PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cramer Backs 2A/Heller On Mad Money

Adonlude
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
I was just reading a recap of the latest Mad Money show and saw in his "lightning round" that he said he was pro-gun. He also gave a hallelujah to the Supreme Court for the Heller decission. This was just a brief blurb during a talk on Smith & Wesson Holding Corp but his show is national and reaches a whole lot of people so I thought it was cool:

http://madmoneyrecap.com/daily_recap_lightninground_081408.htm

Hopi
08-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Now that it has been affirmed as a civil right, we should start to see more pro-2nd folks come out of the woodwork absent fear of political/career negative repercussions.

BrianK_73
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I was just reading a recap of the latest Mad Money show and saw in his "lightning round" that he said he was pro-gun.

That is interesting because I remember watching an episode of Mad Money when he was talking about ATK (manufacturers of ammunition through subsidiaries). He said something to the effect that if you didn't agree with their business that you could take some of the profits and give them to a gun control group. I don't remember him mentioning what he would do but I came away thinking he was either anti-gun or indifferent.

Somewhere in the first couple of chapter of Confessions of a Street Addict, I came to the same conclusion but I can't remember why.

Either way, I like his show and his books. If he really does support the 2A that is just a bonus.

grywlfbg
08-18-2008, 1:45 PM
Too bad he's insane and everything he says about the economy is wrong - he's been calling a "bottom" in the market for months and is still wrong. He's just a shill for his Wall Street buddies making money at your expense - be careful about heeding anything he says.

Crazed_SS
08-18-2008, 1:52 PM
I was just reading a recap of the latest Mad Money show and saw in his "lightning round" that he said he was pro-gun. He also gave a hallelujah to the Supreme Court for the Heller decission. This was just a brief blurb during a talk on Smith & Wesson Holding Corp but his show is national and reaches a whole lot of people so I thought it was cool:

http://madmoneyrecap.com/daily_recap_lightninground_081408.htm

Hmm.. someone must have converted him then..

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=201864&highlight=Jim+Cramer

bwiese
08-18-2008, 2:37 PM
Cramer has made favorable mention of S&W investments in is "invest in sin" category (along with booze & tobacco makers). Have not heard of favorable or unfavorable RKBA stances.

He is buddies with NY's antgun AG Eliot "My Hookers Cost $4K" Spitzer.

BigDogatPlay
08-18-2008, 3:08 PM
If he is touting Smith & Wesson Holding Corp purely as an investment, then he probably doesn't give a rat's patootie either way about 2A and Heller. It's really about the money. But even a rocket scientist like Cramer can figure out that a favorable ruling on Heller could / would have the effect of giving a boost to firearm sales, hence S&W's bottom line.

Think I'll be calling my broker for some research as it's trading near the bottom of it's range.

hoffmang
08-18-2008, 5:31 PM
Being in social circles with antis shouldn't always rub off negatively on pro-gunners...

It's hard to be successful and not have anti friends/acquaintances...

-Gene

dfletcher
08-18-2008, 5:46 PM
I was equally surprised to learn that "Dr. Laura" is progun and owns handguns for self defense. I happen to hear part of her show (forgive me, better half in the car) last Saturday. BTW, Dr L is very aggravating to listen to - she tells women what to do, they don't want to listen and respond with "but what if he promises to never do it again?" Aaargh. Anyway, woman calls, her boyfriend's in jail. She mentions he belted her "in the middle of the 10 day waiting period, of course" which caught my attention. "A 10 day what?" says the Dr and the caller says she's buying a handgun for self defense. I figure OK, here it comes - but they spent the next 5 minutes talking about guns & practicing at the range, how well do you shoot etc. Wasn't exactly range day with the guys, but kind of surprising none the less.

hawk1
08-18-2008, 5:57 PM
Too bad he's insane and everything he says about the economy is wrong - he's been calling a "bottom" in the market for months and is still wrong. He's just a shill for his Wall Street buddies making money at your expense - be careful about heeding anything he says.

Amen brother! I lost a buttload when he "suggested" Nortel (NT) stock...:mad:

Adonlude
08-19-2008, 4:15 PM
If he is touting Smith & Wesson Holding Corp purely as an investment, then he probably doesn't give a rat's patootie either way about 2A and Heller. It's really about the money.

Here, Ill quote Cramers words to make it clearer:

"SWHC - No, no... SWHC was one of the first stocks I recommended. It wasn't just because they had started to come up with pink fashion guns... I like that idea, although I think it's like a... I'm also a 2nd Amendment guy... when it comes to guns. Although I am pro-gun and I have one... well, not anymore. I had it... well, that's a different story. SWHC went from $5 to $12 to $13. We said buy, buy, buy, and then we said sell, sell, sell, and we said never look back. It is back at $5, and I am never looking back... and hallelujah to the Supreme Court for its ruling on the 2nd Amendment."

AEC1
08-20-2008, 12:35 AM
So we have the support of an idiot... Watching him is like being in bootcamp again, all that yelling for nothing...

pullnshoot25
08-20-2008, 1:24 AM
That is interesting because I remember watching an episode of Mad Money when he was talking about ATK (manufacturers of ammunition through subsidiaries). He said something to the effect that if you didn't agree with their business that you could take some of the profits and give them to a gun control group. I don't remember him mentioning what he would do but I came away thinking he was either anti-gun or indifferent.

Somewhere in the first couple of chapter of Confessions of a Street Addict, I came to the same conclusion but I can't remember why.

Either way, I like his show and his books. If he really does support the 2A that is just a bonus.

I remember that too.