PDA

View Full Version : Ruger American Pistol

VictimX
02-12-2016, 3:17 PM
Another simple handgun that CA wont have but why really? I know the laws are ridiculous and absurd to say the least but ...well there is no but is there? Any how the real question is has anyone in CA bought this gun and or tried it, any thoughts?

michaelinfv
02-12-2016, 3:45 PM
The modern revolvers appear and work like they're invincible. And they have more safety features then most revolvers especially the older revolvers that are not even drop safe. It's all politics. And it's all about money and the fact that it didn't grease enough palms in Sacramento. Because like Smith & Wesson they are big enough to do without us. And as much as I miss both of those makers guns. I'm right there with them. In a a couple years I will be moving there where you can buy them and walk out the door with them like it was when I was growing up. No big deal. But if that happened I would they hold the country hostage. If we would just give California back to Mexico it might solve a lot of our problems. Because we know they're not allowed to have guns. And it's done so much to help their crime rate . But I guess it would be just like now. You just greasing lower level palms to get out of jail or not even go to jail.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cnj
02-12-2016, 4:06 PM
The modern revolvers appear and work like they're invincible. And they have more safety features then most revolvers especially the older revolvers that are not even drop safe. It's all politics. And it's all about money and the fact that it didn't grease enough palms in Sacramento. Because like Smith & Wesson they are big enough to do without us. And as much as I miss both of those makers guns. I'm right there with them. In a a couple years I will be moving there where you can buy them and walk out the door with them like it was when I was growing up. No big deal. But if that happened I would they hold the country hostage. If we would just give California back to Mexico it might solve a lot of our problems. Because we know they're not allowed to have guns. And it's done so much to help their crime rate . But I guess it would be just like now. You just greasing lower level palms to get out of jail or not even go to jail.

Say whaaaaaaat?????

VictimX
02-12-2016, 4:07 PM
I wanted to buy this but well that roster.

http://www.ruger.com/products/rugerAmericanPistol/models.html

https://pp.vk.me/c630627/v630627501/c1b7/Q2W7pcVlJBY.jpg

Canadadry
02-12-2016, 4:49 PM
I've handled one and the ergonomics aren't that great.

DArBad
02-12-2016, 4:51 PM
I've handled one and the ergonomics aren't that great.

Please elaborate cause I want one too.

stormvet
02-12-2016, 5:27 PM
Looks like my SR-22 on steroids.

billofrights
02-12-2016, 6:52 PM
Looks like my SR-22 on steroids.

Looks an FN five-seven had a baby with an SR-22.

SoCal Bob
02-12-2016, 7:04 PM

The Military Arms Channel has a good review where he discusses the ergonomics, or lack thereof.

DxqL9L-0sN8

Canadadry
02-12-2016, 8:09 PM

I'm sorry I can't explain it. I've got big hands but as soon as I picked it up I knew I would never buy one due to the ergos. I wanted to like the gun.

EspoMan
02-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Thing is ugly

reverser
02-12-2016, 10:31 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1160856&highlight=ruger+american

DaSik has one, ask him.

Mossy Man
02-13-2016, 7:07 AM
i like space guns.

i like space guns http://cdn.hitfix.com/images2/assets/marchmayhem/2015/tv-hero/captain-kirk.jpg

JackRydden224
02-13-2016, 7:17 AM
The Military Arms Channel has a good review where he discusses the ergonomics, or lack thereof.

DxqL9L-0sN8

There is an article on TTAG about how it wasn't a problem to many shooters who shot it on that day. I would love to get my hands on one to try it out.

michaelinfv
03-02-2016, 1:16 PM
Say whaaaaaaat?????
Sarcasm

MyOdessa
03-02-2016, 4:00 PM

Nuts.

michaelinfv
03-02-2016, 4:02 PM
Nuts.
Ok so I'm nuts. Who the hell cares

joeymfd
03-02-2016, 4:20 PM
I want one too!!!!! so how do we leagaly get them

ChuckW
03-02-2016, 4:48 PM

I read this twice. Not a bad stream-of-consciousness ramble.

hundreddollarman
03-02-2016, 4:50 PM

But are you... DEEZ NUTS?

