PDA

View Full Version : 1187P questions.

taloft
08-21-2008, 5:09 PM
Hi folks,

A friend of mine has a 1187 Police. He is having difficulty getting it to cycle reliably. Apparently, after shooting between 50 to 100 rounds it starts acting up. He says that he cleans it thoroughly and is lubing it but, it doesn't help. I'm thinking either he is running it dry or perhaps he isn't cleaning it as well as he thinks. Anyone have any suggestions that I can pass on to him?

Also, He would like to get his hands on a trap barrel for it. Are there any recommendations regarding price, location, etc? Anything I should make him aware of regarding doing this? He's not really a computer user so, I'm doing this on his behalf. Although, he does suffer from BRD.:D

Since I don't own a 1187 I thought I'd ask you good people. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

trapshot68
08-21-2008, 5:14 PM
possibly the piston rings and seals???

Super clean them, or replace.

http://www.remington.com/products/accessories/gun_parts/miscellaneous.asp

On a side not, my 1187 shot every time, all the time. So dunno. But try that area. Also make sure there's not crap in the gas port.

taloft
08-21-2008, 8:09 PM
The gas port being partially fouled initially would explain it. I suppose as resistance increases do to fouling, bad rings would reach a point where they couldn't function properly. Same with the gas port. Symptoms would go away after cleaning only to return with further fouling. A definite possibility.

That's as good a place as any to start. I'll pass it along and post how it turns out. Thanks for the information, it is much appreciated.:)

damon1272
08-21-2008, 9:36 PM
If he has stripped it down before. Make sure that he has reassembled the gas rings correctly. Also he should try standard load in it rather than light loads or target loads.

AngelDecoys
08-21-2008, 9:51 PM
The gas port being partially fouled initially would explain it.

My thought as well. I have a 11-87P. Never had an issue and its been used most everywhere without malfunctions (desert included).

A buddy of mine had his ported (bad move). It didn't cycle properly until he removed/clipped a turn off the spring. Now his works fine, but was an issue for him for months.

Let us know when you have it figured out.