PDA

View Full Version : Multi forum challenge

jkcerda
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
thanks to Kestryll for letting me post this.

like the title reads, challenge between the forums.
rules here

http://www.huntingbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?t=1269

your own sign up thread here.

http://www.huntingbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?t=1281

we look forward to meeting you guys as well as coming here & introducing ourselves:)

jkcerda
08-16-2008, 11:41 PM
ok guys, current list just gathered from this forum.

Teamcalguns current members
Quote & add your name to the list.

teams are made of of 5 members per team, please read the rules regarding team leaders, multiple teams per forum are allowed.

you may have a link to this forum in your sig as well as the teram you represent when you decide on it.

PLEASE CHECK LIST, IF YOU ARE IN HERE BY MISTAKE,PM JKCERDA
I am aware that hunting with forearms starts later in the season, so we are looking forward to seeing your success in the fields, take care & onjoy the season

I will be checking in here periodically to see your progress.

Gunaria
08-17-2008, 12:16 AM
If this is consider thread crapping then mods delete it as you will..

First of all this is a novel idea and can be seen as just pure and simple fun, but the thought of hunting being used for an internet contest for points is kind of sickening. I'll just leave it as that.

jkcerda
08-17-2008, 1:01 AM
I got permission from the Admins here to post it up.
the contst is for a good cause, makes no difference what forum wins, a child/disabled adult will get to enjoy what some are able to do every year.

Gunaria
08-17-2008, 9:52 AM
I am not doubting the cause, as a matter of fact it is a great cause. Is there a foundation as to where anybody else or myself can make a donation? This is a worth while cause. But just the thought of harvesting game for internet points just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

jkcerda
08-17-2008, 10:35 AM
I am not doubting the cause, as a matter of fact it is a great cause. Is there a foundation as to where anybody else or myself can make a donation? This is a worth while cause. But just the thought of harvesting game for internet points just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

we are working with the foundations as we speak, it is harder than you think to organize all of this, we felt that it was beter for all involved not to ask for any donation, when we settle things with the foundation, i wll post how any member can reach them to donate directly to the foundation.

if you see the rules & understand them a bit, those of us who are in Souther CA doont have a chance against the mosteers that are harvested in kansas & IL.
we felt that by NOT offering a price directly to the team & instead giving it away to someone in need, that ANY hunter will not be encouraged to "cheat" or do something he would not normally do.

I welcome those who wish to enter & respect the decision of those who dont.
have a great season & be safe out there.

PatriotnMore
08-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I am in. I signed up on your site as HoofnWing.

jkcerda
08-17-2008, 10:59 AM
thank you and welcome, added you to the list:)

PatriotnMore
08-17-2008, 11:07 AM
You might want to contact Jesse, at his website and see if you can post it there.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index.php?

jkcerda
08-17-2008, 11:16 AM
You might want to contact Jesse, at his website and see if you can post it there.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index.php?

I heard of Jesse, first time I go to his forum. thanks for the link.

Gunaria
08-17-2008, 5:04 PM
Here's another nice hunting forum to try; http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/

jkcerda
08-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Here's another nice hunting forum to try; http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/

thank you, trying to stick to forums to hunt deer as well, we tried predatormasters to, but many have started hunting laready or have too many contest going on.

we figured it would be good to challenge you guys as you are mostly gun hunters, most of our team are archery guys.

jkcerda
08-19-2008, 1:00 PM
nwe forum added to the list :)

spectr17
08-19-2008, 9:57 PM
jkcerda, what's the name of the ranch in TX where the winner will hunt for ram? You really need to spell out the rules and prizes BEFORE the contest starts just to keep everything above board.

I'm not a big fan of hunting contests since it can tempt someone to take an iffy shot to try and win a rifle or whatever the prize/bragging rights are.

You may also want to review the CA DFG rules on hunting contests.