AdamB330
04-27-2016, 8:13 PM
Its a cheaper VP9 right? Did I miss something?

Trump1
04-27-2016, 9:19 PM
It's a shame. I have a small hand and I was hoping to add another 45 to my collection some day when we win Pena v. Lindley. I'll have to check the gun out next time I'm in Arizona.

wl518
04-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Ruger has been slow to catch up on the semi auto polymer game. With the current lineup of glocks, MPs, Sig 320,, vp9, and PPQ we have to ask ourselves if the American is any better than the models listed? I have yet to see a review that says yes.

Fishslayer
04-27-2016, 10:24 PM

Normal's overrated anyway... :shrug:

Trump1
04-27-2016, 10:30 PM
I might have to consider an SR45. Looks like better ergonomics.

I don't like that the American Pistol's slide releases when a magazine is inserted. Never had a pistol do that. I suppose it could be beneficial though. I wonder if that design was intentional?

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr45/models.html

DoggyManDan
04-27-2016, 10:40 PM
The reason it is not on the CA roster is because our brilliant legislature got the micro-stamping law passed. Any new handgun brought into the state must have micro-stamping with a unique serial number on the firing pin that imprints onto the spent cartridge. Since the technology does not exist, and no manufacturer would be foolish enough to try it, we will never see a new handgun in this state until something is done with that law.

Trump1
04-27-2016, 10:45 PM
The reason it is not on the CA roster is because our brilliant legislature got the micro-stamping law passed. Any new handgun brought into the state must have micro-stamping with a unique serial number on the firing pin that imprints onto the spent cartridge. Since the technology does not exist, and no manufacturer would be foolish enough to try it, we will never see a new handgun in this state until something is done with that law.

Pena v Lindley challenges the handgun roster. The case is on appeal with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and from there on to the Supreme Court presumably.

DoggyManDan
04-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Pena v Lindley challenges the handgun roster. The case is on appeal with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and from there on to the Supreme Court presumably.

Let's hope it makes it.

JackRydden224
04-28-2016, 1:42 AM
Actually if the micro stamping gets tossed out a few more handguns would make it. Mag disconnect and LCI are not difficult for gun companies to do.

The Bacon Eater
04-28-2016, 7:35 AM
I have one in 9mm and like it. I like the different sizing on the back straps for width. Its fired all ammo Ive fed it. Every few mags I do get a fail to lock slide back though. Only negative Ive had.

Monster
04-28-2016, 7:45 AM
I want one too!!!!! so how do we leagaly get them

You have family in Texas. :p

TS77
04-28-2016, 7:56 AM
the american just seems like another iteration of the SR-series to me. wonder why they didn't just upgrade that series?

Click Boom
04-28-2016, 11:30 AM

The roster is less about greasing palms than it is about incrementally destroying 2a rights and exerting more control over the plebs.

Click Boom
04-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Ruger has been slow to catch up on the semi auto polymer game. With the current lineup of glocks, MPs, Sig 320,, vp9, and PPQ we have to ask ourselves if the American is any better than the models listed? I have yet to see a review that says yes.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49017/1215413-dontcount.jpg

Lonestargrizzly
04-28-2016, 12:28 PM
I like the look of that Ruger.. which is rare.

JustEd
04-28-2016, 12:35 PM
I wanted to buy this but well that roster.

http://www.ruger.com/products/rugerAmericanPistol/models.html

https://pp.vk.me/c630627/v630627501/c1b7/Q2W7pcVlJBY.jpg

I am rght there with you. Makes me wonder about all the apologists who said it won't hurt them when the list went into effect!

The way I look at it is just keep what I have and be ready to move if it becomes impossible to own or use firearms in Cali.

Still, another toy I am not allowed to purchase in a California gun store.