PDA

View Full Version : More Tyrannical B.S. from OC Supervisor Moorlach

steadyrock
08-20-2008, 2:20 PM
I guess it's not enough that the guy gets to appoint the Sheriff of his dreams, it seems OC Supervisor John Moorlach will stop at nothing short of eliminating all his adversaries and punishing those who appear threatening. From today's Register:

Asking for public records is “antagonistic,” a sign of a bad relationship and should be grounds for temporarily withholding cash from a county-sponsored program, Supervisor John Moorlach told his Board of Supes colleagues on Tuesday.

Moorlach wanted to hold off deciding whether to grant some $54,000 in funding to the doctor’s group, the Orange County Medical Assn., because it filed a request under the California Public Records Act for financial information from CalOptima. Moorlach is a board member for CalOptima, a local version of MediCal.

(full article at http://taxdollars.freedomblogging.com/2008/08/20/want-your-county-cash-better-not-request-public-records/)

AFAIK, there's no law against being "antagonistic". If there is, Moorlach should be cited immediately for his idiotic comments about gun racks during the Sheriff's candidate interviews. Apparently Pat Bates (my supervisor) backed him up as well. There is no reason for him to "hold off deciding whether to grant [the funds]" other than to send a strong message that you do not taunt Moorlach or his buddies without paying a strong price. Words cannot describe how sick I am of these five idiots. OUT! ALL OF THEM! OUT!

SteveH
08-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm still waiting to see what Mooreloch is going to do about his illegal county car/fund perk. He ran as a taxpayers advocate but the BOS appears to be illegally using taxpayers funds for their transportation allowances.

Foghlai
08-21-2008, 1:52 PM
When is the next election for this person?

DIG
08-21-2008, 1:52 PM
... We still have a first amendment, don't we?

good question to ask the "don't tase me bro!" guy. :p

-

steadyrock
08-21-2008, 1:55 PM
Full quote (in case you missed it):

AFAIK, there's no law against being "antagonistic". If there is, Moorlach should be cited immediately for his idiotic comments about gun racks during the Sheriff's candidate interviews.

He is using the "antagonist" label as justification to discriminate against a group checking into the finances of his CalOptima buds (where he is a board member). I'm just pointing out that he has been just as antagonistic in the past. Could you really not understand that, or are you cherry-picking my remarks out of context for some other purpose?

steadyrock
08-21-2008, 2:05 PM
I quoted your remarks, I didn't cherry-pick them.

Cherry picking is quoting only a selected portion of comments, without regard to the greater context. That's what you did.

Now, back to the subject at hand, how can you lawfully discriminate against someone filing a public records request? We still have a Freedom of Information Act, don't we?

Theseus
08-21-2008, 3:02 PM
Then what needs to happen is that we nail this guy to the wall! I don't care what the motives, acting in this manner needs to come with punishment.

Does anyone know when his next re-election campaign is? Or can we find enough to impeach or re-call him?

GaryPowersLives
08-21-2008, 3:04 PM
Then what needs to happen is that we nail this guy to the wall! I don't care what the motives, acting in this manner needs to come with punishment.

Does anyone know when his next re-election campaign is? Or can we find enough to impeach or re-call him?

steadyrock
08-21-2008, 3:18 PM

The best thing we can do is GOTV and educate people in his district about what's going down. Moorlach is a smart guy and (to my knowledge) doesn't cross legal lines the way Carona did, so impeachment or recall is not in question ATM. He represents the Second District of Orange County, which includes the cities of Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, and Stanton, as well as the western half of the city of Garden Grove and the unincorporated areas of Rossmoor, Sunset Beach, and Surfside. If you live there, you can campaign for his opposition and vote against him. If you don't, you won't have a direct say in his electoral bid. Nevertheless for those of us that do not live in his district, letters to the editor of the OC Register, letters to the Board of Supervisors, and word of mouth of his actions (such as this thread) are extremely helpful in spreading the word about the strongarm and warning shot tactics that he plays with.

yellowfin
08-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I find it interesting that his last name happens to match the name of a race of mutated cannibals that take control of a post disaster future in H.G. Wells' The Time Machine.

GuyW
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Moorlach and every pol is counting on the fact that people have short memories, and emotions die out....