PDA

View Full Version : Legal to transfer this gun right now or not?

JSpicoli
08-22-2008, 6:50 AM
Well my brother in law just moved back in last week and I want to buy his glock but he hasn't sent in his paperwork to register it yet. I was wondering can I still buy it from him before he sends his registration in or does he have to register it first and how long would that take?

JSpicoli
08-22-2008, 6:51 AM
Oh dude I almost forgot, last one. Can he loan it to me right now for that 30 days thing?

JSpicoli
08-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Bump

ke6guj
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
12072(f)(2)(A) On or after January 1, 1998, within 60 days of bringing a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person into this state, a personal handgun importer shall do one of the following:
(i) Forward by prepaid mail or deliver in person to the Department of Justice, a report prescribed by the department including information concerning that individual and a description of the firearm in question.
(ii) Sell or transfer the firearm in accordance with the provisions of subdivision (d) or in accordance with the provisions of an exemption from subdivision (d).
(iii) Sell or transfer the firearm to a dealer licensed pursuant to Section 12071.
(iv) Sell or transfer the firearm to a sheriff or police department.

It looks like he needs to either register it to himself as a personal handgun importer OR sell it to someone else within 60 days. So, he should be able to PPT to you, but he would need to have a CA ID in order to start the transfer.

Glock22Fan
08-22-2008, 1:15 PM
He can PPT it to you without registering it, provided that you are qualified to own it, including you having an HSC.