PDA

View Full Version : springfield xd45 5" question

gjmoran
02-11-2016, 8:09 PM
i went to purchase an springfield xd45 5" from turners several weeks ago. i did not know at the time that there was a bi-color one that is more appealing to me. after making the initial purchase they informed me that the gun was on backorder at the manufacturer and it would be several weeks before they would get a serial number.

anyways i found out about the bi color one about a week after and called to find out if i could update my order before the serial number gets issued out and they said maybe and to come down and bring my paperwork.

i went down there and the person talked to some people in the back for about 15 minutes and then explained to me that springfield only submitted their base model pistols (black) for sale in california and the bi-color models were not for sale.

basically feel like i was lied to and they didnt want to go through the hassle of redoing any paperwork. does anyone know if there is any truth to their statement or not?

thanks in advance

5ZS
02-11-2016, 9:17 PM
Yes, the bi-tone 5" model XD9623 was never on our roster at any point.

Just re-finish your slide, just more out of your pocket =|.

These are all that is left on our roster for 5" XD's, which really is nothing left.
http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
XD9162 / Polymer, Steel Pistol 5"
XD9262 / Polymer, Steel Pistol 5"
XD9621 / Polymer, Steel Pistol 5"
XD9622 / Polymer, Steel Pistol 5"
XD9624 / Polymer, Steel Pistol 5"

Oh, if there is an envelope with a date on it, can you tell me what date you have? Just curious on when that XD was made, this year or last year.

Congrats on the XD!

gjmoran
02-11-2016, 9:37 PM
they havent given me a serial number yet so im thinking it hasnt even been made yet. are there any bicolor xd being sold in california? also what issues will i run into if i try and change the handgun from what i originally ordered? ive already paid for it in full

PoorMan
02-12-2016, 10:51 AM
they havent given me a serial number yet so im thinking it hasnt even been made yet. are there any bicolor xd being sold in california? also what issues will i run into if i try and change the handgun from what i originally ordered? ive already paid for it in full

I hope you will be able to get an all black one because it appears Springfield has discontinued the XD Tactical (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1163319).

There are some bi-colors in CA. I saw a handful of them at AmmoBros in Ontario. They all had 4" barrels IIRC. They do look nice.

muzzle_flip
02-13-2016, 8:05 AM
Some gun shops (maybe most) will let you put a deposit down on a gun that you order through them (my experience has been a 25% deposit), then when the gun comes in you inspect it, pay the balance and start the paperwork. This is my preferred method when ordering through a gun shop. No need to pay the full amount ahead of time, that way if something goes wrong, you are only into it at 25%.

heidad01
02-13-2016, 8:50 AM
OP, You probably got the sales deal they had on XD45s at turners.
There is no Bi-Tone XDs on California Roster.
Yes, there are some Bi-Tone XDs sold in CA, but not at the price you paid, which was around $500 bucks. Bi-Tone XDs are the same as Gen4 Glocks in pricing. If that is what yo really really want, start looking in private sales ads and be ready with around $700 to $800 in cash. Of course that saves you the waiting time. ;)
Clear?

Odd_Ball
02-13-2016, 9:02 AM
basically feel like i was lied to ...

You were lied to ... by the state of California and the roster of "not un-safe" handguns

gjmoran
02-13-2016, 9:11 AM
is it possible to buy the slide seperately?

Varg Vikernes
02-13-2016, 9:16 AM
Just get it painted. A new slide is gonna cost you $200+

5ZS
02-13-2016, 10:40 AM
These are bi-tone, and on roster (9/40 caliber though). It's going to be along wait, but looks to be semi obtainable for the time being.
XD9202 / Composite, Steel Pistol 4.08" .40 S&W
XD9301 / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.08" 9mm

Just get the 5" black, either send to Springfield or other shop refining and upgrade the sights.
You can even get a slightly different shade of silver: http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/

heidad01
02-13-2016, 11:59 AM
He wanted XD 45 Tactical 5". Black only for CA.