View Full Version : Question on PTP

08-21-2008, 7:15 AM
I need to do PTP ( buying a gun ) and I lost my driver license. Can I use US passport instead?

08-21-2008, 7:23 AM


14. What identification is required for a person to purchase a firearm?

Clear evidence of identity and age is defined as a valid California driver's license or a valid California Identification Card issued by the DMV. Military identification is also acceptable if accompanied by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California, but the dealer must retain copies of both documents.

Temporary driver licenses and temporary identification cards (issued without photo) are not accepted forms of proof of identity and age.

(PC section 12071(c)(1))