2003. (a) Except as specified in subdivisions (b), , and (d), it
is unlawful to offer any prize or other inducement as a reward for
the taking of any game birds, mammals, fish, reptiles, or amphibians
in an individual contest, tournament, or derby.
(b) The department may issue a permit to any person authorizing
that person to offer a prize or other inducement as a reward for the
taking of any game fish, as defined by the commission by regulation,
if it finds that there would be no detriment to the resource. The
permit is subject to regulations adopted by the commission. The
application for the permit shall be accompanied by a fee in the
amount determined by the department as necessary to cover the
reasonable administrative costs incurred by the department in issuing
the permit. However, the department may waive the permit fee if the
contest, tournament, or derby is for persons under the age of 16
years, or who are physically or mentally challenged, the primary
purpose of the contest, tournament, or derby is to introduce young
anglers to, or educate them about fishing. All permits for which the
fee is waived pursuant to this subdivision shall comply with all
other requirements set forth in this section.
This section does not apply to any person conducting what are
generally known as frog-jumping contests or fish contests conducted
in waters of the Pacific Ocean.
(d) This section does not apply to any person conducting an
individual contest, tournament, or derby for the taking of game birds
and mammals, if the total value of all prizes or other inducements
is less than five hundred dollars ($500) for the individual contest,
tournament, or derby.

If your ram hunt in TX is valued at over $500 you may have a problem with DFG. We've had this issue come up on our forum in the past so yeah, they do enforce this.

jkcerda
08-20-2008, 8:08 AM
jkcerda, what's the name of the ranch in TX where the winner will hunt for ram? You really need to spell out the rules and prizes BEFORE the contest starts just to keep everything above board.

I'm not a big fan of hunting contests since it can tempt someone to take an iffy shot to try and win a rifle or whatever the prize/bragging rights are.

(the rules are posted in the first page and just reposted them, it would be nice if All the post were read b4 making an assumption)

You may also want to review the CA DFG rules on hunting contests.

If your ram hunt in TX is valued at over $500 you may have a problem with DFG. We've had this issue come up on our forum in the past so yeah, they do enforce this.

the rules of the contest are up http://www.huntingbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?t=1269

whats the value of a donation?

hunt was donated by one of my members, so there is no "cash" value, member has a ranch and more tags that he can handle, not the first time done, also the forum that wins does not get the prize, they get to pick an organization (like make a wish foundation) that will send a disabled child/adult on this donated hunt.

hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

spectr17
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
hunt was donated by a member so, no cash value there, I will get with DFG here in CA, guys name is Craig Stowers in charge of deer.

BTW, the winner gets to send a disabled child/Adult to the hunt, so, no real value to you other than feeling good about a worthy cause.

The states and IRS look at donated hunts a bit different then you. They look at the regular value of the hunt which is deducted by the donor. Trust me, been down this road a few times on Internet contests and banquets. Out here in CA a 2 day guided hunt for pig or deer goes for $600+. Not sure how much your donated TX ram hunt is but that's why I suggested you might want to get it blessed by CA DFG before you get a phone call from a warden.

I'm not assuming anything, you state at the top of your rules you're still working out the details. I'm just curious who the outfitter is that the hunt is with and who the charities you are still working out the details with.

Not trying to slow your roll, seen another guy get his tit in a ringer over something just like what you are proposing.

jkcerda
08-21-2008, 8:51 AM
The states and IRS look at donated hunts a bit different then you. They look at the regular value of the hunt which is deducted by the donor. Trust me, been down this road a few times on Internet contests and banquets. Out here in CA a 2 day guided hunt for pig or deer goes for $600+. Not sure how much your donated TX ram hunt is but that's why I suggested you might want to get it blessed by CA DFG before you get a phone call from a warden.

I'm not assuming anything, you state at the top of your rules you're still working out the details. I'm just curious who the outfitter is that the hunt is with and who the charities you are still working out the details with.

Not trying to slow your roll, seen another guy get his tit in a ringer over something just like what you are proposing.

:eek: LOL,nice.
reaached a minor road block with the make-a-wish foundation, researching alternatives, we have a member that works with disabled Vets, no word from DFG yet.

jkcerda
08-21-2008, 10:06 AM
getting a hold of SCI, and C.H.I.L.D in TX (used to be hunt of a lifetime).

jkcerda
10-14-2008, 9:55 AM
hope you guys are being safe out there, few members reported accidents, good luck.

Gunaria
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
hope you guys are being safe out there, few members reported accidents, good luck.

Can you please elaborate on these accidents.

jkcerda
10-20-2008, 9:58 AM
Can you please elaborate on these accidents.

guy had a release brake, one tree stand accident as well, just a reminder to check you equipment.

jkcerda
11-08-2008, 10:29 PM
season almost starts for you guys, good luck out there, you can still sing up for the contest.

Dark&Good
03-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Is this still running, or can this space be used for more recent posts?

jkcerda
03-05-2009, 4:23 PM
Is this still running, or can this space be used for more recent posts?

not running anymore, yes, thread can be "un-stickied"