you not doing something about this crap?" All he could come up with was some PC answer that did not say a damned thing, and just how ineffective the Feds are on this issue. So the idiots in the Federal government should have the %^&*( sued out of them too!!!!!!!!!.
Where is the outrage, *****face Newsome blames the NRA, but lets see, if the illegal POS had been in jail, or deported these three men would be alive today. And since gun-control is so effective where did these little hunk of poo get his pistol, at a gun-store ????????. MMMMMMM My .02 USMCM16A2

hill billy
08-24-2008, 5:33 PM
Suing the government? Sorry, but they'll have better luck pissing up a rope.

Not that I don't agree with you generally, but it's a good thing Dick heller didn't feel that way. I hope NEwsome hangs, figuratively, of course.;)

rrr70
08-24-2008, 5:54 PM
Was watching Angela Alioto the other day. She was one of the co-sponsors of sanctuary city policy. She was very deffencive and refused to take responsibility for the death of the family.

I have a new Marlin 22lr and would like to use that *****$ole Ramos for the target practice.

http://www.langkawi.dk/smileys/q27.gif http://www.langkawi.dk/smileys/q29.gif

Thefeeder
08-24-2008, 6:51 PM
The simple matter of it all is hit them were it hurts, the pocket book. The jury in this case should award a ton of money to the family. When the money starts flowing to all victims of this policy....the policy will end.

BillCA
08-25-2008, 2:53 AM
The simple matter of it all is hit them were it hurts, the pocket book.

The policy will end when legislators who create unlawful schemes like this as "political statements" are held accountable and prosecuted.

It's one thing to for cities to pass non-binding resolutions or to make laws for the public-good. It's quite another to claim it's a "political statement" when you harbor federal felons because you disagree with Federal laws or policy.

I'd be just as adamant that the city get slapped around for being a "sanctuary city" for illegals as I would if a city declared all of California's gun laws void within their city and said they'd "uphold the 2nd Amendment". Both attitudes are wrong if we are to live in a land of laws and justice.

Wcoldnav
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
The simple matter of it all is hit them were it hurts, the pocket book. The jury in this case should award a ton of money to the family. When the money starts flowing to all victims of this policy....the policy will end.

That does not hurt Newsom or anyone else at city hall, that just hurts those of us that pay taxes in SF.

Full Clip
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I hope the family ends up OWNING f-ing S.F. City Hall...
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/1663280-San_Francisco_City_Hall-San_Francisco.jpg
(BTW, love this photo, someone must have Photoshopped out all the homeless people usually hanging around there...)