Triple

morrcarr67
02-15-2016, 6:05 PM
Exactly

:iagree:

Sent with my opposable thumbs

Win231
02-15-2016, 6:21 PM
I've never owned a Desert Eagle but what you describe seems like part of the design. The firing pin sits in a channel that is longer than the firing pin for safety reasons. The hammer does hit it & the FP overcomes the FP spring then the spring moves the pin away from the cartridge until you pull the trigger again. Without that design, the FP would be resting on the cartridge's primer & would fire the gun if it was dropped. That's how the 1911 also works.

You can safely test the firing pin's operation in your house. After making sure the gun is empty, drop a pencil in the barrel, eraser end first. Cock the hammer & pull the trigger (point the gun up). If the pencil is launched out of the barrel, it's working the way it should.

Dooder
02-15-2016, 6:37 PM
I just picked it up so I haven't got a chance to fire it yet.

I had a pen but it doesn't fit on the bolts face. It's basically a huge ar bolt and has a huge ejector pin that takes up a lot of area. The tip works but that's protruding into the firing pin channel. So I still can't tell if the pin is protruding the bolt face correctly.

It'll be a few days till I get to the range. I bet it works fine, just a little tripped out at the way it is. Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

TKM
02-15-2016, 6:52 PM
Don't do that again. You've just put yourself through a minor hassle with the Ca nonsense for no reason whatsoever.

Win231
02-15-2016, 6:54 PM
I just picked it up so I haven't got a chance to fire it yet.

I had a pen but it doesn't fit on the bolts face. It's basically a huge ar bolt and has a huge ejector pin that takes up a lot of area. The tip works but that's protruding into the firing pin channel. So I still can't tell if the pin is protruding the bolt face correctly.

It'll be a few days till I get to the range. I bet it works fine, just a little tripped out at the way it is. Thanks guys.

Another method (less fun than the pencil): Take off the slide, push the firing pin in from the back. If there is a firing pin safety, you'll have to depress it first. The firing in should protrude beyond the breech face. It should retract back when you release it.

gixer1k
02-15-2016, 7:34 PM
So I try again and either it's really super fast or it stops right before it hits the firing pin. I give it a push manually and it moves about 3/16" and rests fully against the firing pin stop. There is no tension in that last 3/16" of travel.

I just checked my DE. The hammer does have a little play. That should not be an issue since mine was firing fine a few weeks ago.

Dooder
02-15-2016, 7:35 PM
Ok awesome. Thanks!

target_shot
02-15-2016, 7:55 PM
It *could* just be the way I am reading it, but this sounds a lot like a drop safety.....